• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Vaecrius

Nonblocking players during trader time as part of the default game

I've been meaning to suggest this for a while now, but can we please have an official update where players always become passthroughable during trader time without any further mutator? I think making this the default, mandatory or at least "opt out" method can save a lot of people a lot of grief.
  2. Vaecrius

Anti-Achievements

Gormless Tosser: Die 5 times where you drop the syringe while you have a Tier 3 weapon. You prat!: Keep your voice chat activated for more than 20% of the duration of any single wave. A bloody frog would be more use than you: Get killed mid-jump while grabbed by a clot. Don't Be A Menace: Hit...
  3. Vaecrius

Tactics How to not get hit?

All this time I've played with the assumption that attacks work like they (more or less) work in Doom - once a zed's attack animation has reached the point where it makes its attack, it shoots out a hitscan that with rare random exceptions has no chance of missing and at that instant you're...
  4. Vaecrius

Play door breaking sounds from the location of the actual breaking door

Right now whenever a door breaks everyone hears it at full volume no matter where you are. I've found this very unhelpful - if it's within earshot it's impossible to tell which door it is without wasting time doing a 360 (unless you already knew it was going to break very soon), while if it's...
  5. Vaecrius

Forum suggestion: List of things people should stop suggesting

As suggested here. Somehow it was decided that I be responsible for initiating this, because I happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I claim no exclusive ownership of what I post below and if this gets stickied I'll consent to any mod edit made in good faith (e.g., no replacing...
  6. Vaecrius

Rename "Beginner" to "Experimental Mode"

We've got too many people complaining the game's too hard, but everyone's too proud to relegate themselves to "beginner" because it feels like an admission of inadequacy. I think a simple renaming can help a lot of people swallow their pride, or at least afford a bit of deniability. But it's...
  7. Vaecrius

Constant weapon slot priority (preferably configurable)

It would be nice if, instead of the current system based on pickup order, we could set it so that for a given slot, X weapon always comes up first, Y second, etc. Also being able to double-tap a number to get the second priority weapon instead of waiting for the first to come up would be nice...
  8. Vaecrius

Forums broken?

I don't know what happened to the last time I posted this, but does anyone else keep randomly getting blank pages or redirects to the forums.tripwireinteractive.com/ front page when they click on a link or try to submit a post?
  9. Vaecrius

Forums broken?

Does anyone else keep randomly getting blank pages or redirects to the main page, or some "you need javascript" error when you like or dislike a post? Is it just due to the increased traffic after the update?
  10. Vaecrius

Breaking down doors

Nutterbutter's suggestion on Sammers' pipebomb thread got me thinking. Is it just me or is does anyone else find it odd that axes (EDIT: dude fire axes), pipes and shotguns aren't very good at breaking down doors? I can't help but think they should be, just as a matter of verisimiltude. But I...
  11. Vaecrius

Option for a minimalist HUD

The current KF HUD is very nice for new players - all the stuff is pretty self-explanatory and clearly visible (at least while you're looking at it). But it is HUGE! and - especially when combined with the (also helpful but HUGE!) info above your teammates' heads, really mood-breaking. I've...
  12. Vaecrius

Don't chamber the LAR until the fire button is released

I recently turned down my mouse sensitivity and I'm finding the hate part of my love-hate relationship with the LAR considerably lessened. But there's still one thing that kinda bothers me about it - other guns like the pistol and the commando weapons on semi, it's almost literally the blink of...
  13. Vaecrius

How would YOU kill the players?

All this talk about controlling the zeds has got me thinking: what sort of stuff would you do on a given map, if you could control the spawning and movement of the zeds? The total proportion of the different zed types has to be the same as it is in the real game on any given wave (so no "every...
  14. Vaecrius

Standing dead player "corpses"

Every so often when a player dies they leave a standing player model behind, either motionless or stuck in a walking animation loop. When I try to walk through it, it seems to block my movement for a split second before I pass through without any further incident, but otherwise I've noticed no...
  15. Vaecrius

In-game downloaded map manager

It's something I wished had been in UT-engine games for a long time... something to let the user permanently save or delete custom maps that have been downloaded during play without having to exit the game (and all the wonderful waiting fun that follows that).
  16. Vaecrius

Low-gore effects where blood is replaced by sparks and smoke

The current low-gore mode looks a bit incomplete and often gets complained about. I don't mind it, but it would be nice to have the dead zeds provide some kind of feedback for the player when they get destroyed instead of just ragdolling for a brief moment before disappearing.
  17. Vaecrius

Gore - bodies that burst open

So for the longest time I've been playing with all the gore settings set to minimal thinking I'd get a framerate boost. Now that I've got things set roughly the way they were meant to be seen, I can't help but notice that when something is gibbed (EDIT: but not completely shattered into a...
  18. Vaecrius

Imagining what a manually drawn bow would be like in KF

Just thinking of how a bow might be implemented as far as interface goes. I'm not too interested in seeing things escalate to crazy Rambo-Legolas-slash multi-grenade-arrow nonsense so much as being able to see such a relatively complex-to-use weapon get as good and detailed a treatment as guns...
  19. Vaecrius

Dynamic server difficulty + option to play at lower perk

How about an option to have the server, at each wave, set the difficulty depending on either the mean or the lowest level of each player present? Or an option at the perk selection screen to set your perk to be lower than it actually is, so you're not totally overpowered when playing with...
  20. Vaecrius

Performance always goes down when I need it

Under most circumstances KF runs very smoothly.* However, I notice that my framerate drops precipitously whenever the following happen: - I am hit and that fancy overlay effect happens. (This also happens when that "Your team survived/was wiped out" display appears at the end of the game.) -...