• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. HCX

KF Killing Floor is the ONLY fps I don't get nausea playing, any ideas why?

I don't know how it would work in Dead Island but I can think of a few different things you could do to "troubleshoot" your nausea in HL2 with the developer console, if you're willing to risk some more stomach gymnastics. You can enable the console through Options > Keyboard > Advanced. The...
  2. HCX

Twisted Xmas Event

People are weird, and lack an appreciation for how software dev estimates routinely miss their target. Poopy happens all the time in every engineering discipline I'm familiar with.
  3. HCX

KF Why can't we have a White listed LMG?

This conversation has been fun to follow, but it seems we're only tossing around hypotheses at this point. Unless there are existing mods to point toward as examples, perhaps it might benefit everybody to build some prototypes with existing art/sound assets? One might be geared for a lot of...
  4. HCX

KF Size of a clean KF + SDK folder?

If I exclude the Cache and Screenshots folders, my KF folder is about 5.56GB. The only mods I've installed are certain texture replacements; everything else is in Cache. I haven't installed the SDK on this machine, but Steam requests 18MB for doing so.
  5. HCX

Make Crawlers Attack More Accurately

I don't know, man. I think it's fair to say Steve already scores more kills for himself than any other zed. Picking off people trying to escape more obvious threats is his role, and he performs admirably.
  6. HCX

To tripwire

I'm sure TWI will gladly respond to your feedback, given how detailed and constructive your post is. Not! I however disagree with your thoughts about how the specimens should be more like traditional zombies. The array of abilities that these experiments wield is a large part of why I find the...
  7. HCX

[ZED] Female Fleshpound

I'm baffled to find that this was released a while ago. I'd been following the more recent development thread for a good time and still managed to miss it. Congrats on the release and I hope your refinement efforts aren't too much of a pain. ;)
  8. HCX

Friend of Mine Having connection issue.

I've had a friend with that same issue. The fix that worked for him was to change his location in Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Download Region. I hope that does the trick here as well.
  9. HCX

HUD enhancement concept

I didn't like it when I saw it, and I doubt I can even be considered an "old fart" by KF standards. I can tell you why I disagree with the direction if you'd like. My main issue is that it seems to be somewhat at odds with the existing KF aesthetic, which is akin to that of a grindhouse horror...
  10. HCX

Like the Killing Floor Soundtrack?

Very nice and fits in well, I think. On the whole, I'm not very big on metal but this definitely works for me. Reminiscent of Painkiller's tunes, which I've long enjoyed. Painkiller OST - Playing Tarot - YouTube
  11. HCX

Show amount of health currently being healed

Practical, refined, and relatively easy to execute. I'm fond of suggestions like this. Thanks!
  12. HCX

Need help finding map

Sounds like KF-LostBoys, though I believe that only had two gates. It's been a few months since I played it, so I might be mistaken. If it's not LostBoys, an easy way to find the name would be to look through your cache with an extractor and see if one of them rings a bell. I believe I just...
  13. HCX

Post-patch Berzerker

I'm dandy with most of the above suggestions. I see this as a bad suggestion. What would ever be the point of picking Berserker over Medic? I could do the same role you've posited far better with the guy who has better armor, better speed, better self-healing, and for the purposes of keeping...
  14. HCX

DAR skin idea

Considering Horzine's obsession with bio-engineering and D.A.R.'s description in-game, it arguably makes sense for her to have a meaty filling. So it's not really bothered me when I heal the player with a syringe or see great bloody chunks ripped out of her during a game. :D
  15. HCX

Change to Axe

I wouldn't say Berserker's gotten harder in any real sense, Sykotik. If anything, the area of effect given to melee weapons makes it way easier to do your job. I've grown fond of getting crawlers bunched together and taking 2-3 at a time with an axe. It's tricky but soo worth it. It's certainly...
  16. HCX

Xmas event - yes, really...

Screenshots, here.
  17. HCX

Getting impatient :(

The cranky folks need to chill and go play Duke Nukem FreeD or something. Release some of that tension by sticking their mighty boot into alien noggins, y'know? Or mess with Mari0. Or Spelunky. Or Cave Story. Or I Wanna Be The Guy. Well, maybe not that one. You're more likely to wind...
  18. HCX

Idea for Berserker change

It's been suggested many times before and every time I read it, the idea comes across as lame and unnecessarily cumbersome to the player. A more elegant solution to this "problem" would have crawlers attack with a (5-10s, 30%?) slow poison, effectively removing a berserker's main defense when...
  19. HCX

Is KF too easy at HoE in your opinion?

Voted yes. As Karsey said, a successful team is far more about tactics and coordination than raw skill. Indeed, I've had fun jumping into random HoE games and advising the team on what they should do. This often works out brilliantly when they're receptive. If you're already in a group of your...
  20. HCX

Tactics 'Mando Help.

I'm a level 6 everything who rather enjoys playing all the perks. I almost always play with the same pool of buddies though, so it'll probably be more difficult on your end and I can't really give you any pointers for playing roaming games. Typically, I stick to the AK (that L6 spawns with)...