• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. O

Rumor Mill

After watching that WWI in colour doco, I'm liking the idea of WWI game set in the east or in the Tyrol more and more. Those 2 theatres were very fluid, nothing like the static trench warfare in the west. Hell, I might even enjoy that more than Korea or a realistic sci-fi!
  2. O

Weapon Jamming (Merged Yet Again)

I'd imagine Bolties would be a little different from magazine weapons. Imagine, you fumble on a bolt, instead of jamming the gun, the bullets jump the charger and fly everywhere except into the gun! Now you have pull out another charger......
  3. O

Tripwire: Any news on Australian distribution?

And then there are people like me, who have (supposedly) 56k dialup. I contribute to these forums every now and then but the plain fact is that I don't own RO retail yet, simply because I would be tying up the phone line for approximately a week just to download the game. That's assuming...
  4. O

Rumor Mill

I would so fangasm if Tripwire worked their magic on a 40K shooter. The last effort, Firewarrior, was a disappointment to say the least. The only problem with doing 40K is that there are so many and such disparate forces, ranging from the flashlight and T-shirt Guardsmen to Chaos Terminators...
  5. O

The people's tank

*COUGH*I suggest you do your homework first*COUGH* Edit: For the record, No.211 Squadrons website, a squadron that flew Beaufighters but were converting to mozzies just as the war ended, informs us that 2600 FB mk. VI's were produced, the daytime fighter bomber varient. According to Wiki...
  6. O

Rumor Mill

I agree with him. If they go down the path of a hard sci-fi, there are certain elements of various scientific and physical laws that are immutable. Besides, with some good writing, they can make the various technologies make sense, and that is the important part about being immersed in a...
  7. O

The people's tank

Not to be rude, but I think you are being a bit selective with you details there. Correct, the Panzer 38 did participate in the invasion of France. But you did leave out the fact that (according to Actung Panzer!) was in the invasion of Poland, The Norweigen campaign and took part in Operation...
  8. O

The people's tank

Personally, I would like to see the Panzer 38(t), a neat little Czech tank used in significant numbers by the Germans early on in the war, and later served as the basis for several types of Marder tank hunters and the venerable Jagdpanzer Hetzer
  9. O

Ideas that shouldn't be implemented in game

Oh man, and here I was thinking that some day I'd see the Mysterious art of Ecky-Thump gracing the battles of Red Orchestra.......
  10. O

Which nation are you? A quiz

Somehow I ended up as a Pole. And I took the test twice. Your army is Poland\'s army. Your tenacity will form a concept in the history of your nation and you\'re also ready to continue fighting even if your country is occupied by the enemy. Other nations that are included in this category are...
  11. O

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

Extra vote to bring it back. For starters, the numbers thrown around in this thread suggest that there was enough used to warrant a representation, and secondly, there is something so delightfully old school about the c96. I'd choose a c96 over other simply because it looks cool.
  12. O

Bayonette attacks should effect the ability to retaliate

Now there's an idea. In addition to your rifle/nade/pistol selection, you have your preferred implement of close up and personal bloodletting device (sounds better than Close Combat weapon.....), and have a selection of shovels, knives, clubs, axes (note mounted guy in centre).....adn whatever...
  13. O

What Country Would You Like to See Next?

I'm no expert on the Finns, so I'm not going to comment on them. The Hungarians, however, are a completely different kettle of fish. Yes, late in the war much of their equipment and uniforms were supplied by Germany, but still, in order to implement Hungary properly, there will be at least 5...
  14. O

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

Ehhh.....As much as I like the uniforms and such of the muzzle loading era, I don't think the infantry tactics used would really work well in an FPS......probably too much discaple for public players, having to march in formation and stuff. Still, if RO is going to be any judge on any future...
  15. O

Weapons of WWII/Mp34

The first picture isn't really one fo the MP18 varients. That one, under German nomenclature is the MP34(
  16. O

Unknowed countries in WWII

Hungary is my pet nation in the war. My Grandfather also served in the Honv
  17. O

Favourite WW2 Documentrys?

I know the series you are talking about. They take a couple of battles and compare them, in what ways they were similar, how one ****ed up in one aspect and the other didn't. I've seen 2 of them, one where they compare the Soviet counterattack at Moscow and the Yom Kippur war, and the other...
  18. O

Romania's declaration of war against U.S.S.R.

Just a couple of clarifications. The Tur
  19. O

Weapons

I would like to see the M3 Stuart. Why? So when my beloved Hungarians appear on the scene, they can capture a couple off the Russians and use them against them!
  20. O

Romania's declaration of war against U.S.S.R.

Hungary didn't really have anything to offer, one of ther reasons they were trying to stay out of the war. The army was behind technologically, it was in the middle of a behind schedule modernisation programme, and it had been designed for more local conflict (actually tensions were getting...