• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

The rifles and balancing?

1917 Enfields didnt see much action in the Pacific with the Marines. There were more 1903 of 1910s and 20s vintage than Enfields. The Enfield was more of a WW1 rifle when enough 1903s couldnt be produced. The 1903 should only be supplemented by the 1903A3 on the 'Canal. Also...the...
  2. M

Reconsider the bootcamp level

That made my day
  3. M

This has been done in other games succesfully. Better zoom would be a treat for those who like the rifleman class better and have the option of sniping from medium range also the ability to fix bayonets. US Marine rifle marksmanship of WW1 outranged the sniper fire of many Germans at Bellau...
  4. M

Im suggesting some shots that were impossible for the K98 in RO2 Atleast 300m Im also hoping there could be a set of achievements, atleast 4-5 just for rifle marksmanship. How well you scored during bootcamp rifle qualification (like in America's Army) The Springfield should have better...
  5. M

How are riflemen going to be balanced?

Your grandpa had a terrible armorer and marksmanship coach then. The screws on the sides of the rear sight assembly have to be tightened down, otherwise the peep assembly will be able to slide up and down vertically with the smallest push. The rifle the Marines finally got was fully tweaked.
  6. M

I liked RO2's bootcamp phase. The one in MoHPA was pretty good too when it came to weapons firing. Id love to see targets really out there for the US marksmanship training. atleast to get to know the rifle's sights and elevation increments. In the case of the 1903, the rear sight peep...
  7. M

Oh trust me, John Garand did reinvent everything. This is evident in the evolution of his design for the M1 rifle. It first started off looking like a 1903 Springfield. Nobody would even listen to him or take up his suggestions in the 20s. He was so dedicated to his project that he even...
  8. M

Once again, the M1 has far more advantages up its sleeves than both the 03 Springfield, any Enfield or Mauser 98k. Why? Non adjustable sights. Windage had to be held off on axis, Russian and Japanese rifles, the rear sight slide was often wobbly and of 19th century design. The M1 reigned...
  9. M

Where the hell are you getting 2,900 Joules? A basic M2 ball (WW2 load) of 150grs going 2,900 fps is pushing into nearly 4,000 joules. Its bordering on the line with light magnums. The old 6.5mm Jap had a mere 2,600 joules with a 139gr bullet. This whole debate began with trying to compare US...
  10. M

That may be the case for foreign war time made semi auto rifles. But is nowhere the case with the M1 rifle. M1's gas port was towards the end of the barrel, meaning velocities would remain more or less consistent. Ive managed 2 MOA groups out ot 300yds with my 1950s M1. Moving parts behind the...
  11. M

7.7 vs 30-06 The difference is 3,000 to 4,000 joules here and about 400fps. For gaming purposes, the different wont be noticeable, but in real life nothing can even scratch 30-06. The 30-06 Sprg rd is like a light 300 magnum, capable of 3200fps, nearly 3x the speed of sound.
  12. M

The enbloc clip no longer holds the rds after two had been fired off. When you press the eject button, the clip and remaining rounds all jump out. From there the clip has to be reloaded with a full 8rds to go back in. There were 5rd and 2rd clips but those never saw issue to troops, only...
  13. M

Vehicles

just give me a Sherman and a Ma Deuce
  14. M

I shall... The M1 is a far superior weapon accuracy wise. It's still trusted in match competition in the nationals at Camp Perry. There is no argument of the most accurate weapon in the Pacific theater being the M1 and M1903 rifles. <a...
  15. M

Battle ideas

1. There were numerous, still popular...you can see Shermans in Berlin's streets chasing down Panthers 2. Sarcasm I'll stick around but my opinion on weapon/nation/class variety stays the same. We should keep it realistic. Close combat animations with swords or bayonets should be leveled up...
  16. M

camouflage

We should try a sort of ghillie suit for both Marines and Japs It'll add to the frustrating effect of taking sniper fire in a jungle environment.
  17. M

Dynamic SP "Campaign"

invasion of china? russian offensive? burma? wtf? My first impression was that this mod would be MOHPA on steroids but now we're steering way way off of original direction for the sake of keeping people interested by widening the choice of campaigns. Do you happen to remember how crappy...
  18. M

Battle ideas

If it's a problem of getting detailed pictures of the 1903. I can help. I have one... This rifle is an integral part of Marine infantry history and its inclusion is key. A WW2 game with WW1 American weaponry is pretty much unheard of. If you're suggesting to have Russians with PPSHs storming...
  19. M

Battle ideas

all these little off shoot campaigns are distracting japs vs russians chinese vs japs brits vs japs japs vs aussies... that will end up meaning only 4-5 weapons per nation and simplified specialty classes like it pretty much happened in DH