• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Combat Mission: Strike Force

The game is horribly buggy :( 4 Strykers in a column, ordered to move down a perfectly straight road...2 of the Strykers go ballistic and drive off the road several meters, swerve back on and just mess up the entire integrity of the column. Hopefully all this stuff will get fixed, but the game...
  2. D

Most Atmospheric Scene in a game?

Some of the large scale operations (that weren't plagued with technical problems) I did when playing with ShackTac in OFP were damned fun and atmospheric. Bullets flying all around as we jumped out of a 5t truck, hiding behind a berm as a BMP sprayed down a couple guys infront of me with MG...
  3. D

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

While the lethalness of the game can cause some levels to get bunched up into never-ending firefights, where a few bugs like being crouched behind something, you shoot whatever you are behind but can still get shot...I still love it being such a deadly game. In RO, I sometimes just sprint across...
  4. D

That is because in RO you have 5-shot bolt action rifles, not 30-round semi-automatic and fully automatic assault rifles. There are no kill notifications, something RO:O has needed but never been given, a little bit more realism that RO could use but still doesn't have for some reason? Please...
  5. D

I really like it. Has a lot of nifty features that RO could use but hasn't included. It is fast paced, but also pretty tactical. You can't just sprint ahead and spray bullets over an area and control it, or be a pop-up rifleman like in RO:O, knocking off enemy targets with pinpoint accuracy...
  6. D

I'm really enjoying this mod. It's pretty fast paced which makes people here seem to disregard it as being "arcadish," even though RO is just as fast paced...It has some nice features that RO could use, such as no death messages. Learning the maps is kind of hard, but that adds another dimesnion...
  7. D

Happy 'Getting Booted from the Commonwealth' Day

Standing out at a landing with hundreds of people watching tons of fireworks this guy with a wife beater and a beer bottle next to me yelled "AMERICA! **** YEAH!!!!!" It made my night so much more special. :D
  8. D

The _MOST_ Ultimate Starwars game everrrrrrrrrr

Well, if this had gotten more coverage, he could be a new "Internet Hero" along the lines of Leeroy Jenkins and *****.
  9. D

We need Killshooter bad

Agreed. This is a bad idea, it punishes too many people who don't deserve it. Many situations which would be resolved by a "sorry" and "no problem, tk's happen" would just piss people the hell off. Please never implement this.
  10. D

How to take care of bad players

It still has all the flaws I mentioned despite your insistence that "new but motivated players wouldn't get kicked." And I do play on unadmined servers, most of the 50 players servers have no or very poor admining. But your solution is just too complicated and the real solution is just more...
  11. D

random civilians in the game

AA isn't about war. It is modern conflict in civilian locations. There aren't divisions about to crash into each other like in WWII. Most civilians in WWII were evacuated or hid in cellars and the like so it was very unlikely to see any.
  12. D

How to take care of bad players

So they get 30 minutes of gameplay to ruin other people's time? I don't see much usefulness in this, not to mention that it might piss off newbies learning the ropes. Not a good idea.
  13. D

Red Orchestra Desktops

Nice, I have the wood German widescreen for me. Good stuff on the Panthers too.
  14. D

Dumb Luck Moments

Any time I get a kill while behind a machie-gun...
  15. D

So why is this game called Red Orchestra anyways?

I think it is around that. And I believe the devs initially wanted a single player shooter-RPG kinda thing...
  16. D

Possibly the greatest movie ever!!

I can't wait. It does look a little off from the games, but not so far off as other games-turned-movies or books-turned-movies and the like. I saw the trailer first when I was seeing the first showing of Die Hard at midnight. I was tired, but then I heard all my friends asking what this preview...
  17. D

Ventrilo Harassment

Haha I don't understand some of em who get pissed off, that kind of stuff would crack me up. EXCELLENT!
  18. D

disabling VOIP

I like it how you people never tell us these magical servers or their special hours but love to boast about how great they are and how everyone uses VOIP for tactical purposes. In my experience, it is all about luck, and it seems that a lot of people aren't blessed with your luck. Please get...
  19. D

Tanktowers should blow off

When this topic was brought up earlier, I think it was Yoshiro who showed that most of the rounds in the game by themselves would barely move the turret at all.
  20. D

disabling VOIP

True true. All I tend to hear is a mixture of "Dude, where's my tank?" to "FOR SPARTAAAAAAA!" to "You suck!" I'm all for team play, but I can do better solo than having to work with this kind of communication. That sort of stuff is fine in text form, it just flashes through my mind when my eyes...