• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. WinTurkey

Can't join a tank as a crewman

Wanted to try out the tank battles after the patch, tried to join as a crewman to a player commander, couldn't, instead was kept in spectate mode as if waiting to respawn.
  2. WinTurkey

Action mode is pretty fun

I like it, you didn't turn the game into full-on run and gun but it plays like a much more standard multiplayer FPS. Cover is still used, suppression is still effective, weapons still feel beefy. Good job.
  3. WinTurkey

Good job guys

Came back to the game after a few weeks of not playing, seems fixed. No bugs. No performance issues. Unlock system works as intended. Good job, can't wait for new content, either yours or 3rd party's.
  4. WinTurkey

Compensating for CPU

Here are my specs Geforce 470GTX 8gb DDR2 RAM Quadcore Q6600 @ stock 2.4GHz (can't OC because of Dell mobo, although I think they did some black magic on the FSB as it shows a clock speed of 1400MHz which is unusually high) CPU is the bottleneck in the setup, I'd like to know which settings are...
  5. WinTurkey

[Game] Acrhon

I didn't think it would ever come, I read about it in development but I thought the ideas were too out there to implement, but no, it's coming out on the 29th. Achron, an RTS where you can travel forward and back in time. Had your base destroyed by another player? Go back in time and stop it...
  6. WinTurkey

What if...

What if there is no game called Red Orchestra 2? What if it turns out that the whole game is in the mind of the grandpa from the recent trailer, whose post-traumatic stress from fighting in real-life WWII caused him to repress his memories and convince himself that what he experienced was...
  7. WinTurkey

How are binoculars implemented?

So I found this thread but it dates back a bit and doesn't much confirmed info. Since the game goes gold some time next week(?) I assume there binoculars question has been settled. I know they work differently to scopes, you press your eyes right in so there's no peripheral vision to implement...
  8. WinTurkey

Are all major game stores in the UK going to sell RO2?

So I went to GAME and Gamestop to inquire about possible CE packs, as I'm still on the fence about buying off of Steam. Not only were they not able to tell me anything about the CE but they haven't so much as heard about the game. No records of a release date, nothing. Now both of these stores...
  9. WinTurkey

Box Art thread

I know some discussion is going on in the announcement thread but I'm thinking a dedicated thread for it would be better. I'd be interested in seeing the thought process that went into the box art, as it's not exactly the implementation I would have thought of for the game. If someone from the...
  10. WinTurkey

So is it Steamworks?

Now that RO2 hit content lock and there's a release date announced can I get a final answer on whether or not the game is Steamworks? If it is I see literally no reason to buy the game outside of retail as I'll be paying less for it while having all the benefits of a Steam title with a free...
  11. WinTurkey

Victory day in Russia

So today is the 66th anniversary of the Soviet army defeating Nazi germany and apparently it's a pretty big day over there. How are you going to celebrate TWI? By releasing new material on ROHOS, I hope?
  12. WinTurkey

So how many copies of ROHOS is TWI hoping to sell?

I know it's a rather sensitive question, but I've been trying to estimate what sort of budget TWI had for ROHOS, how many copies they hope to sell, what kind of return on their investment they want to see and so on. In between all the BF3 vs CoD vs RO2 arguments a lot of people (not on the...
  13. WinTurkey

gore

I'd like more information about the gore in ROHOS. A bit petty asking about it considering the scope of the game, but still, RO is a series where getting kills is truly rewarding and nothing is more rewarding than having a visual feedback of your quick reflexes and sharp aim in the form of a...
  14. WinTurkey

A question about the realism for TWI

I know you guys are going for a game that's as realistic as possible, but have you had situations during the development where you basically decided "no, this is a video game after all, not a documentary, some sacrifices simply have to be made for the sake of fun". Not saying it won't be fun...
  15. WinTurkey

Scavenged clothing

I've heard that during the winter months in Stalingrad soldiers on both sides would scavenge clothing that they could find to keep warm. I don't know how realistic this would be, but I think an interesting feature for the winter maps would be having a soldier randomly spawn every so often...
  16. WinTurkey

Drop weapon, move faster

I can't remember if you could drop weapons at any time in ROOST, I think you should be able to do it in ROHOS, with the benefit of being able to move faster. Run out of ammo? Dump that rifle and use the extra speed to find a new one. May not be authentic soldier behaviour but I'd say it would...
  17. WinTurkey

The "supression" bar

In case you haven't already seen it, here's GDC gameplay footage showing the supression effect around 3 mins in http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-red-orchestra/711634 Personally, I don't think the current implementation of the suppression bar is the best. I know it's far too early to...
  18. WinTurkey

The rocket-launcher vs anti-tank rifle

So on reflection of all the WWII games that I've played I realise that I have barely seen any anti-tank rifles until playing Red Orchestra. Make no mistake, I've played a lot of WWII games, it just seems that the predominant weapon in all of them was a rocket launcher of some sort such as the...
  19. WinTurkey

Do game devs like TWI still "enjoy" games the way non-devs do?

I've been wondering this for a while, really a question for Tripwire staff, though anyone with any involvement in the game industry could probably answer. Since you/they work full-time and professionally as game developers who spend their work-day making games, is gaming still a hobby in the...
  20. WinTurkey

Will the soundtrack feature real-life WWII music?

I know TWI hired at least one composer to work on the music, I haven't heard much though about whether things like The Holy War or other classics from the era will be in it. Being in the public domain I see little reason not to include them, but I don't think a soundtrack listing or anything...