• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Why is the commander role TL and not PL?

My question is, why is the commander role in RO2/RS is designated as a Team Leader (TL)? In the US Army a Team Leader is the leader of a fireteam, which is a sub-unit of a squad or section. In other words, a Squad Leader (SL) is typically of higher rank and responsibility than a Team Leader...
  2. C

RS Ideas On How to Improve Balance

First off, I want to say that overall I really love RS. It's the best thing to happen to the RO franchise since Darkest Hour. That said, I have a few suggestions: 1. Knee mortars should not be able to be used by Marines. I have seen Marines capture knee mortars and sit around ammo dumps...
  3. C

Grenades a little weak?

First, thanks for the great game TW! Best part is that it's only getting better... Anyway, just thought I'd ask everyone's opinion about whether they think the grenades (both side's) lack some punch. I don't personally use nades that often, so I'm not trolling to raise my kills stats or...
  4. C

[Tuning] So frustrated, please help!

I'm literally pulling my hair trying to find a reasonable video configuration (resolution, texture, detail levels, etc). I think I've tried every combo, but hopefully a tech guru type can show me the errors in my ways. I just can't get the game to average anything above 30 FPS without looking...
  5. C

[Question] Huge FPS loss!

Today I have experienced a huge FPS loss. I went from ~60 FPS average on high settings to 20-30 FPS average. Most times it's completely unplayable. I've tried lowering every setting imaginable and still don't see any significant increase! Can anyone help troubleshoot what happened? Quick...
  6. C

[Crash] New Maps Unplayable

With the exception of Grain Elevator, the new maps cause me to crash after about 5-10 minutes of play. I even crash now on Gumrak, which worked perfectly pre-patch! I've lowered my graphics settings (still average about 60 fps until the sudden crash), verified integrity of game files, and...
  7. C

Company of Heroes

This game is shaping up and looking like a pretty good WWII RTS. All terrain is destructible (if you have the right weapon) and infantry units use tactical movements. Graphics look fantastic even in these low resolution videos: http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/743/743961/vids_1.html Here's...
  8. C

Grenade Poll

After 7 pages (and still going) on the "Grenade Limit" thread, I'm curious as to where the community now stands on things. So, I've summerized the main stuff from that thread for people to vote on... EDIT: Link to grenade discussion thread-...
  9. C

Cool Recoil Effect

delete
  10. C

Slowing down exit from Tanks (merged)

If this has been suggested in another thread, ignore that other thread. As it is now (and it has been discussed plenty) exiting vehicles is completely unrealistic. You just bounce immediately out of them. A solution I propose is to setup a system where you have to press and hold the action...
  11. C

When weapons are shot out of people's hands...

...it automatically switches to them holding a nade. This is crap because when you shoot their weapon out of their hand, they can instantly throw a frag at you and usually you both die.
  12. C

Another Ostfront Video!

The movie portrays the fight for the Basovka train station and the surrounding trench network. It shows the point of view from both sides, but it mainly focuses on the relentless German onslaught. Enjoy! http://www.highest-degree.com/Basovka_Station.wmv
  13. C

Leaning while prone

I think it's kinda funny and weird that you can lean while prone. Try it in real life and compare to how far you can do it in the game. Plus, firing a rifle accurately while leaning in the prone position would simply be out of the question. I hate to admit it, but I was leaning while prone...
  14. C

How about a demo?

If this thread topic is a repost, ignore the other one... There's a ton of guys I play other FPS's with that are slightly hesitant to shell out the 30 bucks to buy RO (cheap sob's...). I think the hype of it being "ultra-realistic" kinda throws some people off. I think a demo would really do...
  15. C

Fixed ZA Crash (for me anyway...)

I have zone alarm pro latest version. It was crashing for me when I first tried to run the game. So, I came here and looked for some fixes and I found a way to make the game load for me. First, I uninstalled zone alarm (I know, I know.. but stay with me)... Then, after my computer rebooted...