• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. vingt2

Thoughts on the HUD Art Style

The main problem in the HUD is that font sizes are way to big. It pollute the screen.
  2. vingt2

Red Orchestra 40,000

:eek:.
  3. vingt2

Its Offical, We are frustrated

Someone's gonna get trouble :D.
  4. vingt2

Can we expect Tutorials with RO2SDK ?

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitHome.html You don't really need anything more for now. The few changes will sure be described when the SDK is out.
  5. vingt2

And what about the volonteers?

I'm sorry, I did'nt know the hidden meaning of this smiley, as I did'nt know the customs of this forum. I won't piss you off anymore. Good luck for the dev team, and make us some outstanding content.
  6. vingt2

Hi, any chance of having any news? :rolleyes: I'm still hoping to be accepted in the team as volunteer.
  7. vingt2

Overcoming UE3 engine limitations?

Well, I think it take the vector's coordinates (location and direction of directional/Spot light), then post-process the scene sample.
  8. vingt2

Tripwire Interactive announces

Look at Killing floor mapping contest. It brought a lot of great map for free. but devs was payed. It's the spirit of TWI.
  9. vingt2

Flamethrowers and swords

Of course it is. As Slavek saied: Everything is possible on UE3 if you grant you the time it takes to do it. UE3 is a bundle of tools, not a rigid game creator.
  10. vingt2

Oh, ok, i'm still working with March build since I spend less time on it because of exams in three weeks. Yea, I deduce its now an option dedicated in the postprocessvolume properties as I see it in the screen. I was working on such an effect two months ago, by tweaking the scenetexturesample...
  11. vingt2

Did you use a material effect to achieve such a god ray effect? Anyway, that looks really nice ;).
  12. vingt2

Using to much physical assets isn't to heavy for the server side?
  13. vingt2

Excatly, thats why I think giving a special animation to the foliage when the player is in it would be the best way of doing it: No physic processing. But By the way, what I showed you also interact with the player ;). It is global collision.
  14. vingt2

Last night I could'nt sleep so I woke up and thinked about making an interactive foliage. YouTube - Interactive Foliage TEST UDK That's the result. I did a fast skeleton mesh rigged on maya, created the good physic asset, and here is the result. Know it might need some other tweaks to look...
  15. vingt2

Well, its because it's a non-heavy post process effect, easy to handle, which is loved by every 12years old kevin, playing on their boxs. Thats also why famous game using UE3 features all same shaders giving awfull glossy effects (full of specularity). But that's easy to avoid ;).
  16. vingt2

Rendering a high quality vegetation isn't about on what kind of software you work. A good lvl Designer places some grass, some bushs, and some trees in the right place so that it gives a visual coherance to the scene. Then, there is no real engine limitation on UE3 since you know with what...
  17. vingt2

Fan Art :)

That looks really good man. Great job !
  18. vingt2

BTW, It's really hard to get high skill in animation :D. Someone has an idea of when we will know the results ?
  19. vingt2

Application sent ;). UED4 is really easy to handle. Maybe a little bit disturbing when you come from editors like Radient (for IDt3) or UED3. As any editor, it take some time to adapt. But u'll see that UED4 is much more handy, so the gap is easy to cross.
  20. vingt2

Hi team, Well, this is my first post on the forum since my email provider is blocked, I didn't had any courage to fix that in the past, but make no mistake, i'm a total fan of R.O, and DH (and kf but thats not the question here). I've always wanted to work for a RO mod team (especially DH :) )...