• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Server serious server problems (linux) clients stuck at connecting after mapchange... (linux

Last night or the night before i ran steamcmd to see if there were any updates for my servers. It said it had to 'reconfigure' one file. after this now clients keep getting stuck on connecting after mapchange, when this happens i can't even get into webadmin it will just say waiting for.... in...
  2. S

Code [help] what is wrong with my script?

hi i made a 'horzine x vaccine' item to give random effects to the player when purchased, and after recoding it only the player resizing and jump modifiers seem to work. i had the maxhealth modifier and speed modifier set to other.default before and then it would apply the effects, but i...
  3. S

Code problems with shakeview / blurs

Hi guys, i want to include another effect to my horzine vaccine script as posted here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1168832#post1168832 to disorient / blind the player. i tried: KFPlayerController(Other.Controller).ShakeView(vect(30.00, -30.00, 30.00), vect(200.00...
  4. S

[Mutator] New item - Horzine X Vaccine

Horzine X Vaccine UPDATED: 20/12/12 1:26AM : New Version Added Here's a silly little item i made today for my custom servers. It's called Horzine X Vaccine, it is an experimental drug from horzine which can give the player good or bad effects. Description: The Trader has a new item in stock...
  5. S

Code [question] changing maximum health

Can someone tell me please how can i change the maximum health for a player? i looked in the KF source code and tried: *pawnname*.HealthMax = 150; but this doesn't seem to do anything is it even possible to up the maximum health for a player? Thanks
  6. S

Server lags when zombies spawn (linux dedicated server)

Hi guys, I've set up a few linux (centos) KF servers a while ago under a virtual machine in my dedicated server, and they're running fine and lag free for most of the time. However when zombies spawn it will give lagspikes of a couple of seconds, it's not just me it happens to all the players...
  7. S

Code [help] raining money

i've just started coding for unrealscript and to learn i am trying to make a simple mutator which makes it rain money in intervals. the money is supposed to spawn above the players head and fall down. i'm testing it on my dedicated server. so far i can't even get the postbeginplay to work, it...
  8. S

Code [help] backpack item

Hi there, i'm trying to make a new item for my custom servers called backpack, you can buy it from the trader and it should give 10 extra carryweight. when i finish / fix it i will release it here for public use. EDIT: removed irrelevant questions, please check my other posts. Thanks.
  9. S

Server problem with specimens in sandbox (XMAS update)

hi i'm having some really annoying problem and could really use some help. zombies will not show up since the XMAS update and will crash my (modded) server on spawn showing a bunch of errors like the ones below. custom zombies spawn fine using sandbox mode, but as soon as normal KF ones are to...
  10. S

[help] how can i change random items on map?

On a lot of maps random items spawn on fixed positions , like Handcannon, Bullpup , Second 9MM and Vest. Can someone please tell me in which file i can edit this list or if there is a mutator to edit it so i can add custom weapons / items to it? i've searched for files containing vest bullpup...
  11. S

Code [help] Engineer Perk - code attached

Hi there, i'm trying to make an Engineer perk for marco's serverperks V5, i'm a noob when it comes to utscript so could use really use some help in getting the last thing of this perk working. basically it gives people a discount on buying sentry turret / sentry bot and portal gun and increases...
  12. S

Code question about adding a new perk

Hi there, i'm trying to add a new perk for serverperks v5 using the source code for demolitions perk i changed some things to give discounts / damage multiplier for people using turrets / portalgun instead. i'm new to coding for KF but have coded for other games / platforms before so was able...