• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Nikita

April 21st RO2/RS Update Changelog

Haha, looks like our resident Wehrmacht affectionados will have to play Russian a little more often :p
  2. Nikita

April 21st RO2/RS Update Changelog

Awesome! Transports have arrived! Is the key-controlled tank turret horizontal-axis only? Or does it include gun elevation/depression control as well?
  3. Nikita

[Game] War Thunder

Giving this a bit of a bump, as I just installed the game myself... I'm coming in with some experience from the old-school Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator series, and I'm playing a mix of Simulator Battles and Realistic Battles--don't think I'll touch Arcade Mode. So far, it's great fun...
  4. Nikita

melee system desperatly needs an update

Er, I'm sorry... :( If it's any comfort, it's a goddamn fantastic miniseries. Legio XIII forever.
  5. Nikita

melee system desperatly needs an update

I'm a fencer. You'd be surprised how often even a trained, experienced fencer can completely miss a target the size of a human being. The bayonet's hitbox shouldn't be any larger than the bayonet is. As for bayonet damage... it took 21-23 dagger wounds to kill Julius Caesar. Stab wounds...
  6. Nikita

Weapon malfunction

Agreed. Weapon and team loadouts, bleed-out and bandaging mechanics, LMG hipfire... heck, even grenade physics... there's a lot more on the realism side that I'd rather have first.
  7. Nikita

Weapon malfunction

No... they're a fundamental part of the base game that everybody plays. Tournament games have been decided because an important hero 'evaded' a high-damage spell due to random chance, or because another spell stunned for two seconds instead of four... I'm quite familiar with Super Smash, both...
  8. Nikita

Weapon malfunction

Don't make me laugh. DOTA 2 is one of the games played worldwide at a high competitive level, with a well-established professional player pool and significant amounts of prize money. Nevertheless, it's a game that incorporates a substantial amount of random chance: critical chance, miss...
  9. Nikita

[Movie] Game of Thrones

To each his own. I read the books and enjoy the series, though I can imagine that watching the series first would affect one's reading of the books.
  10. Nikita

Weapon malfunction

Why is it not in the game? The devs have mentioned that they didn't want to add a random chance mechanic to the game, but more realistically, it probably just didn't justify the added development time... especially the animation work required.
  11. Nikita

What We Are Up To - Later Today We Will be Adding Transports to the Rising Storm Beta

Depending on the shell's charge, the overpressure alone that's generated by a large round would likely kill everyone in either a halftrack or a Universal Carrier. Given that both of the tanks currently in-game are equipped with a 75mm and a 76.2mm main gun, I would guess that any passengers...
  12. Nikita

Squad do you want Classic weapon handling on 40-1 IOM server?

Sure, why not? I've always generally held that the main issue behind high weapon accuracy in 'Realism' was the low degree of sway. It'd be interesting to play with Classic levels of sway, but have shift-zoom enabled just to see how it feels.
  13. Nikita

Level Design Fallen Fighters Extended Edition

It's a great concept! My one bit of feedback would be that a lot of the trenches look too neat... they're dug at right angles, the construction is just a little too refined... It looks great though! Fantastic work!
  14. Nikita

In Country

Yeah, well, we've had a bit of a brain drain over the last two years, really, haha
  15. Nikita

Add action to MG for hip-fire

Yes, pretty please... ...but given how many times this has been requested, and how a few people always come out of the woodwork to defend the status quo, I'm not holding my breath that this will change anytime soon.
  16. Nikita

Squad The Immersion Overhaul Mod comes to 40-1!

Fun games today! Good to see it up on 40-1!
  17. Nikita

Tactics AT Rifle Tips

You are aware that this is Russian 14.5x114mm we're talking about? Produces massive residue buildup after firing, propellant loads from round-to-round so inconsistent that Zaitsev flatly gave up on using the PTRD/PTRS for sniping... :P
  18. Nikita

Add transport to Bridges?

Yeah. A generational thing. Us youngsters are just crybabies, you're right. Now that the ad hominem has come out, I see nothing more to gain from the discussion. Congratulations, general, the field of battle is yours.
  19. Nikita

Well, so the secret is out--turns out you agree that the map is unfair, or at least a challenge. That's great and all, but unlike what happens in a real military, a good player can't order the rest of their team around and magically have everyone follow those orders. One can make suggestions...
  20. Nikita

Well, you of all people know what they say--which is that no battle plan survives contact with the enemy. It's easy to say that soldiers with SMGs should accompany the tank at all times. Easier said than done. It's easy to say that the defenders should be tempted into attacking. In my...