• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ross

Regarding new maps

I know I'm a giant whiny baby and not a game designer and all that, but a friend brought this up in Steam the other day and it was simply too true for me to sit on. I have to wonder why a remake of Barashka was chosen as a new map. Now, let's ignore the fact Barashka is nowhere near Stalingrad...
  2. ross

Removal of bayonets from sniper rifles

I know I've covered this as part of my larger thread, but I wanted to get a poll up to test the waters. Please read this post before you vote one way or the other, and I mean 'read', not 'skim'. I'll try and keep it brief. This is not an authenticity/realism thread so much as a gameplay one. I...
  3. ross

A note regarding historical accuracy, and why RO could get away with things RO2 can't

Some people may be wondering why those of us who weren't very vocal about historical errors in RO are now making a huge affair of RO2's historical failings. I figured it might be interesting to post a thread about why - from my perspective, at least. Ostfront had many errors, ranging from...
  4. ross

Grenades vs windowframes - "OH GOD I'M SO SORRY"

It is really, really annoying trying to get a grenade through a windowframe right now. Larger ones are fine, and dropping them out is okay, but several windows you would be really wanting to toss grenades through ingame are teamkills just waiting to happen. Grenade throwing is fine at a...
  5. ross

[Error] Unable to connects to MP servers, "no licence"

Was playing the game just fine this time yesterday, all of a sudden I get the following every time I try to connect to a server: It waits until I actually connect, but immediately boots me out back to the lobby with that message. This is happening on every server I try to connect to. It is...
  6. ross

Ironsights, movement, and pacing - why the game still feels too fast, even in Classic

There are two things that really affect this that have been done to death already, and improve somewhat in classic. I don't think I've seen the third mentioned, as I only just realised it myself. The issue is the use of ironsights while moving. I've always felt there should be more of an effect...
  7. ross

Sniper rifles in this game are COMPLETELY incorrect; answers please, TWI?

This is going to be a long post as there are so many problems to go over, so bear with me. I'm posting this in I&S both so it gets exposure and as I am really just suggesting all this be fixed. Scope warping/distortion effect - I get that you can do fancy stuff with shaders, but this effect...
  8. ross

There are two game-breakingly OP weapons in this game.

I think we all know instinctively which they are. Let's not kid ourselves; we know damn well anyone who uses them becomes some kind of magical super-soldier. I know there have been many threads on this, but I am not posting about historical accuracy here, nor about "some asshole on the other...
  9. ross

"One day" wishlist

This was written up for the guys on SA so excuse the less-than-professional presentation; don't feel like rewriting it. I put this together more to try stir some mod support than anything, but hey if the devs pick it up and run with it, my faith might just be restored yet. Keep in mind that...
  10. ross

Removal of scope distortion effect

Short post for a small issue, but the scope lens distortion (bending of the image towards the margins of the scope) is both annoying and not actually a thing. If you want to do the whole "neat effects" thing, go with chromatic aberration, not this. No WWII rifle scope I have ever seen does...
  11. ross

G41/ZF4 combination

If there was already a thread covering this, my apologies. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I would imagine this has come up in other threads about the rare/experimental weapons, but I feel this is something of a special case. First of all, let it be stated that this is in no way...
  12. ross

PU question, need optics gurus in here - lense coating

I have a 1944 PU from the Progress plant. There is no question of its authenticity; the markings are all correctly placed, the fonts are correct, the serial number format is too and the scope and rifle serials are electropencilled into the mount. The field of view doesn't move with adjustment...