• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. WinTurkey

Red Orchestra 2 is a Steam Summer Sale Daily Deal

I had a 4.3gb RO2 download yesterday, some sort of update for the sale?
  2. WinTurkey

Can't join a tank as a crewman

That's not it, I've let the tanks respawn and nothing.
  3. WinTurkey

Can't join a tank as a crewman

Wanted to try out the tank battles after the patch, tried to join as a crewman to a player commander, couldn't, instead was kept in spectate mode as if waiting to respawn.
  4. WinTurkey

more than 6000 players

I don't know about sales but Tripwire managed to restore their public image, everywhere I see RO1 vets and people who were burned on the initial release of the game start to come back to the mindset that was present during the hype period of the game before the beta and release.
  5. WinTurkey

Server Browser Crash

Guys, can you check something for me? Try turning off the steam in-game overlay, it may be what's causing Punkbuster to mess up and crash the game. EDIT: It seems to help, not a 100% fix though.
  6. WinTurkey

Action mode is pretty fun

I like it, you didn't turn the game into full-on run and gun but it plays like a much more standard multiplayer FPS. Cover is still used, suppression is still effective, weapons still feel beefy. Good job.
  7. WinTurkey

ofp and bodycount canned

Any chance Codemasters will sell the IP (back) to Bohemia now?
  8. WinTurkey

Good job guys

Came back to the game after a few weeks of not playing, seems fixed. No bugs. No performance issues. Unlock system works as intended. Good job, can't wait for new content, either yours or 3rd party's.
  9. WinTurkey

Low GPU usage

Bumping because I have the same issue and a similar setup. Stock GTX 470 Q6600 at stock 2.4GHz 8GB RAM Used Nvidia system monitor to log GPU and CPU performance during a half-hour game on Apartments. GPU usage hovers between 40-60%, CPU usage across all 4 cores is about the same percentage with...
  10. WinTurkey

The leveling system does not work.

I don't think stat tracking has actually been activated yet by Tripwire, they might bring it out later.
  11. WinTurkey

Compensating for CPU

Here are my specs Geforce 470GTX 8gb DDR2 RAM Quadcore Q6600 @ stock 2.4GHz (can't OC because of Dell mobo, although I think they did some black magic on the FSB as it shows a clock speed of 1400MHz which is unusually high) CPU is the bottleneck in the setup, I'd like to know which settings are...
  12. WinTurkey

Allies or Axis?

Allies. Knowing the outcome of the war kind of sways my preferences for them as I know what horse to bet on. Plus, politics aside the Soviets get more sympathy as the ones being invaded and defending their own land, if/when RO2 gets Berlin missions where we get destroyed German houses serving as...
  13. WinTurkey

[Game] Acrhon

I didn't think it would ever come, I read about it in development but I thought the ideas were too out there to implement, but no, it's coming out on the 29th. Achron, an RTS where you can travel forward and back in time. Had your base destroyed by another player? Go back in time and stop it...
  14. WinTurkey

Playing With The Dev's?

>Try to add some of the devs as friends on Steam >denied
  15. WinTurkey

New mg 34 video by Zips

In real life you'd want to be away from a wall that's penetrated by a bullet to avoid shrapnel and debris, does RO2 model that? I assumed that it was a case of "if the bullet passes through, it passes through" with your distance from a wall not making any difference on how lethal it is.
  16. WinTurkey

New mg 34 video by Zips

It's funny how nobody is these gameplay videos seems to be using the cover system, preferring to manually crouch behind cover, manually lean and manually prop up weapons. The guy with the MG, you would imagine that the new system would be a godsend for him but he doesn't even use it, he props...
  17. WinTurkey

Voodoo Extreme' 2nd Video

Been meaning to ask about something I see in the tank footage. Sometimes the bottom left tank display shows there being 5 positions in the tank rather than 4, 3 in the turret and 2 in front of it. Are there 2 MG guys or is the gunner and commander different roles or what?
  18. WinTurkey

What if...

Tripwire delays game release, riots erupt in London. Tripwire delays beta, America is struck by an earthquake. John, seriously now.
  19. WinTurkey

Update on the Beta - Part 2

Meet us half-way, delay the beta all you want but lift the NDA on the current beta testers. The Gamescon build of the game looks entirely presentable, I see no reason why current players can't post it onto Youtube.