• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Leveling system?

Handlebar mustache ftw!
  2. B

Guns jamming.

Hyperbole much? There are very few people actually advocating for this. I'm not one of them, by the way.
  3. B

Guns jamming.

The M-16 was initially issued in Vietnam without a chrome lined barrel (or chamber) and corrosion in the chamber causing failure to extract malfunctions was a serious problem, which was addressed by chrome lining. The other major component in the M-16's reliability problems in Vietnam was a...
  4. B

Guns jamming.

But corrosion in the chamber - which is part of the barrel - most certainly will cause malfunctions, particularly failure to extract a fired cartridge, and was a significant problem with the M-16 in Vietnam.
  5. B

Team Death match, No respawn (classic)

And if the no respawn TDM mode the OP wants is introduced, 99.99% of servers will still only host TE maps.
  6. B

ambush spawning for japan

No offense intended, but playing with that many bots is always going to be an unsatisfactory experience. This game just isn't optimized for AI.
  7. B

ambush spawning for japan

I don't think Japan needs a boost. In my experience one side wins about as often as the other (except for a couple of maps) and it all comes down to which side has the better team that day. It's also been my experience that the Japanese team tends to attract better, more experienced players...
  8. B

RO2 Message to the Developers

Have you ever actually fired any real K98s and M91/30s? I have a few examples of each and can say that with regard to practical accuracy there is very little difference. I would agree that on average, a K98 may be expected to be slightly more accurate than a 91/30, but the margin is slim. From a...
  9. B

Tactics Type 38 rifle 6th round loading.

This could be done with just about any bolt action rifle, really. The magazine holds a certain number of rounds, typically five. When you load the rounds into the magazine, the bolt is open. As you close the bolt, it grabs the top round in the magazine and loads it into the chamber. But you can...
  10. B

RS KOBURA needs balance: more reinforcments for the US

I agree, and was thinking exactly the same thing after the last time I played it - 50 more reinforcements for the US and it should be perfect. I like this map a lot, but in my experience it always comes down to reinforcements for the US, unless there's a really good US team and/or a really bad...
  11. B

RS What happend to Rising storm?

The 2.FjG server is usually pretty decent, free weekends and such notwithstanding. Some days are better than others. I play both sides but lean toward the Japanese team. It seems to me that on the 2.FjG server at least the Japanese side tends to attract more experienced/mature players with...
  12. B

Tactics What the heck is the logic of going past the objective?

I've got to agree with Jank here, and I play SL the same way. If you've got a big squad - like squad 1 - being a spawn point needs to be your top priority most of the time. Find a good route to the objective, hunker down and stay alive. Use your smoke but don't risk your life or give up a good...
  13. B

Diving on a grenade

Definitely works in RS; I can't speak for RO2. I've done it a few times when I threw a nade that hit something and bounced back or accidentally underhanded a nade that landed at my feet, and I preferred the suicide penalty to a bunch of TKs. The most memorable occasion was when I was a Japanese...
  14. B

MKb 42(H) versus BAR

A notable exception to this is the .303 British Mk.VII ball round, which was standard issue for the Brits during both world wars. The bullet has a 2-part core, with aluminum in the tip and lead at the base, and was specifically designed to tumble on impact, which it apparently did quite...
  15. B

Map balance

Old time RO1 player here who's been playing a lot of RS recently, not under this name. I haven't posted here in a very long time but I'm compelled to weigh in now because Peleliu has become one of my pet peeves. It seems to me that this map used to go either way pretty frequently, but of late...
  16. B

Server ******

Explains a lot... http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?p=197899#post197899
  17. B

Tactics Get in the cap zone!

I think both DingBat and Slyder make valid points. It's not so clear-cut that you can say the sniper (or MG) should always/never charge into the cap zone. The players in these positions need to assess the situation and act accordingly. This isn't always so easy but it's something a player picks...
  18. B

Beta Map RO-TractorWorks Beta 4

This has been driving me crazy whenever I play a German tanker. I just can/t see that gun from the tank gunner's position. I can see the sandbags, I can see the rounds coming at me from the gun, but I can't see the gun itself. I've tried driving closer (about as close as it's possible to get...
  19. B

Squad Leader TK's with Artillery and Banning

It's frustrating, but I don't know what can be done about it. If the squad leader puts artillery directly on the objective his team is trying to cap, or worse, in front of it, he deserves to get kicked for teamkills. On the other hand, sometimes the squad leader puts the arty right where it...