• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Why is the commander role TL and not PL?

It varies between nationalities, branches, and even in branches. But, here's basically how it goes for the US Army: Fire Team < Squad < Section < Platoon < Company < Regiment < Battalion < Brigade < Division < Corps < Army This is off the top of my head, and like I said, it really varies. For...
  2. C

If that's the case, I think it would bug me more than if they just were mistaken... especially with a game that has native names for the other roles. Just seems silly to have a TL giving orders to SL's.
  3. C

My question is, why is the commander role in RO2/RS is designated as a Team Leader (TL)? In the US Army a Team Leader is the leader of a fireteam, which is a sub-unit of a squad or section. In other words, a Squad Leader (SL) is typically of higher rank and responsibility than a Team Leader...
  4. C

RS Ideas On How to Improve Balance

The main map/objective I see the flamethrower abused on is Guadalcanal obj D (?). The windows are too small to get a grenade into and even getting up to the building is hard enough without a flamethrower. Yes, it's not impossible. However, the main thing to me is, who in their right mind...
  5. C

RS Ideas On How to Improve Balance

First off, I want to say that overall I really love RS. It's the best thing to happen to the RO franchise since Darkest Hour. That said, I have a few suggestions: 1. Knee mortars should not be able to be used by Marines. I have seen Marines capture knee mortars and sit around ammo dumps...
  6. C

Remove KDR

New players have always done this. It was even worse in RO1. K/D stats have nothing to do with this, but rather it's a product of an intense game with a steep learning curve. Players want to excel and they think they can do this by getting kills. The easiest and safest way to get kills is to...
  7. C

Beta thoughts before Free Weekend

I remember the first free weekend in RO1. A huge influx of players came and tried it out. After it was over, there were a pretty sizable amount of newplayers. So, I think there will eventually be a couple of free weekends, but most people should see a noticeable increase in the playerbase...
  8. C

What's so bad about this game?

As others have said, it's a great game now and is going to be even better after the next patch. Player counts are down now because people didn't bother to wait for a patch after a buggy release. But, there's still servers that are populated and a lot of fun to have!
  9. C

Which mode do you intend to play the most?

Realism is better at the moment. If things stay the way they are in the Beta, which they won't, that's the mode I'll play most. But, I'll wait to see how the modes are finalized and released...
  10. C

Model 39 Grenade Project - Cpt-Praxius:

Yeah, I've actually setup quite a few claymores, both training and live. These m-39 seem to work on the same triggering principle, although a bit more rudimentary. Still see this exact thing done with various grenades in Afghanistan today (and even more in Iraq while we were there). Kick in a...
  11. C

Model 39 Grenade Project - Cpt-Praxius:

Being able to setup booby traps on doors and such, like it says it was used for in the wiki article, would add a whole new gameplay element. Not sure how well it would be received with this cranky community, but it sure would be interesting...
  12. C

What new weapons would you like to see in RO2?

I strongly second this.. I've been advocating for molotovs, like many others, all the way back to the beginning of RO1. There were engine limitations then, but no excuse now. Would be a great addition!
  13. C

Bots totally destroy the RO2 Playerbase/Community

There were bots in RO1 and I don't remember them killing that game...
  14. C

Looking for a new map to play?

This map looks great and I look forward to playing it as soon as tanks are fixed. I always enjoyed being AT infantry on Arad. So, having a bunch of aimbot'ing AI gunners on a large open map doesn't sound like my idea of fun. Maybe after the next patch (fingers crossed)! BTW, here's the link...
  15. C

weapons upgrade list?

By doing a quick search of the forum you'll find that there are many threads with this list. Here are a couple of examples (and, no, there's no scope for the anti-tank rifle): http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66869&highlight=weapon+upgrade+list...
  16. C

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

All of the proposed patch ideas sound great and I hope they all make it into the game eventually. But, I think the best bang-for-the-buck, so to speak, would be the realism changes (sway, fatigue, etc.). Thanks for everything you do/have done TWI and have a great holiday break!
  17. C

Improved controls v1.0

Thanks for your work and sharing.. I'll give it a try.
  18. C

Western mod