• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Game Design Research

Hi all, I'm a game design researcher based at the University of Lincoln in the UK. I'm looking to chat with any of you who have experience authoring mods and/or levels for any of the Tripwire games. I'm investigating what tools are used during the design process of FPSs, and how designers...
  2. T

Game Design Research

Hi all, I'm a game design researcher based at the University of Lincoln in the UK. I'm looking to chat with any of you who have experience authoring mods and/or levels for any of the Tripwire games. I'm investigating what tools are used during the design process of FPSs, and how designers...
  3. T

Game Design Research

4. T

RO SDK Not available

60 views and no one can shed any light on this?! I presume no one is able to run Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41 - 45 SDK from Steam? Have Tripwire disabled the map editor now RO2 is released? Steam doesn't install all the source directories into the RO folder either. Thanks...
  5. T

RO SDK Not available

Have been trying to fire up the RO:OST SDK today and for some reason I get the Steam error: "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again later" Now I will happily wait and try again later, but as I haven't used the SDK for a few months I wanted to check - it hasn't been taken off Steam...
  6. T

Code BallisticCoefficient

The ballistic coefficient is most often calculated and published by the ammunition manufacturer, when talking about modern commercially available ammunition. In the case of Red Orchestra, the manufacturer information isn't available, so it is computed using a formula. This wikipedia page tells...
  7. T

Code Compiling problem

I figured it out anyway, had to delete/rename ROEngine.u to force recompiling, although I still can't understand why it didn't recognise the changes like it did before. Is this standard procedure to delete the package you want to recompile? Cheers...
  8. T

Code Compiling problem

I have been working on some code modifications for a while in RO, I have been compiling using ucc make (usually directly through the binary in System folder) My mods are going straight into the source code, i'm not using a package/mod. Everything has been fine with this method, I have tried and...
  9. T

RO Damage System

I have trawled through all the posts about the ballistic system in RO which are of great interest, but I haven't been able to find anything about the damage system (against players). Is there any kind of terminal ballistics involved? I know (from playing experience) there is penetration and...