• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Ideas for New NVA / NLF weapons

I think the grenade launcher "cup" (or rather "tube") allows to be shot through with live ammunition, so it can be always on the rifle. But yes, you'd have to reload the weapon with a blank-type round and put the grenade on the device at the end of the muzzle. Maybe inconvenient, but I think it...
  2. M

My idea is that the PK wouldn't had made it to the Vietnam War, especially not in any meaningful numbers, because there were other weapons filling the role of GPMG. Two main ones being the Soviet RP-46 and Chinese Type 67. Type 67 could be represented "realistically" in the current state of the...
  3. M

Vz. 58 is very historically accurate. Perun58 made a very informative post in an another topic a while back, which tells that a bit under 100k guns ended to the Vietnam before the war ended: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...82#post2288682 That post also answers to the questions of how...
  4. M

Request: Pls remove ability to go bare chested for US

I'd want green camo for the NVA, just so that the people who can't recognize a US troop from an NVA had more things to cry about. I also think, that the green camo uniform was more widely used than the khaki uniforms, especially later in the War, what most of the maps represent.
  5. M

Female NLF/VC Characters

Well, luckily we already have the attack helicopters.
  6. M

more weapons

What info I've gathered, the VC started to get better weapons around 1963 and it was a bit better equipped when the US began the joint warfare in South Vietnam in early 1965. If/when we have the ARVN and pre-1965 maps for them, the Viet Cong should have ex-Wehrmacht and French weapons, with many...
  7. M

more weapons

It would be nice to see an "early Viet Cong" faction with same kind of weapon setup as the ARVN. What I've read about the battle reports, Viet Cong didn't really have assault rifles and another post-WW2 weaponry in their hands early on. The NVA was better equipped at that time, while the VC had...
  8. M

Music Video Thread

The maker of the "My Summer Car" game Johannes Rojola seems to be quite a person. In addition he has made music, music videos and short films. This song can be found from the "My Summer Car", video is just amazing:
  9. M

ROK South Korean Forces in Vietnam instead of ANZACS

Aussies should also have a bit different tactics than the US, ARVN and ROKA. For example, I've read that they used smaller caliber artillery than the US. That's because the US tactic was that when the troops had a contact to the enemy, they fell back and let the arty do the work. The Aussies...
  10. M

ROK South Korean Forces in Vietnam instead of ANZACS

I'm all in for the South Korean faction for Vietnam, but would they bring any difference in gameplay mechanics, or would ROKA be only a cosmetic change? Adding ANZAC and ARVN could bring different kind of gameplay with different weapons and tactics, which would be a nice breath of fresh air.
  11. M

Are Flamethrowers Overpowered in Game?

I'd like to see source on that. I haven't seen any numbers about how many flamethrowers were there, but what I've read about the combat experiences of US soldiers in Vietnam, flamethrowers were very common sight when G.I.s had to deal with Viet Cong/NVA entrenched positions and villages settled...
  12. M

Music Video Thread

Turmion Kätilöt has a new visually quite intriguing music video:
  13. M

Your Favourite WW2 Movies

One of my favorite WW2 movies and TV-series is the "Talvisota", literally translated the "Winter War". As the name suggests, the movie and it's extended TV-series adaptation is about the Soviet-Finnish Winter War. It tells the story of men in a Finnish Infantry Regiment 23 (JR23) 4th Company 1st...
  14. M

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

I think that's a Suomi M/31. I don't see the cocking handle on the side of the receiver (as in PPD), but I think I can see it on the back end (as in Suomi).
  15. M

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Nice. Are there already maps for Soviet naval infantry? And would those guys get Thompson M1928A1 SMGs?
  16. M

Music Video Thread

Don't know if I should feel bad for laughing at this new music video from Turmion K
  17. M

What are You Reading?

Haven't read "Sotaromaani", but what I've heard, not so much difference. The removed parts were mainly swearing, but some of those parts criticized religion, society and politics. Especially parts criticizing Finnish military leaders, Soviet Union, Russians and the whole war were a big no-no in...
  18. M

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

Pictures of the Soviet T-27 tankettes captured by Finns during the Continuation War, with translated captions. I hope the pictures aren't too big to bother: SA picture 24392: [CENTER][I]Russian tanks. V
  19. M

FinnWars - IndieGogo

Germany as one of the playable nation is one of the extra goals, so if the team manages to get money and has time then it's possible. Operation Silver Fox is also one possible thing to represent if Germans are been made.