• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Opinion from a day one buyer

Trying not to make a big thread out of this, but I just wanted to say some things from the perspective of a day one buyer who never really got what they were looking for from this game. I actually really liked the first game, despite its ponderous pacing (it's slower than ARMA, and that's saying...
  2. F

Bot farming really needs to end

Having percentage power ups to your weapons, new guns/equipment new players can't even use, servers with minimum honor levels... honor doesn't even work that way: it's a measure of time spent playing the game, not a measure of character or "quality" of a user. Really the entire system, top to...
  3. F

Bot farming really needs to end

You're only treating the symptoms by doing this, you're not solving the problem. The problem is: Veteran players not only have a skill advantage over you, they have better equipment too. To match them, you must invest hundreds of hours into a game that treats you unfairly the whole time. The...
  4. F

No co-op campaign?

Good thing this isn't a valid excuse, considering these features were advertised with the game. "OMG PROFIT" is never a valid excuse, sorry. Customers > Shareholders, despite what American Economics might teach you.
  5. F

"Honor" - too fast/too easy ?

No way. Dude you played 63 hours in two weeks. You have to understand, some of us do other things with our lives and I couldn't get 63 hours of RO2 in a MONTH, let alone 2 weeks. Remember that Tripwire already said it would take ~400-500 hours to max everything out. I think that's too much. If...
  6. F

[Solution] possible fix for crashing on map load

Perhaps it's a problem with the main menu video? What happens if you replace it with a blank video (or delete it)? Edit: Deleting the video solved absolutely nothing (though the game otherwise ran fine). Also this solution did not work for me. I'm going to keep looking.
  7. F

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

Ok, I'm no RO fanboy who thinks the game was perfect and represents all the hopes and dreams of the gaming industry. It was a fun game, I liked it, and I am watching to see if the second game is any good (still a toss up between it and BF3) This review was utter dog **** and the man should find...
  8. F

Homefront '46

Hmm, a later map idea would be a landing at Quebec City. The place is like a fortress. Healthy bit of irony there too, as the British once took the city from the French Canadians, and now they would be helping them defend it.
  9. F

Temperature and Infantry

Russia's weather is surprisingly a lot like Canada's weather, and we do just fine over here. It's not that hard to deal with, you just need to be prepared. As for the weather affecting the game, even the barrels heating/cooling faster kind of bothers me. I really don't like when complications...
  10. F

What will you make avoid buying this game?

I'm a little worried about the stats progression system. For one, I'm left wondering why it's even there in the first place... but regardless, after playing Killing Floor and being disappointed with how long it takes to raise your levels (150 hours in and only one level 6 class), I am a bit...
  11. F

Earning Levels Takes Too Long

Though not a complete solution, it is still better than the current situation. It would be a more incremental system. Also gives us an excuse to have player "badges" in three colours as opposed to two :P
  12. F

I disagree, 200 hours is more than enough to make a good player. You guys are either seriously underestimating people or seriously overestimating the difficulty of KF. I love KF and it is a challenging game, but after 150 hours I imagine only a retard would fail to understand the nuances of...
  13. F

Well Steeps, let me start by saying I agree almost entirely. There is no better way to explain it than by saying "What you say makes sense". This really wouldn't be a problem for me, but with my friends all at level 6 for everything and playing on Suicidal/HoE, I'm stuck playing Sharpshooter or...
  14. F

I have 147 hours in Killing Floor. I have 1 6th level perk (Sharpshooter) and 1 5th level (Medic). The rest are 3 and below. Why does it take so long? This game feels like a grind all the time. My friends, who have a lot more free time, have 6's across the board. If I want to play with them, I...
  15. F

Improvements that would safe lots of nerves for players.

The second pistol thing is pretty damn annoying and I can't think of anyone here who would ever debate that. The pipebombs though? That's your problem. Clearly you are not using them properly if they're exploding in your face.
  16. F

"Energy & Bio-Chemical" Perks

Military flamethrowers shoot pressurized flammable liquid/gel out to 50 meters or more. And that's a handheld one. The vehicle mounted ones are even crazier.
  17. F

Bren Gun - How can it work? If it can, Yes or No?

Which class is supposed to use the big guns? Is that class supposed to be able to choose engagement type and range? How does this work with other class weapons? This weapon and the difficulties classifying it make me think that the classes in this game need to be redesigned completely.
  18. F

TWI, choose the release date carefully...

I don't think it matters honestly. The Red Orchestra fanbase is a bit of a niche one... without advertising or at least some gaming site coverage (though the PC Gamer boost is awesome) I don't see this being a whole lot more successful than the last game.
  19. F

How the Berserker is overpowered...

Unit-05 is actually just damn good at the game in general, but as a berzerker and firebug he is among the best. I would consider what he had to say as well when making a judgement.