• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Y

Give pistols to high-ranking soldiers of any class.

The full auto C96 is actually fairly rare unless I'm mistaken. I think classes other than SL and Commander shouldn't be getting the M1895 or C96 in the first place. All other classes excluding the ones that are issued a pistol by default should get the P38 and TT33 when they reach Veteran rank.
  2. Y

Preferred Areas TWI Should Concentrate On For ROHOS

Voted 2 but was also tempted to vote 4 as Workshop seems to be quite a buggy mess at the moment. I'd also like to finally see unlocking enemy weapons off once and for all, I'm getting sick of all the ambiguity amongst the equipment on both sides.
  3. Y

Nagant Revolver Silencer

I partially fault selling the MKb and AVT with the DDE. Don't get me wrong, people should get something for their extra buck but the decision to sell the rare freaking prototype weapons was kinda stupid, personally, I would've offered the PPSh drum mag and the MP40/II instead. Even if the DDE...
  4. Y

Zoom's Last Stand

I think a fixed, unified zoom level of x1.5 is alright. Controlled breathing should be like Classic, at the cost of increasing weapon sway. Weapon sway should be affected by: (unsupported aiming) Stamina: High stamina barely affects sway. The less stamina you have, the more intense and erratic...
  5. Y

AVT-40 rank 50 worth it?

I think it's worth it. The scope's quite useful for large maps and for some reason it makes you reload much faster than normal but the firing animation for the ironsights sucks, even on semi-auto (quite a common sight in RO2, firing animations that mess up your aim).
  6. Y

Attack, and aim at the enemy for IS2's sake!

Last time I played FallenFighers, my team was so horrendous, that I was the highest on the scoreboard and had a whoppin' 30 points! Last time I played GrainElevator, my team was great and we managed to win the match without losing the conveyer tower! And pretty much half the team had 100+ points.
  7. Y

What a horrific game!

I wasn't specifically referring to MW as CoD4, I didn't tack on the 2 on RO either. I'm also aware that CoD and RO aren't really relatable, but OP did say that RO was "primitive like CoD" (well, not literally), I may have gone overboard, sorry if you felt deeply offended.
  8. Y

Favourite map and why?

I haven't had the chance to really enjoy Apartments with all these MKb guys around. My favourite map would be Grain Elevator, just because.
  9. Y

What a horrific game!

So, you compare these games with one focused on realistic and PvP tactical combat. Comparing RO with coop games isn't gonna work. (Well Halo: Reach isn't just coop, but since you're using firefight specifically, I'll let it count)
  10. Y

C96 sight adjustment

It would be pretty good fodder for the stupid hot chick at the bar. "Hey, baby! I just wanna tell you that I killed someone with the C96 in Red Orchestra 2." - "Oh, come on, that's so ridiculously easy!" - "What I didn't tell you was, that he was a 100m away!" - "..." Exactly.
  11. Y

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

When you choose your class, your equipment is displayed on the right side of the screen.
  12. Y

What a horrific game!

CoD:MW - MW (good?), primitive (bad) RO2 - WW2 (bad), good mechanics What's your problem with dying in a game? Afraid you have to cry because you suck and can't use godmode? Here's a nice list of things, all for you. MW: 1. Run around 2. Shoot guy 3. Use killstreak 4. Die 5. Respawn 6. Go back...
  13. Y

tripwire, i'd like to sell you a car.

I've been waiting for RO2 for 1,5 years, I've laughed when I saw a video of a bunch of beta tester punching each other to death, I've cried when it was delayed, now, I'm glad it was delayed, I'm glad for the beta testers, I'm glad that it improves RO in almost every way, I'm glad it crashes...
  14. Y

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

I only use the MKb rarely, I'd hate myself if I would make it into my main weapon. I mean, theoretically it's the single best weapon in the game, but I just can't bring myself to use it that much, ultimately losing all pride for my skill because I know, deep inside, that depending on this weapon...
  15. Y

Camping is killing gameplay

Heh tactical waiting. I think camping's fine for the defenders, attackers should attack (duh) You don't know how many times people told me I'm a ****ing camper, when I'm actually waiting for a teammate to lend me a hand but without any success because they're too busy picking enemies off the...
  16. Y

The Mkb42(H)

Well, it's not that simple. Tripwire promised it to be a day 1-unlock for DDE preorders, they can't just take it away because people are displeased, after all, nobody really complained about the StG44 in ROOST, which is technically the same weapon and the russians didn't have any compensation...
  17. Y

Why automatic weapons suck in RO2 (Especially PPSH41)

I use 1-2 shot bursts on distances larger than 20m, works well enough up to 50m. You're also supposed to manually compensate for the recoil, which is harder ingame than it is IRL.
  18. Y

Suppression, and why MG tactics aren't what they should be

Of course you can perfectly compare an M60 with a MG42 that fires at least twice as fast, has a (albeit minimally) larger caliber and is (a little) heavier :rolleyes: I have to agree that suppression is a little meh-ish executed, but I guess it's up to the player's skill. For now, use guns to...
  19. Y

RO2 should be the model for why...

^This I can't begin on how many people I've seen *****ing about the game assuming it to be complete even though it says in gigantic neon letters it's a "BETA"!
  20. Y

Tactics Bolts vs. Autos vs. SMGs

I think everyone agrees that it differs with each map. In Danzig, for example, you're fighting CQ most of the time, so you wanna go for Assault. Semi-Auto is good for medium-range sniping and quick hip-fire in a pinch. Bolt-action is good for very long-range but practically useless close-range...