• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. WhiteTigerShiro

i've been looking into this game but...

Let's just put it this way: I loaded-up Dwarf Fortress just to see how much of a "rip-off" Dwarfs!? was, since all the DF fans were making such a big stink of it. I have NO idea what the hell that game is even about. So no, they aren't even remotely similar.
  2. WhiteTigerShiro

Goomba Stomp Patched? WHY?

Are you honestly perplexed by why they removed this? Oh, "not many people know how to do it because it's hard to do". It's still not how Pat was meant to be fought; it was an exploit. And having never known about or attempted, I really only have your word on the challenge it takes to pull...
  3. WhiteTigerShiro

Question about Dwarfs!? Axe

Well that's asinine. So where is the f2p version? o.O Edit: Never mind, I found it. Still, they should have made the (Killing Floor) achievement check both games. I get that it's linked to the f2p version so that they don't get people calling foul on requiring another paid game to unlock an...
  4. WhiteTigerShiro

Melee Weapons Breaking

Yes, it's a good soloing perk (purely by virtue of no reloads). In a group, the Berserker is the most useless person there. Everything he does, other classes do better... without needing to charge in first. Heck, anytime I play Berserker I feel obligated to run-off and solo because otherwise...
  5. WhiteTigerShiro

Do you guys use level 6's?

I try to avoid using my Level 6 abilities when I can, if only for the sake of trying to get Mr Perky. Ultimately though, I'm here to have fun, so if I feel like unloading some shotgun shells into a few zeds, I have no reservations about breaking-out my Level 6 Support for a map or two. Edit...
  6. WhiteTigerShiro

Melee Weapons Breaking

The most I could see is maybe a system where the blades will dull, and you can buy a whet stone to sharpen them. Still, all this does is add needless maintenance to a class that is already underpowered as it is. That a Berserker doesn't need to pause to reload is one of the few redeeming...
  7. WhiteTigerShiro

Auto-Reload feature when firing an empty gun.

You guys have it all wrong. The problem isn't auto-reload. The problem is that you can't switch weapons while reloading.
  8. WhiteTigerShiro

Querying Master Server... can't find ANY servers online! Please help...

The main problem with this is that it doesn't let you filter by difficulty. Sure some servers list it in their title, but not all do.
  9. WhiteTigerShiro

Killing floor in the Future :D

Well, you know what they say when you assume. So I'm gonna guess... in the 17- to 20-year-old range. That or you're way too bitter about people asking for money when it's why they're in the business in the first place. Either way you're being ignorantly cynical about F2P games. Maybe you...
  10. WhiteTigerShiro

Tactics Instant seal?

There's really only 2 ways to effectively Instant Seal: 1) Watch the Dwarf as he's opening the cave with a dynamite ready to drop. This can be risky if you get to twitchy, I once accidentally bombed a dwarf after he opened a treasure cave, for example. However, without slowing time, it's the...
  11. WhiteTigerShiro

micro vs letting them be

A good mix of both is best. As the game itself suggests, sometimes it's best to just let them be, and they'll get to the thing you want them to mine anyway.
  12. WhiteTigerShiro

Tactics Paneling

Yeah, I already do that kinda thing. I zoom out to move around, and zoom-in when I want to do something that takes more precise clicking. Good to have a name for it though.
  13. WhiteTigerShiro

possibility of steamless release?

It's possible they might release a retail version, but it'll basically just be an install disc with a key code you enter on Steam to register it with your account. I highly doubt that they will release a completely Steam-free version though; Tripwire's games have always been Steam only, and I...
  14. WhiteTigerShiro

Potato Alternate Reality Game

That's nothing, take a look at Chime's global achievements sometime (global cheevos seem to be down right now though). There's an achievement that you get on the title screen. Last time I checked, it was somewhere around 96.7%; that means that roughly 3% of players haven't even started the...
  15. WhiteTigerShiro

Question Regarding "Bad Santa" Achievement

The only thing that sets the "Christmas Achievements" apart from other achievements is that they require Christmas Specimens to unlock them. Otherwise there's nothing special about them on a programming level. That said, if he has his 10 achievements for killing Xmas Specimens, then he should...
  16. WhiteTigerShiro

No More Pub Groups!!!

Pubs are worth putting-up with for that once-in-a-while when you actually have a full server with 5 other people who actually know what they're doing. They camp in the right spots, they use good weapons for their perks, they take down the specimens they should be, and there's map cleared...
  17. WhiteTigerShiro

Xmas achievements question

Solo is pretty much the only way to get a couple of them without luck (especially Knifing-down an FP).
  18. WhiteTigerShiro

Likes/dislikes on twisted christmas?

I have to agree, hitboxes seem identical, right down to that occasional Clot who just adamantly refuses to let you head-shot him. Freaking hate dying because shoddy hitboxes let a bunch of clots surround me....
  19. WhiteTigerShiro

Patriarch killed us while spectating him >.<

That's kind of how the Pat is meant to spawn, with the same system as regular specimens. Fun Fact, though: you can sometimes see regular specimens spawn, too.
  20. WhiteTigerShiro

this forum needs and off-topic part

No no, what this forum really needs is a Starbucks, gotta get my 2am caffeine fix somewhere.