• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. karhuwaari

Tripwire Appoints new Interim CEO, Alan Wilson

Not to mention that SJW's do buy games (I've been playing Red Orchestra since the times it was just and UT2003 mod) but apparently SJW's also make games and it has business consequences for TWI As we can see
  2. karhuwaari

RO2 2nd Rifle World Cup - with new maps

-prkl- is in with atleast one team!
  3. karhuwaari

[Image] Some Continuation war pictures from my own collection

And some more pictures: -My grandfathers platoon, dated 27th of May, 1941 still couple of months before continuation war started - My grandfathers squad, dated 11th of May, 1941 -Some sort of dug-in gun emplacement(?), winter of 1941-1942 most likely -another view of the knocked-out/captured...
  4. karhuwaari

[Image] Some Continuation war pictures from my own collection

I finally decided to scan some old pictures my grandfather had from Finnish Continuation War (1941-1944) that I thought I'd share with you history buffs. My grandfather was a field medic NCO in the Finnish army, he was conscripted after Winter War when he was 19 years old and he was most likely...
  5. karhuwaari

TE-Spartanovka HORRIBLY unbalanced [read]

I played a few (something like 5) rounds of Spartanovka on allies today and we won all but one of them. Spartanovka just needs a good player to be soviet commander so he can use force respawns and artillery as much as he can. I racked some 80 kills as the commander in three rounds and over 3/4...
  6. karhuwaari

About The Weapons Unlocks: Is There a List?

Here are the unlocks I think have been confirmed or mentioned somewhere bolt-action rifles (and maybe svt-40): -bayonets ppsh41: -71 round drum magazine -select-fire version of ppsh41(?) Sniper rifles: -different powered scopes and semi-auto sniper rifles (automatically unlocked for DDE...
  7. karhuwaari

Honor Gain By Class

Remember that honor isn't everything, you also need to play specific class to get class-specific unlocks so it doesn't really matter. I think that Honor is the "overall"-level of your account but class and weapon levels matter much more.
  8. karhuwaari

Lockdown

I think that the lockdown is a great feature. In Ostfront I hated it when we were playing clan matches and sometimes had to either defend the first objective(s) for 20 minutes against an inferior enemy that didn't have a change, and sometimes it was us who were banging our head against the brick...
  9. karhuwaari

Soldier dies from disturbingly low falls

The fall damage feels a bit extreme, much more like RO-mod (where a drop from 1m tall crate would break your legs) than Ostfront. Jumping down from 2 meters or less shouldn't be enough to "kill" or incapacitate you, just slow you down (maybe prevent sprinting) for few seconds.
  10. karhuwaari

Performance, is this a joke?

What is this decent/playable fps, 30, 60, 100?
  11. karhuwaari

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

Looks like Cersei (though uglier), Jaime and Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones :F
  12. karhuwaari

[Game] The Witcher 2

I finished the game yesterday on easy and without doing any side-quests and I'm now playing it on medium and trying to do all side-quests. I found the prologue and first 2 chapters awesome but after that it was kinda *meh* as pretty much nothing is solved in Witcher 2 but left for the upcoming...
  13. karhuwaari

[Game] Word of Tanks

I've played since the closed beta where I had T-54, Panther 2 and JagdTiger as my "best" tanks. Now after the release and Hard-wipe I've gotten as far as having Panther 1 fully upgraded (need ~160k xp for Panther2 though), T-43 (20k xp away from T-44) and Ferdinand (50k xp short of the 128mm...
  14. karhuwaari

Preview on Eurogamer

What caught my attention was the last phrase: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is due to be released Q2 2011 on PC.
  15. karhuwaari

Tank vision slits and field of view.

I always moved my head wildly when I was driving a Leopard 2A4 in FDF trying to see as much as possible, would love that feature in Rohos. Even in as new tank as Leopard the vision slits are not that great for the driver and when driving something as big as a tank you really want to see as much...
  16. karhuwaari

What is your work or what do you study

21-year-old unemployed (for 3 months now). Finished high school and did 12 months in FDF as a Leopard 2A4 Mechanic/Driver. Thinking about trying to get to University of Helsinki to study English (or History, or something) and one day work as a teacher or something, don't know really, maybe I'll...
  17. karhuwaari

Aiming with 2 eyes with open sights

Atleast in FDF we were trained to aim both eyes open even with regular iron sights.
  18. karhuwaari

There will be vehicles

The ground does tremble noticeably (/ sound vibrates or whatever), atleast with modern CV9030 IFV or Leopard 2A4 (roughly same weight as Tiger). I almost got an orgasm in the army when a engineers Bridge-laying Leopard drove past us at basic training + I've driven both of them and been close to...
  19. karhuwaari

So who's going to be the first ROHOS mod?

When RO2 is released and it's found to be crappy the first "Classic RO"-mod will appear!