• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Landrik

Squad 16.Panzer-Division

16.Panzer-Division is continuing realism gaming in RO. Well done. Viel Gl
  2. Landrik

Beta Release Better Realism Weapons Mutator

Any way you can make it so that sappers don't use SMGs? Thing is, those packs were designed to carry rifle ammo on the sides of their pouches. It was never wanted for someone who's laying charges to carry a MP, rather covered by one who had one. It's something I've harped since RO2 came out, but...
  3. Landrik

TWI at SIEGE-con

I heard about SIEGE (Southern Interactive Entertainment & Game Expo) from a few Soviet Reenactors I'm friends with. TWI is going to be there and have Eastern Front reenactors show up on October 5th. I wonder if they're going to have any kind of news on RO:HoS released. :IS2...
  4. Landrik

Give the engineer some love!

It may be a bit spammy, but it's relevant. A tutorial film from WWII "Manner Gegen Panzer" (Men Against Tanks) shows the many ways of taking out tanks. The most relevant ones being the hafthohlladung planted onto the tank or the tellermine being thrown under the tank's tracks. As Biermann...
  5. Landrik

More open map design

@Baron: HoS is definitely more lethal than Ost/DH. During our realism trainings at the time squads would melt like butter even in full cover because of how accurate everyone is. Even using a MG was a bit like a deathtrap when tried to be used as a squad support weapon. It was more like a...
  6. Landrik

Rising Storm gameplay video

EXCELLENT features, but I'm not pursuaded for a buy. Especially with a price, I'm just going to have to wait even after release to make a final decision. I don't want to be getting my hopes up like I did for RO:HoS.
  7. Landrik

Tactics Ten things for every role (besides rifleman) to know:

I did this same trick once to disastrous effect for them. I mounted a fixed Maxim and picked people off on their approach route 200 meters away. 32 kills and didn't die once during the game.
  8. Landrik

10) If you've found yourself in that sweet ambush position where the tank is worried about what's in front of it and you're behind it, hidden away like the little bastard you are, look before you leap. I was able to kill about 20 infantry and 3 tanks in one life as an engineer because of using...
  9. Landrik

Stand Alone game

I agree with MeFirst. If it's launched through RO2 (possibly a better option) it'd be nice to have that special icon to click in the RO2 main menu to deploy into Rising Storm.
  10. Landrik

When are we going to have new player models ?

That's the thing, though. You look at all the German soldiers in Stalingrad in combat and there's not much difference between a regular soldier and a Lieutenant other than the shoulderboards. Now back at the barracks, on the move, etc. You can see the difference. Officers are wearing their...
  11. Landrik

Tactics Basic advice for close-quarter combat?

Hip-fire and charge if you're close enough. Automatics are the bane of your existence. If you can kill them with a well placed shot, do it. They're naturally going to spray and pray. Don't forget your grenades! If you're around a load of friendlies, then grenades are a no-go. They're best...
  12. Landrik

Awesome and useful thread. These are lessons that will practically help you in any game. All my time spent in RO and I jump into Battlefield 3 for the Xbox at a cousin's house and I was decimating the enemy team with an excellent balance of hanging back and picking off reenforcements as well as...
  13. Landrik

Officers didn't wear caps into battle. The "everyone wears a helmet on the frontline in combat" was a big deal back then for the Germans. When you were wearing a helmet, you meant business. I've read of one account of a German Officer who refused to wear his helmet, no matter how much prodding...
  14. Landrik

[Movie] My Way

MY WAY - US Trailer - YouTube
  15. Landrik

I'd like to see helmet variation, no more officer cap for Axis TL, winter clothing, and no more grenades magnetically attached to the belt.
  16. Landrik

Do we really need realstically accurate loadouts and weapons?

Over a year ago I was watching videos on AFVs of WWII since I never really cared to do much research into them. I saw some tank videos and it kinda flowed into Darkest Hour tank armor penetration system videos and I creamed my panties. I have always looked for a historically correct video game...
  17. Landrik

[Video] A Sticky for Random AWESOME Videos?

Eh... It works.
  18. Landrik

Anti Tank Guns (PAKs etc.)

I like how AT guns operate in RO. However, an idea would be that multi-crewing it would speed up the process of reloading and not having one there would be much like the slow reloading. Promotes team-play or at least ganging up for good use. Much like solo tanking is possible in RO:Ostfront...
  19. Landrik

Remove the MKB, AVT and G41 from classic mode

AVT and G-41 should pretty much be a hero weapon if involved at all in the game-type. There is one picture from Stalingrad where an EK2 holder has one. Also, the AVT was around, but it was such a piece of **** (much like the G-41) that it was sparingly used and possibly even scrapped if your...
  20. Landrik

MP-41, Luger, G43 and MG42

After I was done laughing my *** off, I had to reply. xD That would be fun as hell. I remember our unit did a "historically accurate reenactment of Stalingrad" :rolleyes: with our entire company charging a fixed maxim and two riflemen in a trench. This was before many server options and...