• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Homuth

RO2 The two fundamental flaws with tank vs tank combat

Pretty much the reasons why I don't like playing with tanks in RO2.
  2. Homuth

Small Meaningful Request

+1 Good suggestion.
  3. Homuth

Tactics Battle of the Bolt Action

Close call between Mosin and K98. but voted Mosin because of its sights, just more accurate for me.
  4. Homuth

What are You Reading?

Starting on D-Day by Anthony Beevor, don't know if it's any good, picked it up at a local flea market for charity.
  5. Homuth

Heads shooting bullets.

Extensive work on RO2 prevented this, and I rarely, if never, see this happen in RO2. Rushed RS is full of this kind of glitches.
  6. Homuth

Squad 40-1 Classic Server Steam Group

Some great games were played tonight! Throwing RO2 maps into the mix is a good idea, endless RS maps can be somewhat tiresome for some :)
  7. Homuth

"Jap" racist?

Should come down to server admin /thread
  8. Homuth

Play Classic Mode

Last time I watched a documentary about WWII it wasn't a marathon or a sprint contest, neither was it about run'n gunning or any form of hipshoot gangster style combat. Lower speed forces thinking and planning, it deviates from other games like CoD. Also creates more suppresive-fire, it is more...
  9. Homuth

Why this game fails to meet up to its potential

The lack of teamplay in public servers drove me to join a realism unit in DH, and found exactly what I was looking for. But it's not everyone's cup of tea :)
  10. Homuth

Rising Storm is awesome! What is next?

I believe there have been discussions about this, also regarding Japan ( inB4 JAPAN AND CHINA ARE NOTHING ALIKE, i know). But both their markets are pretty locked down and would require much investment to draw enough attention, which is not lucrative for a (paid) mod team. Besides, Market...
  11. Homuth

RS ROGame.exe stopped working

Halp I did as you suggested r5cya yesterday, and that seemed to do the trick, a lot of files were corrupted. That evening I played some RS and RO2 maps just fine. But just now I am back were it all began, RO2 crashes on the banner splash screen. :(
  12. Homuth

Rising Storm is awesome! What is next?

Market Garden, yes please.
  13. Homuth

RS IwoJima Allies Biased?

Axis can win if they hold C by placing MG in rear bunkers and dugouts, whilst the mortar team fires to the right flank. The Japanese riflemen need to get into the gun emplacements and hold off american riflemen coming over the ruins in front of them, and watch their left flank at the same time...
  14. Homuth

RS ROGame.exe stopped working

Also had this, removed the main files and the ones in my documents belonging to RO2/RS, reinstalled the game. Now my game won't load maps because when I get send back to main menu it says all my maps are incompatible, how can that be, they just came fresh from steam?
  15. Homuth

RS Don't Punish New Players by forcing them to play in Action Servers

A more safe way of putting it is that a good bunch of the old guard left. Only a very small percentage of steam friends on my list, which consists of mainly RO1/DH players (almost all owning RO2) are not playing RO2 or RS at all. But the thing is that they hold a grudge against TWI no matter...
  16. Homuth

RS Japanese Tracers and Muzzle Flash

I play combat flight simulators, and there I can configure my MG belts bullet for bullet, pretty neat. This would suit everyone as they can choose how much tracer they want, or none at all. But its likely nobody wants tracer after playing a bit with them for reasons mentioned above, distances...
  17. Homuth

RS Scandalous amount of Japanese SMGs

Agree with post above. RS team should work on more asymmetrical balance regarding the Type-100 problem.
  18. Homuth

RS Classic testing

I feel like classic is doomed to a dark corner where it remains hidden from the public, because TWI is ashamed of their failure to make RO2 appealing to old ROOST players. I read Ramm's post about the level system and unlocking game modes, which makes sense, but then why no official servers...
  19. Homuth

RO2 Returning to RO2 from RS

Spoken like a true blasphemer and a denier of RO2's superior being :IS2: :p
  20. Homuth

RS We bought RS but is it free?

Yeah leveling up does help a lot, in the Beta I leveled the Type99 rifle up to lvl50, and it became a much better gun. 50 kills on defensive maps was possible with some effort.