• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

Reading over your proposed feature list I'm liking the idea and I've got a couple of suggestions to add for discussion: 1) Would it be possible to create a separate "MG squad" or 2 for each team? Obviously this would need to depend on the team size & number of MGs available under the new weapon...
  2. A

Tactics Is the AVT 40 useful?

I don't know about everyone else but I've found the key to using the AVT (for me anyway) is to make sure the gun is rested as often as possible and then try to control your ammo usage by firing 2-3 shot bursts. If you go full-auto in close-quarters the rof & recoil on that gun is far too high to...
  3. A

Something positive for a change

give it 6 months worth of patches and RO2 is going to be incredible. I know there's an argument that says better to delay 6 months than spend 6 months patching but still, there will always be bugs that slip through the net while testing. Same as RO1 really. I think everyone who played the mod...
  4. A

G41 Scoped

I just tried using the scoped g41 in the german SP campaign and it feels like it's going to take ALOT of getting used to. Where you go to aim and where your aimpoint actually is seem to be completely out. I generally find that I'm aiming well below my target's legs even out past 50-75m for some...
  5. A

campaign impossible to beat

Just ran into that one myself, seems that all artillery rounds of any type (mortars/guns/rockets) explode at roof / treetop-height. I assume the trigger to advance the mission is the artillery butchering the soviet troops in the village so that's why the mission is currently not completable for...
  6. A

[Crash] Crash on startup after latest update

same here. I'm not getting a dump file and the launch.log is empty but the log file seems to update with the last modified time being accurate.
  7. A

List of possible bugs

I had this when I loaded up the beta from steam the first 2 times - when I loaded up the server browser from the game main menu my CPU usage went to 25-40% (quad-core so approx 1-2 cores usage) and then the game crashed. Since joining a server through my steam friends list I have been unable to...
  8. A

Free Fall Booster Pack now available on Steam

I suspect I speak for most people if not everyone when I say thank you for tweaking the MGs. The difference in their lethality now is well, impressive to say the least. Should give riflemen a far harder time trying to plug a well entrenched MG now:cool:
  9. A

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 September Free Update now available!

Can't wait to start insulting the germans with the new & improved russian voices! Well done devs
  10. A

Tower Of Power!

This is true, but to really pull that off you're going to be rather exposed while setting up the tower, and lacking in man-power in other areas so i'd say that the advantage there is mixed.
  11. A

face under stairwell in basvoka

I notice nothing's been said about the old "redeemer" egg in hedgehog... Got a problem with that russian sniper? nuke em!
  12. A

Tactics Russian Inf. vs. German Halftracks

believe me, HT passengers are NOT invulnerable! I suggest finding that map (Makhnovo) online and setting up as an MG in the first-story windows of the farmhosue as I described above. Unless you are rather unlucky you should get at least one kill by opening up on the troop compartment as the HTs...
  13. A

Tactics Russian Inf. vs. German Halftracks

A high vantage point and a machine gun works wonders in solving that kind of problem. I can't remember the map but I was playing a custom where the russians have to defend a farm, train station and another objective which I can't remember right now. The russians are all on foot but the Germans...
  14. A

Bring Back He Nades For Commander!

Personally I'd say keep with the way things are currently - the job of the squad leader is to lead the team and to help it complete it's objectives, not to just be another SMG on the firing line. From experience I'd say a decent squad leader is crucial on maps like Odessa, Basovka and Krasnyi...
  15. A

stg 44, what r.o. maps have those?

If I remember correctly the StG used the same kind of rounds (8mm mauser) as the K98 but to help control the recoil the round was shortened so you would not have the same kind of power behind the shot. In a similar way the FG42 was set to use standard mauser ammunition which made it an utter...
  16. A

My friend said this game was dumb!

Based on such an eloquent and obviously thoroughly unbiased opinion I think we all have no option but to uninstall the game, delete Steam from our PCs and then mass-march on TW to demand our money back!!!
  17. A

Tactics Russian Infantry Charges... Where are they?

I was playing snowy forest last night (think it was the fullmj server off the top of my head) and the germans were doing a good job of holding the first line of defence. After a while I managed to get around their flank and I stabbed two guys in the first bunker, another one in a shell hole next...
  18. A

Tactics where do i learn about artiliary and aiming with tanks?

The numbers in the bottom right corner of the screen is the range you've set your gun at to compensate for shell drop. As for working out distance I'm told that you can use map grid references to approximate distance (I think it's soemthing like one map cell = 200m or something along those...
  19. A

Future RO fronts

It's one thing saying where you want to see the game going in the future, but on the basis that the pacific theatre isn't part of the "eastern front" I'd say you'll be waiting a while unless you're prepared to get your hands dirty...
  20. A

Future RO fronts

if you want to see it then mod it in - as an example I would point to the burning sands mod (north afrika theatre)