• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Rhenna

KF Is there life in the old girl yet? Total Conversion feedback please.

Wow. I wish I would have returned from the far-side of Neptune sooner to post a more timely addition to this thread. (Neptune is over-rated, by the way.) Should you continue with development? All I can say is that, hopefully, one does something like this simply because you want to. You enjoy...
  2. Rhenna

Over a week in - Things we love and things we hate?

Just a few things I'm not too pleased with. The 9mm pistol just isn't what it used to be. And, not in a good way, either. I dunno, it just doesn't seem like the precise trash-killing jammie it was. The so-called "9mm Varmint Rifle" is about one step up from a pointy stick. I'd rename it the...
  3. Rhenna

Teleporting Zeds Are A Game Balance Issue

It seems possible to me that, perhaps, this teleportation thing was added due to the maps being as large and complex as they are. Since the survivors can sprint now, and there are far-away places to sprint to, it would be pretty easy to leave the horde way behind. Nobody would like that for very...
  4. Rhenna

Anybody else finds teleporting zeds stupid?

I guess can see some sort of merit behind this teleportation thing, but I also feel it seems awfully artificial and contrived. If it is supposed to be a cure for stuck zeds, the answer to that is simply better pathing and play-testing before a map goes live. I can remember several of Epic's maps...
  5. Rhenna

VOTE Weapon wishlist

Wow! I like this list quite a bit. Put me down for these and the Ruger Mini-30 for a (not quite) battle rifle. Yeah, the M1911A1 and the plain-jane AMT are essentially the same, but I'm guessin' SlantSix meant the AMT jammie with the 7-inch barrel.
  6. Rhenna

KF I want more guns (non DLC's!)

I want a JU-87 Stuka. No, wait! A steampunk JU-87 Stuka! It would be off-the-hook in KF-BioticsLab. Methinks the only new guns you'll see in this game will continue to be delivered via the Steam Workshop.
  7. Rhenna

Help! I need the minimum system requirement for KF2!

Well, you are, of course, quite correct regarding the "107" variant being based on Kepler, rather than Fermi. Apparently, there was a little more bourbon left in that bottle last night than I first realized. (That seems to be a recurring problem.) In any case, from a graphics card standpoint, I...
  8. Rhenna

Help! I need the minimum system requirement for KF2!

Firstly, I believe I know about this LGA 771 to LGA 775 "conversion" you're speaking of, and I would advise you to be very, very careful; most LGA 775 motherboards have a BIOS that knows absolutely nothing about XEONs, not to mention that the E5450 was intended to be paired with the Intel...
  9. Rhenna

KF Favourite Song

1. Containment Breach 2. Containment Breach 3. Containment Breach
  10. Rhenna

KF Late joiners

My hero!
  11. Rhenna

KF Those weapons nobody uses

I must say that I'm a bit surprised that the LAW hasn't been received some scrutiny within this thread. Even on a relatively "open" map, I rarely see anyone choose it. And, it's perfectly understandable that, in a tight, close-quarters environment, it just isn't the right tool for the job. I...
  12. Rhenna

KF KF2 found on steam? Is this legit? (Reddit)

They messed-up again... Should have gone straight to KF3 on Unreal Engine 4, to set-up the franchise reboot on UE 5, 'cause KF2 on UE 3 is just the prequel to KF on UE 2. Unless, the Steam listing is just an intentional smokescreen for RO3. Yeah... Clever. Very clever.
  13. Rhenna

Skip function for KFO speech and Trader wait time and Increase Perk to Gold 5 Stars

Actually, I feel it would be best that, at the precise moment when a player crosses over into The Beyond, all indications of rank and stature would completely and forever vanish! Yes, just disappear! For what use are such vain, earthly distractions to a warrior whose kung fu is this strong? A...
  14. Rhenna

Tired of Clot Spawning Directly Behind Me

Isn't it also true that the specimens can move several times their normal speed if no player has them within their line-of-sight? (Or, was that just something Jim Beam whispered in my ear?)
  15. Rhenna

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Season's Greetings, best wishes & full magazines to all survivors!
  16. Rhenna

Idea to make the LAW a bit better

A little something to give the LAW a tiny refresh, and perhaps see it on the battlefield somewhat more often? Well, since one must use the optical sight to fire the weapon, how about giving the LAW's optics an IR (Infra-Red) capability? Consider: Now! Not only see the Stalkers and the...
  17. Rhenna

KF Help me improve loading screen hints

How about: "New to Killing Floor? Check the difficulty setting in the multi-player server browser before joining a match. "Suicidal" and "Hell On Earth" difficulties are each as tough as their names imply!" OK, maybe not short and sweet. But, a good bit of advice.
  18. Rhenna

Balance and Base Damage

An interesting proposal. Is the distinction between handguns and long guns necessary? Also, as long as we're discussing headshot damage code, I'd rather get something even more elementary straightened out first: ActualZedHeadHitbox = DisplayedZedHead
  19. Rhenna

When someone has an aneurysm, drop their wallet.

Well, "magically" distributing a disconnected player's cash may be too, well, magical, but, having a wallet lying on the floor with, say,
  20. Rhenna

'safe area' maps

Really? I wonder if there is even a single path node in that "arena"? And, what do you suppose the medkits are for?