• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Vaecrius

Replace/Upgrade the Knife

.......at least you didn't tell me to turn off "reduce mouse lag". God almighty you're a waste of space.
  2. Vaecrius

Medic getting somewhat stale

I think one of the reasons why the medic is so often the last person standing is not only the armour and the speed, but because they get no weapon bonuses and thus a good medic player never lets themselves get mentally "boxed in" to one particular niche. Me, though, I tend to get boxed into...
  3. Vaecrius

An other pseudo, alternative to special characters

I was gonna say this until the dude with the Chinese name. Still can't pronounce it but it's more excusable than the GeoCities kiddie illumination. Meanwhile from what I hear on voicechat people already seem to struggle enough with a simple, common, mundane name like Vaecrius...
  4. Vaecrius

Suggested Class: Support Gunner

.......does anyone else find it oddly fitting that a thread about machine guns has so many huge, verbose posts? :troll:
  5. Vaecrius

take out the machete ..

Rapier. Better reach than any other melee weapon, crappy bodyshot damage, huge headshot multiplier. Princess Bride quote when drawn. Primary fire: simple no-nonsense jab. Secondary fire. (the player's original position being roughly where the D is. sauce) Is it just me or do other people...
  6. Vaecrius

Guy Fawkes Zeds

oh god so much win in this thread
  7. Vaecrius

The Hardest Map

Or they've only ever tried fighting the patriarch in the clearing by the cabin (which looks good but is actually just short of running a mod that lets your player character bend over and say "spank me Dr. Clamely I've been a bad, bad boy") My vote: FilthsCross. It's just so unpleasant and...
  8. Vaecrius

katana/axe/lar, I'm sorry...

pistol
  9. Vaecrius

The Screen Freeze D:

As an example of what could've been useful: Precaching loads game data into memory ahead of time. This prevents hiccups as things don't have to be loaded dynamically. Without it, you might notice some hiccups as things get loaded from time to time. However, KF eats a ****ton of RAM, and if too...
  10. Vaecrius

The Screen Freeze D:

You are a twit if you think that. Jesus Christ, I've done almost nothing but gripe about this one bug on this forum the past two weeks. If you really think I'm talking out of my *** just get the hell off this thread unless you've got something useful to contribute.
  11. Vaecrius

The Screen Freeze D:

Don't you think I'd have actually tried this and noticed the difference before posting? Yes I still get hitches, no they don't last 30 seconds and leave me dead on wave 2.
  12. Vaecrius

The Screen Freeze D:

Some options that seem to help: - setting every single thing that says anything about precaching to say that it won't precache (eg "bNeverPrecache" to True, "UsePrecaching" to False) - setting "DetectedVideoMemory" higher (or at least having it reflect actual video memory) - setting...
  13. Vaecrius

Periodical freez

I've had this problem as long as I've had this game. (HP Pavilion dv6something with GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M, 1GB RAM, 1.7GHZ, usually decent framerate of 25+ with the occasional memory leak that appears to be completely unrelated to this). Apparently some people have this problem in UT2k4 as...
  14. Vaecrius

To decrease loadtimes, turn off precaching and change game cache size

Can I ask that this thread be retitled to make it clearer that its content addresses both long load times and ingame temporary freezes? EDIT:
  15. Vaecrius

The Screen Freeze D:

Am I the only person who has this problem who has a lower-end computer, or just the only one who doesn't blame the problem on inferior hardware? (EDIT2: Incidentally it's very much not a mere performance issue - if I don't touch caching and just lower display settings, the freeze is still there...
  16. Vaecrius

re: small change to increase team-play

While I agree with your bottom line - this feature isn't necessary - I gotta differ about at least as a needed part of the game experience rather than merely a consequence of the rest of the game. Example: Players camped at a spot, otherwise very secure, but where you've got half the team on...
  17. Vaecrius

Suggested Class: Support Gunner

I think they spawn slowly enough that you'll still have to know when to stop so you don't run out of ammo. Sorta like those casual Flash games where there's only one control and it's a matter of when and how long you push it... (which can be fiendishly difficult depending on the game!)
  18. Vaecrius

With all respect, having a completely useless thing that gets in the way of gameplay, and then telling the players to work around it by memorizing a whole new control that has the sole function of getting around that useless thing, smacks of bad design.
  19. Vaecrius

I approve. (Is there actually a difference in running with the different melee weapons? I always thought they were the same speed.)
  20. Vaecrius

re: small change to increase team-play

...I read your post like you're viewing this as someone who doesn't play zerdic. Sure, the medic is "supposed" to use this ability to more easily find injured teammates, but when you're actually playing it just makes way more sense to use this information much more proactively than that and use...