• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Mopquill

Server Limit Map Update Checks?

Great, I agree. Never waste your time with me again. That's exactly what I asked for in the first place.
  2. Mopquill

Perfect. And believe me, I get it; I'm a developer by trade, fix what you can. This error in particular (even if it is in fact two errors) seemed to be particularly troublesome, and it seemed worth reporting. Thanks for the info, and if there's any information I can give, or testing I can do on...
  3. Mopquill

Define normal. It's happening on multiple computers I've tried, in multiple test cases, with different configs (even test ones only making the changes suggested in the wiki), and on my friends' servers. Yes, it's not desirable behavior, but if it's happening 100% of the time on a specific server...
  4. Mopquill

Nah, dude, you're full of it. I'm sure you'd comment either way because you fancy yourself knowledgeable, and posting here reinforces that. I specifically asked you not to comment because you tell people the they are experiencing problems are not problems, and you phrase stuff as "whether you...
  5. Mopquill

Is there any way to limit the frequency of map updates? I'm using the Windows dedicated server at the moment, and it seems to check for map updates every 60 seconds, and then hits hard disk and memory to do this. Disclaimer: Googling the issue and searching these forums mostly leads to either...
  6. Mopquill

Dedicated server hits for map updates

^ That is not correct. Unnecessarily using resources is not a standard for operating systems, that is absurd. In any case, this is also doing something with disk, which is incredibly unnecessary: If you wanted to be smart about it, you'd check all maps on server start, and check for updates...
  7. Mopquill

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

... Again you're doing it. Anyhow, I've had tons that I've been posting over the past few pages, so, all that stuff. And what I'm telling you is that my damage DID get through. Hell, I killed someone. I would have done more, but, the doors opened and they lit me up. XD You would think, but...
  8. Mopquill

I didn't say the textures could get through, I said sometimes the vomit can get through. As in, to cause damage. And it doesn't seem to matter as far as stage or position goes, it just seems to be random on whether or not it will work. If it was just textures, it wouldn't matter, as it'd just be...
  9. Mopquill

Any news on this? I'm eager to try out the next release. In any event, I've noticed that sometimes (and I'm afraid I can't come up with a conclusive reason why this is possible), the bloat can get his vomit through a closed trader door.
  10. Mopquill

He was wrong. Simple as that. Last I checked, sedition was still legal. Anyhow, I wasn't here for the trolling. That sucks, But, I had legitimate posts in here too, that he apparently made the mistake of deleting. A pixel wouldn't be a good idea, because then they could slide in under doors...
  11. Mopquill

With all due respect, my most recent post was on-topic. We were debating about the game. And mod or not, it's messed up to remove my response when it was just as on-topic as his, and entirely relevant to the thread. Not once in it did I insult anyone or break any forum rules. It was an entirely...
  12. Mopquill

I think it should be optional. I don't know how you play (and there are plenty of situations where I could see it being useful), but I play with a group of friends from a board I frequent, and we're all on mumble (it's like TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, but better) chatting while we play. Anyhow, none...
  13. Mopquill

If you ever want help testing, myself and a few players I can get would always be interested. Let me know any time. I can PM you my AIM/MSN IM dealies if you like. Thank god, I was worried. XD If you do, make that optional too. I don't have any problems with AFK players or anything like that...
  14. Mopquill

I'm sorry, but that is just retarded. Not to mention entirely unnecessary. Out of all of the legitimate problems and glitches I (along with quite a few other people) have mentioned, you're trying to change people playing unfairly? I mean, hell, just go up to them and shoot them if you have a...
  15. Mopquill

You need a high perk level to kill an FP with a crossbow (in one hit), but, I guess those are being forced. But, if that is how it's supposed to be in the normal game, I say it should stay. Nah, whenever I'm a husk I get raped. The only effective way to be a husk is to shoot from afar, or to...
  16. Mopquill

That only happens in normal mode, but, that is normal. It SHOULD happen. Yeah, that was another bug I meant to mention, but, it was one of the ones I forgot. Thanks. =]
  17. Mopquill

When healing, it seems to use all 100 healing points when you heal another player. And I *think* it might use 50 when healing yourself, but, I'd have to double-check. Sometimes spawn points are -nowhere- near the human players, or even where the other zombies are spawning from. Sometimes...
  18. Mopquill

Whatever, I wasn't insulting him. I know you may be trying to get in good with him, but, this is my favorite Killing Floor mod. You don't get to decide whether or not I was insulting him to try to make yourself look good. And despite the grammar, you made some pretty good points. This one...
  19. Mopquill

That is entirely missing the point. XD I have some trouble with it as a sharpshooter, but, I was more speaking about the people I play with, as I was trying to include their problems as well. I didn't care much about the ammo thing, but I do agree that it's a concern. Awesome. I agree with you...
  20. Mopquill

Actually, it does need a fix. When a stalker attacks you, that normally means you failed to see them. No one zombie is meant to kill you by itself until you get into the higher ranking ones. Normally, you get hit by a stalker, you swear at your team's commando, and you kill it, since it's now...