• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rak

Free game from Origin

There's a promo code that allows you to get a game from 19.99$ or less for free. There are lots of great titles at that amount so I thought you guys might be interested. The code is: OS3874XVC Details at...
  2. Rak

SDK Content Browser Problem

Hello everyone, Since I've decided to start mapping again (maybe an old friend will return?), I've been watching some UDK tutorials to refresh my memory and messing with the SDK. Though, I have a problem with the SDK. My content browser window is always empty. Restarts and reinstalls doesn't...
  3. Rak

Documentation and Manual?

Hello all, Is there a player manual for RO2? I'm trying to translate important things about RO2 for our community and I'm having problems getting proper documentation for some gameplay related things(gamemode explanations, how do stats work, unlocks, map explanations etc.). I'd really...
  4. Rak

Random crashes when shadows are set to lower settings

Hello TWI, I get random crashes after the new update. It seems the shadows setting is the problem, this what I've found out so far: On shadows low: Game crashes immediately or shortly(1-2mins) after joining a map. On shadows high: Game crashes after 5 minutes or so, definitely an improvement...
  5. Rak

Multiplayer Cutscenes

So I've been playing Killzone 3, and this game has an "Operations" mode where one team defends and another attacks to complete an objective(destroying,capturing, opening gates etc). What makes this game mode unique is that it has singleplayer-esque cutscenes at the start of the missions and...
  6. Rak

Steam Summer Sale Thread

Steam strikes again! THQ Pack @ 50% ($49.99) Valve Complete Package @ 33% ($66.99) Rockstar Collection @ 18% ($69.99) 33% off on all Ubisoft titles 66% off on all Atari titles 33% off on all Capcom titles Daily deals for June 24, 2010: Counter-Strike: Source @ 66% off ($6.80) Aion Standard...
  7. Rak

[Video] Russian Aircraft Documentary

I've just stumbled across these documentaries about Russian aircraft. Excellent footage and commentary. They sum up all the aircraft Russians have produced from fighters, bombers, attack aircraft, helicopters to civilian aircraft. There are a few episodes about WW2 as well. YouTube - Wings of...
  8. Rak

Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943

Looks like Paradox Interactive teamed up with Steel Fury developers to create the "Total War" of WW2. Press Release: Trailer: YouTube - Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Announcement trailer
  9. Rak

Team Ratios

Hello everyone, When I was busy with Kryukovo back in the days, I've always wanted to have some kind of "ratio" between teams. Meaning the game autobalances the teams so that you can have 2:1 Russian numerical advantage and else. Or the ability to adjust "slots" for the teams, say 12 to 20 for...
  10. Rak

DLC Ideas

I think it's pretty obvious there's going to be some form of DLC for RO:HoS. We know that Tripwire likes to support it's game with free major updates to keep their reputation up, and so far they preffered to do really optional "paid" DLC which have no effect on how the game is played. So...
  11. Rak

Steam Christmas Sale Thread

I think this deserves a thread :D Complete list of deals: http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=takFEFyWT5EfFYxerxuOA6w&toomany=true So which ones are the best deals, which games need to be nabbed immidiately? I've bought Empire: Total War and I'm wondering if World in Conflict is worth it...
  12. Rak

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Mind=blown YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Battlefield Moments - Episode 2 HD Anyone with a PS3 can try it right now through beta, and there will be a PC beta during December as well. I'm playing the PS3 version right now and it's absolutely incredible. There's no lag at all(dedicated...
  13. Rak

Silent Hunter 5

It's coming folks! We're returning to Atlantic theatre and now we'll be able to walk freely inside the submarine and interact with the crew. YouTube - Silent Hunter 5 Trailer 1 - GamesCom 2009 - Announcement Trailer I hope they will do better voice acting though, it's a bit "Hollywood"ish :)
  14. Rak

PS3 Game Recommendations?

I'm returning home next month, and I'll be getting a Playstation 3 when I do. Right now I'm wondering which games should I get first? I can find games relatively cheap here in Germany(and from UK), so I'll grab what I can. Right now I'm thinking of Killzone 2, Rock Band 2(got the set already) ...
  15. Rak

We Choose The Moon

I find this pretty interesting, Apollo 11 mission "live" after 40 years. You can hear the whole mission radio chatter along with images and videos from each stage. www.wechoosethemoon.org
  16. Rak

Realistic Weapon Switching

I did this suggestion back in 2006 for Ostfront, but I'm gonna go for it again. Maybe this time I can ring some more bells :) What I'm suggesting is, we need a weapon switching better than just pressing numbers and instantly spwning weapons in your hands. There should be animations in-between...
  17. Rak

Playing as Patriarch?

I'm just thinking how awesome would it be if a player took control of the Patriarch at the end of the waves. Would be totally awesome to have a single but powerful human enemy versus 6. Maybe I'll go as forward as to suggest that that player should be playing from the RTS perspective as...
  18. Rak

Retail Release

Hello TWI, I believe there will most likely be a retail release for RO:HoS, and I know too that it's too early to discuss this. I just want to remind TWI that we(as ROTr) desperately in need of a retail release in Turkey. Our efforts to build up a community for RO:Ost has failed miserably...
  19. Rak

Hunting Shotgun Ammo Ridiculously Expensive

Hello all, As a dedicated MG in RO, I like the Support class best in KF. I'm now a level 3 Support(on the edge of 4 though). I like being able to take both Shotgun and Hunting Shotgun at the same time as the sheer firepower can save my group in hairy situations. What I have a problem with is...
  20. Rak

DCS: Black Shark

The next great thing in simulation world ;) I'm surprised that we don't have a dedicated thread for BS yet, that's why I'm making this :) First, some info from DCS website: More reading material about the depth of realism...