• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Placebo Cyanide

killed 40 tanks in one round

1 shot kills, just like RO1. GJ on the killstreak man.
  2. Placebo Cyanide

Where's the updated game manual?

Thanks for the update, and as always- thanks for the lulz everyone else. The butthurt is strong with some of you - M.N. in particular haha
  3. Placebo Cyanide

Classic mode

A plentiful source of irony these forums are.
  4. Placebo Cyanide

About RO1 Classic

I can only guess on that one, and I'm guessing that he's saying the weapons: 1) Don't have enough bullet drop 2) Feel too hitscan (hitscan weapon is one that, when fired, instantly teleports to whatever the weapon is pointing at.) I Haven't played with the anti-lag mutator yet but on release...
  5. Placebo Cyanide

About RO1 Classic

Instagib stands for "Instant Giblets", referring to one-hit kills in FPS games where the victim is instantly turned into 'giblets', or explodes. It is also sometimes a high skill based game mode where everyone gets the weapon which can instagib. random youtube instagib video Unreal Tournament...
  6. Placebo Cyanide

About RO1 Classic

Trust me man, I do feel your pain. Our group was looking forward to RO2 for a long time as well, planning on playing it competitively. After we got into the beta and played it, we kept trying to fool ourselves into thinking it would be better on release day... but I think we all knew better. I...
  7. Placebo Cyanide

The game is dead - Long live RO:HoS

I think that is the point he was making though, RO1 was all of those things... RO2 is not. It is much more "mainstreamed" or "accessible". The idea behind that was to reach a much larger audience but those stats indicate... to me anyways, that they failed on that note.
  8. Placebo Cyanide

About RO1 Classic

Hahah the irony. Back to RO Classic though - Tripwire has been making an effort to keep us updated with the what we're up to forum threads and posts. Keep playing RO2 and be patient for it to come out. If you just can't get into RO2 without the classic mode changes then play a different game...
  9. Placebo Cyanide

rose colored glasses

Lol, so it is. A solution to a problem that doesn't exist
  10. Placebo Cyanide

rose colored glasses

The reputation function serves its purpose just fine. Whenever the poster is reputable/respectful and the post is not belligerent/trolling/flamebait then there's usually no abuse. exhibit A: this thread. No doubt on TWB's NA server, man, good memories flooding back :D
  11. Placebo Cyanide

rose colored glasses

We'll just have to agree to disagree :D I find that the combat and gameplay and skill->reward design of Ostfront is more solid than HoS, BF3, and the newest CoD. IMHO, it's a dumbed down (feels like a console port) version of RO1 with poor netcode and crippling bugs. here's to hoping classic...
  12. Placebo Cyanide

Nothing wrong with a graphical updated RO1!!

This. ROOst was a game you could sink your teeth into like a juicy steak. The dynamics of the maps, combat, and the teamplay had depth. The skill level of the game was wide ranging from the noob friendly spray and pray to the prostar bolt action hipsters. All of that is what made me fall in love...
  13. Placebo Cyanide

RO 2 & What It Means to Me

There's nothing borderline about it: Mike Nomad and racist friends - YouTube
  14. Placebo Cyanide

RO 2 & What It Means to Me

Funny to hear you say that. I seem to remember getting perma-banned from your server after a lot of yelling and crying, and accusations of cheating -- just because you died in a tank a few times without getting a kill. I'd say the person who bans anyone better than themselves has a pretty...
  15. Placebo Cyanide

What makes you stop playing RO?

I agree with everything in that post Zet. After seeing the way RO2 is now, I would settle for Red Orchestra 1 with better graphics (and the bugs fixed). On top of all that was previously said -- RO2 really does not seem to possess any end-game challenge in the same way RO1 did. whether that...
  16. Placebo Cyanide

Disappointed in...

^This. The kicks and bans against non-cheaters is going to kill the game. The game can be fixed and tweaked and patched, but changing incorrect preconceptions is a bit harder. You're not the only one to have problems from that server...
  17. Placebo Cyanide

Session Bans for being good...

I can confirm that admins can and have given session bans in RO1 and RO2 for High Score (see previous posts). If they say "you're outa here" before you get banned, then you can tell who did it lol :D
  18. Placebo Cyanide

A friend of mine had an interesting encounter the other day. Joined into some random server, first kill was a stab -- KICKED. Guess some admins out there don't like eating bayonnaise lmao:IS2:
  19. Placebo Cyanide

Choosing your unlocks poll

With the hawkeye vision that everyone has the scopes just get in my way. Having the option would be great and could definitely enhance matches and scrims since it would allow everyone to be on an even playing field. As it is now, the only way that even playing field can be achieved is for...
  20. Placebo Cyanide

Didn't you get the memo? You're not allowed to aim for the ammo storage hitbox :p