• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Murphy

[Game] Is someone willing to trade a SC 2 account ?

StarCraft 2, would be my guess.
  2. Murphy

Final Map KF-Devoid

Looks fantastic!
  3. Murphy

My brother is getting married - I am out of the office

Haha, congratulations!:D
  4. Murphy

Level Design How can i found dimension from my brush

Hold shift and your middle-mouse button and drag the cursor to measure distances in the editor. Default for cubes is 256
  5. Murphy

Level Design Blocking volume for zombies, not players

Take a BlockingVolume, set bClassBlocker to True (this disables the regular collision settings and makes it block only the selected classes) and add the class "KFMonster".
  6. Murphy

Level Design JumpPoint tips for zeds

JumpSpots mark the destination for jumps. They have some extra options that let the AI know to use special jumps, if needed, such as double jumps in UT2kx. After you rebuild paths pathnodes should automatically connect to them where it's sensible. If not, look at the Name of the JumpSpot (NOT...
  7. Murphy

Steam summer sale 2014

Broken Sword 5 for 50% off. It's gorgeous.
  8. Murphy

[Image] old picture R.I.P.

I like the fitting addition of a "tripwire" laser.
  9. Murphy

Games too detailed?

It's a matter of design (color palette, visual noise and clutter..), not detail-count. I remember hiding, and enemies hiding from me, in the old Ghost Recon and that really wasn't a game I would call overly detailed.
  10. Murphy

Level Design Problem opening maps in sdk

View -> Viewports -> Configure... -> Ok :)
  11. Murphy

Level Design The big inspiration thread!

http://imgur.com/a/DddmZ?gallery#0 722 photos of abandoned places in the area around Chernobyl.
  12. Murphy

Titanfall

Yeah, it looks pretty cool. I don't understand though, why games insist on mixing high mobility with CoD-like weapons! Like Brink, or now Titanfall. Why not go with weaponry more akin to the likes of Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament? Seems to me that those would benefit much more from the advanced...
  13. Murphy

[Game] Lords of the Fallen - An european Dark Souls?

Ooooh! Might be one of those games worth looking forward to!! Thanks, Fed!
  14. Murphy

[Game] Tabletop Simulator

Took inspiration from a certain Wolfire Games game, did we?:p Desperate Gods - Design Overview - YouTube I appreciate it. I've actually been looking forward to something like this that is moddable/customizable so you can virtualize whatever game you want. Very cool.
  15. Murphy

[Game] Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Realistic medieval sandbox RPG)

This looks like something I've always wanted! :3 Not too sure about the wacky combat mechanics, tbh, because so far my favorite games were simply combo based, with stun and knock-down and invincibility frames.. like Ninja Gaiden or something like Dragon's Dogma. To me that not only felt better...
  16. Murphy

[Game] Company of Heroes 2

So the game is hilarious, is what you guys are saying?:p
  17. Murphy

Level Design (help) transparent walls?

Create a translucent image in a program such as Photoshop, Gimp or even something as simple as Paint.NET and import it following this guide: http://liandri.darkbb.com/t75-importing-textures
  18. Murphy

Level Design [Help]Mirrored Textures

As far as I know it only makes the game not work on certain ancient graphics cards. They were recent enough for UT99 and still a possibility on the lower end users when UT2003 came out, I suppose. I'm fairly sure that's the only reason it defaults to False. To ensure maximal compatibility...
  19. Murphy

The "anything" thread

What he said! Welcome back!
  20. Murphy

Level Design [Help]Mirrored Textures

Don't they only work ingame if the UseStencil setting in the ini is changed from its default to True? I'm not sure you can expect this from players. Barely from players who download the map manually, even less from the workshop people and not at all from someone who got it from playing on a...