• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. E

Favorite Weapons.

I've always been a big fan of the LAR. It's such a great weapon offperk. So cheap and versatile. Takes out everything below a siren in 1 shot. It doesn't merely decap; it actually completely kills everything below a siren. Sirens and husks, it's only 2 shots. Also stuns husks. Such a good...
  2. E

Commando in the 11th wave.

One of the easiest ways to take out Patriarch in HoE is 6 commandos. They're perfectly fine.
  3. E

Mob Callouts and Other Miscellaneous Quotes On Command?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43509
  4. E

How do you like the new weapons?

Magnum only needs 2 shots to kill off husk and sirens just like the handcannon. This is on 6 man HoE.
  5. E

How do you like the new weapons?

Claymore: It seems absolutely useless right now due to both its weight and its priority when switching to melee weapons. I really like my LAR and the Katana's a must have. Inability to carry it with a crossbow is also troubling. Husk Cannon: It's a good sidegrade, but it's limited in...
  6. E

getting one shotted by husk?!

It's not really a bug if it's intended. If you have full health but no armor, 1 grenade can kill you if you're not demolitions.
  7. E

Bodyshot VS Headshot

You also have to think about your teammates competing for kills against you. There's also kills over time to think about. In the first case, you'd want headshots since you'd kill them faster and can move on to the next specimen. In the second case, it's the same thing. Headshots allow you to...
  8. E

Tactics How am i supposed to use Sharp?

It's a class that absolutely requires headshots for it to work. If you don't find the perk fun, there are 6 other perks for you to mess around with. If you can consistently get headshots with the class, you'll find yourself topping the kills charts all the time unless there's a spamming demo...
  9. E

Tactics How to use the Chainsaw/Hunting Shotgun?

If you go the hunting and pump route, you'll be absolutely swimming in money even in HoE. No need to buy that expensive 1199 dosh AA12 so you can spend that on ammo if you really need it. At level 6, though, if nobody dies and therefore the end of round bonus doesn't go down because of that...
  10. E

Zerker Loadout with Claymore

4 bodyshots or 2 headshots with 9mm.
  11. E

Read what I said. Using alt fire is better simply because it allows you to reload cancel. Also, if it's just clots, use your pump shotgun. If it's a bunch of gorefasts in a straight line, use your pump shotgun. If it's a couple side by side, then I'd think you'd want to use alt fire in case...
  12. E

Tactics Weapon Combos

Many loadouts which are good for hard become almost useless on harder difficulties. There's also a key difference for the M14 between hard and HoE difficulties. Scrake rages sooner on HoE. It takes 7 shots on HoE versus 6 shots on Hard to knock down a scrake. You might think this...
  13. E

Tactics Welding: pointless?

Did I say it is? What does it matter whether you call it a skill or not? Call it knowledge. Learning that specimens will funnel to the open door in a room with a welded door is knowledge just as knowing that crossbows do less damage to scrakes in suicidal and up. Does that mean it's suddenly...
  14. E

Tactics Weapon Combos

Don't think I like it too much. M14 can take out one scrake with precision, but it can be hard with other specimens there. Sometimes, there are even 2 or 3 scrakes. You'll want a LAR in that instance. LAR also helps a ton for crawlers when the situation implodes since it's a single shot to...
  15. E

Tactics Welding: pointless?

Sure it does. I've done tons of custom maps where a similar situation as biohazard or biotics lab or westlondon church would arise and similar specimen patterns appear. It's learned pattern recognition which DOES translate to other maps. This is the same pattern recognition you'd use to see...
  16. E

Where'd you hear that? I think the primary mark of a bad support is one that uses single fire on the hunting. You know why? No reload cancel. If you alt fire, you can immediately switch to your pump or aa12, shoot it once or twice, and the hunting is now reloaded. If you use single fire...
  17. E

Dec 13th Patch

Well, technically they were already reloading really fast with the handcannon, lar, and m14. They also have to reload much more than commandos due to low magazine size. They also can't really shoot fast as they have low ammo pool.
  18. E

Tactics How am i supposed to use Sharp?

You absolutely have to do headshots with the sharpshooter if you want to do good damage. Heck, everybody should be doing headshots. Commandos absolutely should be doing headshots. Medics doing headshots. Supports doing headshots with shotguns. Berserkers gotta do headshots with their melee...
  19. E

Tactics Weapon Combos

Undeniably best support loadout now available. Magnum / Katana / Pump Shotgun / Hunting Shotgun Solo everything. Never run out of ammo. Long range combat capabilities. Everything you ever wanted.