• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Server Steam Workshop maps not downloading to servers

They're getting bought out, don't expect support ever going forward. Most of these people are seeking new employment and probably have been for 18+ months. This is why there's no real support or community engagement besides their silly attempts at using their Discord to pretend they're engaged...
  2. D

Server KF2 (or any Unreal Engine 3) server on RedHat/CentOS/Rocky/Alma Linux DDoS defense with the help of firewalld

Not a DDoS. If it were the service I pay for would have kicked off, and it does when it's a legit one. Which happens every 3-8 months. I have 20gpbs mitigation enabled, this attack does not touch that threshold at all and it does not come from a distributed source. E.G. from one provider...
  3. D

Server KF2 (or any Unreal Engine 3) server on RedHat/CentOS/Rocky/Alma Linux DDoS defense with the help of firewalld

Why they're not attacked? Not running high population servers. They only run 6 man servers. Attacking a server hosting 2 people doesn't cause much grief. When you poll the player count and target based on that - TADA. This isn't an automated attack and it is not distributed. It is being...
  4. D

There's nothing distributed about this, it's a literal DoS. I haven't ever been hit by more than 2 IPs at once concurrently.
  5. D

Port 7780, 41,000 login attempts. I just null route the IPs and have the bandwidth where it doesn't matter.
  6. D

Server Not able to download custom workshop maps in KF2 Linux Server

I had this issue on a newly spun up Ubuntu server, never had the issue on CentOS. I didn't need to change any config files ultimately. What I needed to do was force a map change through webadmin to one of the custom maps. For whatever reason that kicked off the downloads. Prior to doing that...
  7. D

One of my servers is on 7780, gets hit. May decrease the frequency. I've done some digging and would not be surprised if this is being used or has been modified Fake Players by Luigi Aurriemma.
  8. D

Server Kicking and Banning Concerns

The damage is already done. What happens when the same person generates a few thousand servers that don't have adequate resources for proper hosting? Then just leaves everyone using match making (people actually use it?) so they join lobbies that then crash nearly immediately afterwards...
  9. D

Server Admins - Turn Your Servers Off

You didn't read the post correctly. He's not asking for the developer to shut down official servers, he's asking independant server hosts to join his protest over this decision. And it's hard to disagree.
  10. D

Server Kicking and Banning Concerns

Temporary would have been 2 weeks, 30 days. You're approaching half a year now. This doesn't stop me from banning IPs on the firewall level, it just makes me question why I spend $50+ a month on servers for a TWI game. I could previously manage my servers while at work from my phone, ya know...
  11. D

Killing Floor 2 Christmas Crackdown is Live!

So I have to manually ban IPs because you guys have no idea what you're doing any more? How absolutely lazy.
  12. D

This is why I've stopped playing...

If you enjoy endless you're welcome aboard to head on over to my HoE server:
  13. D

Server Is the minor lag issue on linux server when the match ends solvable?

Haven't experienced that except when actually being ddosed. If it's a game server provider you can bug their support. If it's just a linux server hosting you'd want to monitor the resource usage during that time.
  14. D

Server Custom Map Install Issue

I've been able to manually fix this issue on my Linux servers for quite a while now. Today the two I really don't care about on a Windows box I cannot fix with switching about the steamclient.so. So if what you're hosting is on Windows that may be why, still doesn't solve the problem...
  15. D

Server Server is going disk-drive crazy

This is what happens when you use the fix for downloads provided here: Lets you download but jacks your cpu/disk usage afterwards So you need to revert the changes if you made them from that fix that lets you download maps. This issue still hasn't been remotely touched on by TWI, don't think...
  16. D

Server Package Version Mismatch (On some maps only)

It looks like it's advertising the server/map when you select Drive_To_The_Heart. Does it crash and then start running biotics lab/default map? Or does it only crash/version mismatch when you or someone tries to join? If you have the resources you could just run the server in a VM on your...
  17. D

Since it's such a few amount, check the two locations to see if the permissions are the same compared to the working maps on the directories. The Drive map has a workshop ID of 770316991. It'd be nice to see what the log looks like when launching that map if possible. I'm running a few of the...
  18. D

I don't see any errors with the maps, e.g. RoofTop. Did this include trying to load one of the maps that gives you a version mismatch? Also, have you checked to see if the map files are the same in both locations? E.g. \kf2server\Binaries\Win64\steamapps\workshop\content\ and...