• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

I do not like the LAR.

No, must be something new. I specifically remember it never having headshots, because it was cool when games started doing that. I tried it on Quake Live with the machinegun, 5 damage hits for body and head.
  2. R

I do not like the LAR.

I know plenty about the Quake series, considering I grew up playing it. I've been gaming for damn near 30 years. Quake doesn't even have headshots, so much for aiming skill. I had no problem with the movement, learning pickups, maps, ect. The videos you showed were about how I played, movement...
  3. R

VS siren pull is cheapass garbage

I did L4D for a couple of hours, it was boring as hell. I always stay with the team, but sometimes everyone is occupied. Like I said, the problem boils down to not having control of your player at all times. You need to be able to react and fix a problem, not just stand there and do nothing...
  4. R

Controllers: Greatly Improved, Minor Issues Remain

I like the melee on PS4, pushing in the thumbstick to use it. Not sure about how the PC version is set up, though. I play games on PS4 with some friends occasionally, and had many drunken nights playing Halo back in the day. While controllers are much better than they used to be, I find a...
  5. R

I do not like the LAR.

I grew up playing Quake, but didn't care for the multiplayer because it was more about who had the bigger gun than who had the most skill. Quake 3 was especially bad about this, you were screwed with the starting machinegun, which took 20 bullets to kill a player with 100 health and no armor...
  6. R

The problem is, it takes away player control, which is bad. A player should always be able to use skill to get out of a situation. If you are just stuck, getting health drained, then it's cheap as hell because there is nothing you can do about it. I understand teamwork, but there should always...
  7. R

Wonder why they thought this would be a good idea. Sit there and can't do anything, taking player control is never a good thing in a game. That, and the exploding crawlers. Other than that, seems ok so far.
  8. R

VS Survival first thoughts

The siren pull ability seems cheap as hell, same with bloat mines. Everything else seems mostly ok for now.
  9. R

KF 1024 Update

Any plans on fixing the slow weapon swap speed? This has been an issue for the whole game.
  10. R

I think this game has turned me into a metal head

Love all those bands, especially Overkill and Kalmah, I lean more towards black these days though, some of my favorite bands are Nokturnal Mortum, Dissection, Behemoth(though that's mostly blackened death), Satanic Warmaster, and too many others to name. Some other good ones that I'm not sure...
  11. R

PC 1015 Bugs & Undocumented Changes

I had weapons disappear in trader with gunslinger, but my weight still showed 14/15. Even the 9mm was gone, just had dual 500s and a single revolver, this was fixed when I died. Also, new 9mm sound really sucks.
  12. R

WWAUT - What To Bring To A Gunfight

I know what the difference is. A jam is really easy to fix, like I said. It's also rare enough not to be an issue, and something training can easily fix. The only benefit a revolver has is if you need it for a niche application and use something super heavy like a .454 or .500, otherwise semis...
  13. R

Modern semis are far less prone to jamming than people think. I've been shooting for years, and it's happened maybe twice, other than cheap .22 ammo which isn't what we are discussing, also, that is where training comes in. I purposely practiced jam clearing drills by having a friend randomly...
  14. R

Actually, with modern engineering and metallurgy, a modern semi is sturdier and more reliable. And there are plenty of things that can go wrong with revolvers, they aren't as simple as they appear. There is a guy in guns and ammo that has over 300K rounds through a glock 17 over about 20 years...
  15. R

Optimization

I have an I7 2GHz, with an Nvidia 560M 3GB card and 12GB RAM, and it runs fine on medium, even when things get intense. I have had some lag on HoE with a FB and a lot of things blowing up around me, but it usually runs fine on high on suicidal. It's an ASUS gaming laptop, pretty old.
  16. R

I'd like to know: Whose idea was it to implement Demon Hunter in KF2?

It's more light rock compared to actual metal bands like Marduk and Slayer.
  17. R

micro gun OP?

A firebug needs heatwave on sui and hoe, it has saved me so many times. Gorefasts don't die easily to the caulk, for example. I agree that the MW is pretty OP though, I never use it, the model is huge and bulky, and the beam makes it hard to see, though to be fair, the flamethrowers somewhat...
  18. R

Berzerker is OP now, so how do you want to fix it?

I always headshot when I use pulverizer.
  19. R

Tactics Fleshpound Solo Suicidal Support AA12 Takedown

Every time I play support, I'm usually thinking that I'm far more effective in that situation with a rifle. I do ok, but far better as commando. Not the FP situation, I mean whatever else I happen to be fighting a lot. Seems kind of a waste to kill 3 or 4 enemies with a shell when I can do the...
  20. R

Berzerker is OP now, so how do you want to fix it?

I've been playing zerker since the update, and it doesn't feel op. I'm usually not even top of my team, 6 man suicidal as a lvl 25 berzerker. I don't do the wall or run off, either though. Usually just stick with the team and kill heavies, and use nailgun on trash. Usually end up with around...