• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

[Error] Game runs SO MUCH WORSE after last patch.

GTX 560 Ti - 15-30 fps the majority of the time. E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (Not bottlenecking the GPU to this degree) Other games run fine with the dual core paired with GTX 560 Ti. Never had great frames per second to begin with, but the patch didn't improve anything for me, and possibly made it worse...
  2. M

Latest patch killed my fps

It didn't kill my frames per second, but it didn't improve it at all. GTX 560 Ti. Tried deleting the game config and no improvement either.
  3. M

18MB patch just now

No FPS improvement for me... GTX 560 Ti.
  4. M

Requried Red Orchestra 2 Update Incoming

I'm with ya... GTX 560 Ti and zero improvement... actually worse...
  5. M

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

It appears most of you that are getting improvements have old cards or newer ATI cards. Heard a couple of others with newer Nvidia cards, including myself, say that it's not fixing the FPS issue. First three settings are on medium/high, rest on low, and FPS ranging from 20-50 fps, with an...
  6. M

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

Didn't help, sorry. GTX 560 Ti.
  7. M

Patch #1 for RO2

If I was away from my PC for half an hour... What would tell me that it downloaded a patch/update? I've checked everything under properties and nothing tells me I'm on a new version. Restarted Steam and am able to log into servers, but that doesn't mean the servers are updated... ?
  8. M

Patch #1 for RO2

I'm assuming the patch hasn't been released to users on Steam yet, but TWI released it to Steam? I'm making that assumption based on no prompts to update the game via Steam, and that I'm still on the release version of the game. Thanks.
  9. M

Tactics Long range fighting

My comment is in no way intended to be "smart" or "clever," but do you ever team up with one or more team mates? If so, you should have no problem (either you or your team mate) finding where the shot came from if you both came out of cover at the same time and one was killed. I hate to say...
  10. M

G41 sound file

Noticing a sound "defect?" on the G41 specifically and possibly some other weapon firing sounds.... Keep in mind I'm using audiophile grade equipment. What I'm hearing is a crackle and/or distortion at the middle to end of the G41 sound file when the G41 rifle is fired in-game. I have my...
  11. M

I think it's the sound..

I'm debating with myself whether to use stereo or stereo with Creative's CMSS-3D feature. CMSS-3D definitely helps piece together location and distance, but stereo just sounds so... right :)
  12. M

The Comparison

I see many discussions with topics comparing RO2:HOS to RO1, and other first person shooters of the past and present. I am here to remind us all about what RO2:HOS was intended for. So instead of matching up the game/beta with real facts, real experiences, etc.... let's compare apples to...
  13. M

What are you going to eat while downloading RO2?

Who needs food when you got lager with a punch, and some spicy Cabernet?
  14. M

Bullet holes

Hence why I stated the question... I'm asking if there should really be this many bullet holes and why there are some in the top of 12-14 foot walls when no one would ever fire that high up. To me it seems excessive, but I'm asking: Is this what it looked like?
  15. M

Bullet holes

Bullet holes. Almost all beta gameplay footage has bullet holes. But are there too many and why are they permanent from the beginning? I've noticed that in every beta gameplay footage, there are bullet holes in almost every square foot of every wall. Why is this? It looks like aliens made a...
  16. M

Ragdoll effects

Agreed. I think that most of us who have played countless shooters have ingrained in our head that bodies need to flail when dying or dead. This is not the case. When someone faints, they go limp, the same as if they were going dead. A dead body... goes limp. They don't jump, they don't...
  17. M

A Thought on Team Formation/Unit Placement

Like RO(1), RO2 will rely heavily on unit placement in regards to the terrain for map/battle success. I guess this is a message to the newbies: Team communication and the movement/placement of individual units (yourself and others) is going to be the most critical aspect to attacking and...
  18. M

New to RO

It can be compared to RO(1). Because it doesn't take many bullets to kill a unit, one must be cautious while navigating the maps in order to stay alive.
  19. M

Voice Variation

Agreed. I've always disliked these auto-taunts/voices. And my question is.. why are they there when we will have separate voice commands that can say the same things anyway? I'll be very disappointed if friendlies and enemy can hear them. I'll be less disappointed if they can't be turned off...
  20. M

New to RO

Krobar, thank you for your insight, as I didn't know 100% that the current beta gameplay videos was "relaxed" realism. For the new players... Because we (or at least I) have not been able to play RO2 yet, it's not fair to comment on the differences or even what RO2 will bring. What I can tell...