• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. SIMOX

Insane Audio stuttering

Game runs on about 35-40 frames/second and sound is fine durring trader, but as soon as killing starts the audio becomes unlistenable. It stutters so much that you can't hear anything. It's just stuttering noise that is raping my ears. The game IS playable but sound is just killing me. I don't...
  2. SIMOX

Final Map KF-MC-Pharus

Hello once again, since i never managed to release any of my crappy maps i thought i might just do it now. And sorry about the size but textures are 256x256 DX1. KF-MC-Pharus Description: minecraft themed map with a bunch of minecraft stuff. Piston doors, wooden doors, various props, 6...
  3. SIMOX

Level Design 2 Problems

I'm currently having 2 main problems with unreal: First is black textures (As of not lit for some reason) on random BSP brushes. If i manage to fix one brush, that same s*** apears on the other random brushes. It's like some kinda disease. Does unreal have some limited memory or something or...
  4. SIMOX

Level Design KFRandomItemSpawn

Fired up SKD after 2 years of break and thought will finish my Minecraft map. However i can't make Random items spawn inside of the chests. I can spawn ammo, cash, nades or specific weapon pickups inside the welded chests and pick them up if collision radius is about 50 and their physics set to...
  5. SIMOX

Hellride map problem

Joined random server with the Hellride map and it had no textures. So i deleted games cache and then it shows me this message with some "Hellride_T" version missmatch. Although i can see textures normaly in solo mode i just can't join servers with that map now. Before i deleted my cache i tried...
  6. SIMOX

Level Design Teleporters/Portals?

Soo.. I need to make a teleporter, portal whatever. How i do that? I know it is possible because i saw a map with it but i can't remember the name. Also, will speciments go through it? Like will they know where to go if the player is on the other side of the portal?
  7. SIMOX

Final Map KF-Arcade-Scatepark-FIN[DARK]

Map Name: KF-Arcade-Scatepark-Dark Author: Kingshinobi (Dark version by SIMOX) Playable: Yes Whitelisted: Yes Pictures: Description of map: The disco death march is at the famous scatepark this evening. As soon as your squad arrives at the scatepark the survival begins... Stay away...
  8. SIMOX

Level Design [WIP] KF-Haze

Work In Progress So i decided to post this thread since map is not finished yet. I added some pictures of the map, so let me know what u think. Map Name: KF-Haze (Used to be KF-Bridge_Over_A_Hazard) Screenshots: Now i know that some of you expected to see this map in beta...
  9. SIMOX

Level Design Unreal doesn't like Pentagons?

Hello Forum. Today, i drasticaly changed my "Hangar" because i couldn't zone it. Anti-portals? i could use them but i didn't like my build so i had to do it right. So i took pentagon cylinder and made it like this - Then i subtracted 3 pentagons inside it, as they were second floor rooms. All...
  10. SIMOX

Level Design Ambient Lighting vs. Zones

Hello, i have a little problem again. Looks like i have no idea how the ambient lighting works or im just doing it wrong. I have ambient lighting set on 15 (don't know is that much, but looks fine) in the outside "zone info actor". Inside, zoneinfo's - 0. Now this place is dark, ofc it won't...
  11. SIMOX

Level Design Fog and Sun Mix?

Ok, so i have a problem in my map and i want to know is it possible to fix it somehow. I have a fog enabled in my map, because everything looks nice and smooth, plus added rain. But the problem is with the "Sun Effect" emitters. Since there's a sun actor in the skybox, i had to add those...
  12. SIMOX

Level Design Stupid thing about Terrain

So i got this problem randomly editing terrain. The whole terrain just disappeared. Than i moved terrain info a little bit down and it appeared. Couldn't move it back up cuz disappears again. So i thought "no problem, i can move the whole level down". But when i did that whole terrain became...