• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Tactics Recommended perk-level per difficulty?

Normal : 0-10 Hard : 10-20 Suicidal : 20 -25 HoE : 25 At least until people learn the intricacies of the game.
  2. L

Tactics Which class takes the most skill to be good at?

Thankfully that is the case, because this kind of zerker is amazing at body blocking shots from a commando and m14/Lar sharp. Even after the aoe buff to weapons its doubtful he can keep up with the kill speed of a good m14/lar sharp and won't even get close to a commando. (Support, Demo and...
  3. L

Tactics Which class takes the most skill to be good at?

Sharpshooter probably has the highest skill ceiling. Zerker probably is the easist class to hop on and survive anything. (In my opinion) For general support players I'd rate them on the easier end of things for the camping group, while things like the FP/Nade combo and Scrake Upper do...
  4. L

Question about Xbow Vs Scrake

I think (might be wrong) it has something to do lag + flinching. I've seen it happen a good many times with two bow sharps, you fire and hit the head while the other slower sharp fires too missing, but triggers the sc's flinch mechanism. I believe there might be a small time frame after the...
  5. L

Tripwire response to the difficulty of HOE and the nerf og M99

Some people want it to be a usable gun that doesn't competely break the game. Others want the "I win, 1 shot everything rifle" and they want it cheap. Neither party is really happy, hence. Fuss.
  6. L

Before we get carried away, lets also remember we have the LAW for demo's a light anti tank weapon that takes 3 shots to kill both FP's and SC's. But a hunting shot gun to the bottom of a SC's chin can kill it instantly.
  7. L

Saying it "Must" 1 shot and 2 shot is a completely arbitrary statement. If you want the gun to be usable you need to bring it into balance with the Bow not leave it an OP stick. It will be stronger than the bow in that its 3 shots instead of 4 bolts to kill a FP. Also the X-Bow kills...
  8. L

While the sentiment behind the quoted idea is nice, one needs to look a little deeper at the "Why they love it/Why they hate it" reasons if it is to be effective. If for example the Haters hate it because the gun is unusable and the lovers like it because the haters can't use it. Well then...
  9. L

Is KF too easy at HoE in your opinion?

First as someone said earlier this poll shouldnt' represent any meaninful portion of the KF community. Right now you have 30 saying yes, 29 no, and 9 who don't play HOE. Taking a quick peak at achievements a whopping 1.3% of the community has managed to beat West London HOE (which I think is...
  10. L

The Commando Challenge

You should give it a try on waterworks using the short/narrow hall. :)
  11. L

Need advice for our squad

While I agree that the M14 is a lot harder for new sharps (those not coming from an FPS background) the reason you stated is sort of contrary to how the guns work. Xbow/Mk23/Magnum or Xbow/HC especially lower levels do incredibly well body shotting things. The magnum has the highest rate of...
  12. L

Tactics You wanna be a better player? I'll tell you how...

I'm confused how someone can think a player would be powerleveled by being carried in an HoE game. Best case if he is "powerleveling" himself, that means he is more than carrying his own weight. If he is being carried by a level 6 he's seeing less perk progression than he would in a normal...
  13. L

Perfect weapons, HDR Bloom, a little boasting, & a few thoughts

I really enjoyed the feel of the old Mk23 when it was stupidly overpowered, so seeing it brought into some semblance of balance was a welcome change. (though it was funny to out commando commandos as a bowsharp while still handling FP's and SC's). As it stands now though, bow sharps have...
  14. L

Has any commando use up all 750 bullets?

Even going full killwhore on stock 6man HOE maps and getting 1100+ kills I can't remember the last time time I've run my Scar/AK both dry. My usual tactic is scar on semi auto for most of the game. Switching to full auto for a siren that gets too close or to decap a raged scrake that somehow...
  15. L

Players getting more guns, Zeds staying the same?

It really isn't that hard to understand, I've pointed it out before. Every other sharp weapon requires progressive skill jumps going from normal, hard, suicidal, hell on earth when dealing with "Big bads" For the m99 the skill jump stops at normal for scrakes and hard for fleshpounds...
  16. L

Tactics HoE positions

17. L

Tactics HoE positions

Thank you for this post. :)
  18. L

Tactics HoE positions

We're still waiting to see you handle 6 man HoE FP's with AA12 spam, since you know how to handle your guns so well. I'm more than willing to see a new better way of handling SC's and FP's. So far one takes more ammo and relies heavily on your ping (Making it more dangerous), the other...
  19. L

Tactics HoE positions

Dear Mr. AA12 hero. You are bad and should feel bad for posting advice. While it is possible at low pings to rage scrakes with an AA12 and pull a jump shot with the Hunting shotgun, there is a much smaller margin for error involved with the jump, when compared to the chin shot / flinch...
  20. L

Tactics HoE positions

It should be noted that while this can work on normal and hard, its terrible advice for a player jumping into a suicidal/HoE game.