• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. J

Level Design Level Design Assets and Tutorials Reference Thread

This is a general reference thread for Tutorials, Textures, Models and Tools. Know any good places? List them here. This thread is to help aspiring level designers who may not know where to go or where to start for tutorials, custom textures, tools and models. As always, respect the wishes...
  2. J

2D Art nDo Normal Map Toolset for Photoshop

http://www.cgted.com/ Incredible addition to Photoshop. I was happy with xNormal and Nvidias plugin but this toolset is a must have. From adding in little details to your meshes with complete control, to creating full accurate textures. Everything is run from the actions...
  3. J

Vac Banned

Ive seen many players let alone server admins who are vac banned. Which means nothing in KF. Why are servers VAC secured if they don't work? I personally dont want to play with a hacker, someone whos dled his/her skills. Is this something we can patch in the next update? If youve been vac...
  4. J

Level Design "Guide" Combiners/TexPanners/Shaders Specular and Self Illum Masks

Ive been debating on making a guide for the mentioned materials. Mainly for putting a reflection on your texture or making part of a texture Illuminate and in some cases you may want to make the textures illumination "move" so to speak. These details can really bring a surface and your map to...
  5. J

Gtx 295

When I have the drivers installed from the stock cd that came with this card, KF is perfect. In order for me to use many different programs, an update is indeed required. Once updated, kf is fine but Firebugs fire lags me like total hell. Only the fire though nothing else. Does anyone with...
  6. J

Level Design Map Makers

Is the map making community dead? Aside from Filths and Murphys recent post, I dont see any skilled mappers contributing. Personally I dont want to see any remakes or redones or diff versions of old stock maps. Im more into new and exciting content. L4d2 comes to mind atm, where they...
  7. J

2D Art SciFi Textures

Looking for Sci Fi Textures free or not. I dont mind paying for good textures. If anyone could shoot me a link thatd be awesome. Dexsoft is one ive been to and purchased from and Ive been to others but just havent found anything really all that great. I wont buy from TurboSquid or sites like...
  8. J

The real KF Pros?

Was checking my server... lulz wtf is that...?
  9. J

Level Design Specularity Masks*

resolved.
  10. J

Level Design Help : Scripted Triggers

Resolved.
  11. J

3D & Animation 3D Modeling Programs

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good free modeling program other than Blender?