• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Hourences

The Ball @ PCGamer Best of 2010

We are very happy with this :)
  2. Hourences

Hud mod

There is no way you can modify Textures.tfc as far as I am aware. If you find out a way, let me know :)
  3. Hourences

The Ball always crashes... but not right away?

Hi, there is a log file in My Documents\My Games\The Ball\UDkGame\Logs\Launch.log. Can you paste that here or email it to [email protected] ? I suspect it is the same issue a few other people are experiencing though, log cutting off during the texture config stage. We are looking into...
  4. Hourences

crash

What do you mean, does it work now? Majority is +99% of the people as far as we know, if we look at the number of people that reported this specific type of crash vs how many copies we've sold, and then multiply that amount a couple of times to account for all the people who have the issue but...
  5. Hourences

crash

Hi, sorry for the late response. Your error is similar to what a few other people have, and we are still trying to figure out why this happens to you guys, what makes your computers different from the majority. We have not found a connection yet so far, it happens on both XP and Windows 7, AMD...
  6. Hourences

Resume Error

Yeah I got it but I can't see a problem myself. Waiting for my programmer to return from his Christmas break...
  7. Hourences

Can't Start Game, Crashes upon Launch

Can you get me your log file. Paste it here or email it to me. My Documents\My Games\The Ball\UDKGame\Logs\Launch.log Someone once reported problems with AVG stuff, could try shutting it down?
  8. Hourences

Resume Error

Can you paste, or email me, the log file after it crashed. Found in My Documents\My Games\The ball\UDKGame\Logs, called Launch.log. [email protected] First time someone reports a problem with the resume button. I wonder whats wrong with it.
  9. Hourences

Teotl wins Best Developer of 2010

10. Hourences

Congrats to The Ball for getting Nominee at Most Innovative IoTY

Cool, can't win against Minecraft of course :)
  11. Hourences

Crashes to Desktop when starting campaign

Hm, can you tell me which ones you had and which one you got now? For the others, the offer is still open to email me, so I can hook you up with another build, to see how that runs.
  12. Hourences

The Guide for The Ball

Nice work!
  13. Hourences

System freeze at level start

No that won't work on XP. Alot of the UE3 games you mention are old UE3 games though, you could try to run a new UE3 build and see what happens. You can download the UDK at www.UDK.com, it is basically a UT3 demo.
  14. Hourences

Anyone else completed the game?

It is based on Unreal actually, same system there. Translator messages would pop up everywhere, telling entire stories of what happened. Yeah a nice screen somewhere that displays them all would indeed be nice, that wasn't implemented because of time constraints.
  15. Hourences

i seem to be a smidgen stuck.

It is always the beam of electricity that zaps things. The Ball itself never directly kills enemies in any of the levels, unless there is water in the area.
  16. Hourences

We want to try something, anyone wants to be the guinea pig? Please email me at [email protected]
  17. Hourences

System freeze at level start

I am going to suggest things in this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=663868&postcount=5
  18. Hourences

Computer locks up when I start playing

I am going to suggest things in this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=663868&postcount=5
  19. Hourences

Yes it seems a few people have a problem with this. The log files don't say anything, they just cut off, which indicates a very deep problem, or a problem outside the game (Windows/hardware). This is what I advised someone else, but I doubt it will work in this case: We estimated about 0.2 to...
  20. Hourences

CTD on game launch

Do you also have the demo of the game installed? Any problem with other Unreal Engine 3 games? The C++ source code file it looks for is just part of the error, it doesn't truly look for this. It is not why it crashes. It says it is crashing with error 80070057, and I believe that is D3D...