• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

grease gun

Thanks, I came here exactly to ask if there was any significance to seeing this in the trailer (I saw it in this vid, at 2:03... https://youtu.be/4xgrPjmImCA?t=2m). I was hoping that we might see something I'd suggested ages ago in RO2, where it might be possible to lift your weapon up but...
  2. C

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Used the MG42 for the first time yesterday on the UBB server. Think I played for about 1.5 hours. Ended up with 300+ kills. Got the weapon to Level 25 in a couple of rounds...it's an absolute monster. The server did have lots of bots though, and most of the time the map was Bridges, so I was...
  3. C

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

I agree with you. If the effect must stay, I think it should become less and less the longer you remain under fire. As if to replicate a more experienced soldier being less affected by the shock of incoming fire.
  4. C

Which would be fine, if it really simulated the flinch you might experience from a bullet coming close/impacting near you. But it feels hugely exaggerated and it's annoying when the effect is triggered by fire which you know full well is nowhere near hitting you. As I said earlier, I don't buy...
  5. C

Perhaps it's just because I haven't played stock for so long. I still disagree about suppression. I admire and recognise the intention of introducing it, but in reality I find having the game trying to tell me that I'm scared and physically preventing me from returning accurate fire, is...
  6. C

Absolutely loving this mod, but can I suggest one thing? Tone down the suppression mechanic. Personally, I've never liked this system anyway, and now that we have properly loud bullet cracks, whizzes and ricochets, I think it's totally redundant. When a machine gun opens up on my position I now...
  7. C

Didn't happen for me Prapor. Has the French sever just crashed? I was playing fine, textures were all working. Then suddenly, I timed out, but instead of getting booted back to the server browser, I got an "ROGame has stopped working". Now I cant find the server in the browser again :( EDIT...
  8. C

I was getting this earlier. I thought that re-downloading the mod had worked but it turned out they'd just turned off IOM on the 40-1 server. Removing the line from the .ini allowed me to connect fine.
  9. C

Getting the exact same thing here. I downloaded from the Workshop. Used my old .ini file and added the ForceLoadMods line. It still didnt work. I deleted the mod, unsubbed from SWS. Downloaded from the new link in the OP. Still nothing, even with the edited .ini. I then tried using the .ini...
  10. C

Just been playing this mod on the OdW server. It's awesome. Pretty much everything I wanted from RO2 :)
  11. C

Anybody want to play Classic?

Haven't played any RO2 for a few months. Came back a few weeks ago to find that 40-1 no longer have a classic server, and pretty much every classic server was empty. So instead I've been playing on realism servers, where the only bolt action you see has a scope on it and the Russians are all...
  12. C

This f****ing jap sniper rifle! Devs, fix it, please!

I've experienced this bug while attempting to shoot an Allied sniper in that EXACT position. Every single one of my shots appeared to be dead on target, yet I got no kill and he shot me back. I put it down to not understanding the scope crosshairs, although I'd never had a problem before.
  13. C

Longest Kill Distance

Cant remember my longest kill (think it was about 260 metres on Barashka, scoped 91/30). However, I made an awesome accidental pistol kill on MamayevKurgan - I needed to empty the last couple of rounds from my C96 so I could reload, so I stood up in my trench, fired randomly at the Russian...
  14. C

CLASSIC TIME! Tonight 8pm (GMT)

Indeed. It feels like there are less players on 40-1 than before the Classic updates. I remember evenings spent patiently waiting for a slot to open so I could join, and busy weekends too. Yet on Sunday, even late afternoon, there were only a couple of players online :( My in game name is...
  15. C

CLASSIC TIME! Tonight 8pm (GMT)

Absolutely fantastic game on the server tonight. Perhaps the best round of Bridges I ever played, even though we lost. Great team play and communication. I was playing as engineer and perhaps my favourite bit was coordinating with Gilgamesh in the tank. He would roll up to the tank traps so I...
  16. C

Red Screen of Death: Why and Analysis

I hate the feature myself. As mentioned earlier, if an objective you are defending is captured and you suddenly find yourself in a protection zone, the RSOD is pretty much a death sentence. Either stay and be killed, or break cover in a desperate dash back to your own lines (which there is no...
  17. C

RO2 new style of forced respawn

I think you've misunderstood the Forced Spawn system. All it does is force the respawn list timer to 0, so everyone in the list spawns. The respawn wave isn't just a cycle of 15 seconds. It starts when the first player dies, then when it ends, everyone who has died between the first player's...
  18. C

But everyone in the Re-spawn list has the SAME time remaining...15s, in your example. That's why they are in the list, because they are all going to spawn again in 15s. EDIT: Hang on, I think I get what you're getting at. So you want to see how long each player has had to wait within the wave...
  19. C

There are no individual times - everyone in the wave spawns at the same time. Either I don't follow what you're saying of you've misunderstood how the wave respawn system works.