• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

A Post About Me

Well, I chose my nickname from Sven Hassel's books about 6 years ago, and I've been using it ever since in every game I play. The unavoidable fact, of course is, that other people have read those books aswell... :rolleyes: But atleast I'm the only Porta in -SUOMI-, and I don't play much on...
  2. P

On the tactical use of Halftracks

I saw some pretty good usage of the halftrack yesterday in TulaOutskirts. The russians have no anti-tank weaponary, and no grenades, so it really was terrifying to see it coming down the road towards you, with the MG firing point-fire to suppress our hardpoints, and when they unloaded the...
  3. P

So smoke has been forced onto all the maps then

I hope, and only can hope that the dev-team would wake up about this - they made a mistake implementing the smoke like they did. Smoke just ruins the smaller maps, as before stated, like Stalingradkessel, Krasnyi Oktyabr, Odessa and Kaukasus, basically everything with small, closed and covered...
  4. P

Something stalks the Forrest of Blood

Soldier's Fable "It came from nowhere. It came from everywhere, left, right, front and behind. Lightning fast, there's nothing we could do. He was silent like an owl watching it's prey. A blink and the giant axe cut the air and decapitated everyone who would enter his forest." -Told by a...
  5. P

I'm with Rak on this one. Smoke will most propably **** up clan-match tactics . Next addition must be a pilotable robot-hitler...
  6. P

A few questions regarding the update

Thought so. So it was a bug. Overline that one, then.
  7. P

The smoke grenades are really a bit of a two-way thing... They're nice if you use them yourself, and they've proven useful in a handful of situations... But then again, I can already hear murhis shouting "****ING SMOKE!!" I don't think they'll be so fun when trying to defend the courtyard on...
  8. P

A few questions regarding the update

Well, first of all, my warm congratulations to the dev-team for the new map, LyesKrovy. With one word, it's
  9. P

Where are all you RO players from ?

Helsinki, Finland, Perkele.
  10. P

OMG Headshrinking PPSH!!

One word: Illuminati.
  11. P

roladders 2nd Tank Night

I'll definately show up, Orel is always enjoyable, perhaps now even more with proper adversaries ;) -SUOMI-Porta
  12. P

MG's a bit more deadly?

You've just played too much of CoD, where all the enemies run straight into your sights whenever you even touch an MG-42. It's not like that in real life, or even in realistic games. The key is to find the perfect position, and not starting to spray right when you see someone's head peaking...
  13. P

What is possible with UE3.0?

Well, at least it looks good. I'm more interested in how it will work, destructible enviroment, flowing water, "living world" etc.. Sounds like a killer to the regular 3ghz processor. Imagine all that + 64 players throwing grenades, firing mg's, corpses and limbs flying around, moving objects...
  14. P

KonigsPlatz map-Why is the Siegess

Omg! We need a robot-hitler to the map, like in Wolf3D! :cool:
  15. P

Little Kids and Their Voices

I witnessed some boy, younger than 16, estimating from his voice, shouting like a maniac with a high-tone helium-voice something like "Kill those dirty nazi ****s!". My abs hurt from the amount of laughing :D Imagine the sound actor of tinky-winky from teletubbies shouting something like that. :p
  16. P

Can tank drivers have binocs please?

There is no need for that. That is why the commander is able to raise his head from the tower and spot with his binoculars. It's his job, the driver is just supposed to drive the tank into the fight and rotate it properly according to the commander's orders.
  17. P

Will there be AT Guns? (Merged a gazillion times)

I'd like to see some light Panzerabwehrkanone's (=pak) in game. Maybe a '38 or a '40. Those could be easily made so, that it requires one person to aim and fire it, and another to reload it. The reloader could also carry binoculars, and have the ability to raise his head from behind the plate...
  18. P

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

I see no trouble implementing the Panzerschreck. Of course, to achieve maximum firing speed and manouverability, two men for one launcher would be optimal, but then again, I couldn't imagine it being so hard to fire the Schreck, then lower it from your shoulder, grab a rocket from your...
  19. P

Far-fetched melee system

Well, something like that could work, but then again, would implementing something like this to a game be really worth all the trouble? The bayonet/butt -thrusting is good enough for me as it is. Really no use to throw in any more complications to the game, in my opinion. Altough, it feels...