• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Redit

Weapons suggestions

The Paramarines which fought at Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and several other islands did use the M1A1, just sayin'
  2. Redit

Flamethrowers and swords

This also, from Eugene Sledge's book 'With The Old Breed' "Several men had been wounded by the firing when two enemy officers crept up the steep slope, threw grenades into the gun emplacement, and jumped in swinging their samurai sabres. One marine had parried a sabre blow with his carbine. His...
  3. Redit

Mobile Heavy Machinegun and small mortar teams

Relative to the 1919, the Type 92s rate of fire was not all that slow, and as I've said before a slower rate of fire is not necessarily negative. The weapon does not overheat, it can place more accurate and controlled bursts, it does not go through ammo as quickly and it can be quickly reloaded...
  4. Redit

Ammo carriers were not unarmed, especially not company level weapon loaders.
  5. Redit

Neither the American or Japanese LMG/HMGs used interchangeable barrels, as they did not have such high rates of fire, and trigger discipline was very important in both the Marines and IJA (as well as US Army etc).
  6. Redit

Guadal Canal Mission/Map?

I guess reading the part where I am saying that in terms of how the game works a lot would need to be changed in order to make the realistic defensive value of a machine gun position actually worth something must have slipped your gaze, so I've reiterated it for you. No problem.
  7. Redit

Iirc the gunner held the tripod and the loader the machine-gun in the Marines. This was so that the gunner could run up to the location he wanted to set up and drop the tripod while the loader mounted the gun on it immediately afterwards. Both carried ammunition also. This would also intuitively...
  8. Redit

I understand your first point but for your second point, wouldn't implementing a new, more team based game play element that does reward realistic use of mobile assets, create a unique experience that isn't RO2 with new skins and different fire rates. It would make the game deeper, more...
  9. Redit

It's a good idea that has been discussed before, but I doubt it will be implemented due to programming and balance constraints, being that the team already have trouble balancing the two sides and the main machine guns in use by each side are hardly balanced.
  10. Redit

Take on the game.

Solitario, He is not saying that defenders won't be affected by it, both sides will be affected by it, but due to the nature of defending, the attackers having to run to the objective will naturally have more sway while the defenders will have less, making natural balance.
  11. Redit

Im going to be honest the trailer was bad.

Okinawa had a large civilian population in some urbanised areas, don't forget that the Pacific theatre extends beyond island hopping. One of the screenshots in the media section is entitled Nhpum Ga, which pretty much confirms one of the maps as a Burma setting. I also hope to see Singapore and...
  12. Redit

Price?

Tbh, nobody could really care less if an individual will or won't be getting RS, so stop posting.
  13. Redit

Im going to be honest the trailer was bad.

There was certainly a major discrepancy between the animated map and the combat scenes in terms of quality, but for a first effort it could be worse. I agree that you need a media director if you want to make the kinds of trailers and advertising that will draw people in, if you need any help...
  14. Redit

Vehicles

They had canvas tops for rain.
  15. Redit

The rifles and balancing?

The system works fine if it's used properly, firing 8 rounds then ejecting.
  16. Redit

found something on gameartisans.org

Could be a 20 round to a 30 round to a 50 round. Those grips were only for M1928 Thompsons as used by the British Army, not by US Army M1A1 Thompsons which were simplified and stripped down for mass production.
  17. Redit

Recon Planes

It's got to be the Pete and the Catalina, come on guys. :rolleyes:
  18. Redit

Vehicles

As far as I am aware, the only tanks used by the Allies in the Pacific were the M3 Stuart, M4 Sherman, M3 Grant/Lee, M7 Priest and modified LVTs. I don't recall the US using APCs or half-tracks, only Amtraks and then only really for landings. Would be interesting to see the M3 Lee in the Burma...
  19. Redit

Where the players gone ?

Seeing as you need a legal copy of BF2 to play it, it's not possible for a mod of BF2 to have more players than BF2 itself, as obviously most players move on to other games and not all players will get mods.
  20. Redit

How are riflemen going to be balanced?

Bear in mind that some maps have US Army rather than Marines, which were fully equipped with semi automatics.