• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Richey79

What We Are Up To - Gearing up for the next major RO 2 Update

My Steam's wanting to DL a 4 gig patch. I already have the GOTY patch - is this just Steam working as usual, or has another patch been released?
  2. Richey79

Eternal Winter: The Love and Lies of Stalingrad

'wipping my brilliant red hair that is herditory by my family and passed down like old pants except its not pants its hair' :confused::eek::confused:
  3. Richey79

Why is classic mode so dead?

This guy is exactly right. Source: I average about 40 miles running each week. I have an excellent diet, which includes various nutritional supplements; I sleep a minimum of 7 hours and a maximum of 8 per day; I cross-train with swimming and weights. I follow a training routine that includes...
  4. Richey79

If you have no friends to gift guest passes to......

If Steam ever gives me any, I'll know where to pass them on. At least Ramm's looking into it.
  5. Richey79

Classic...my verdict.

Finally got round to installing GOTYE; never tried the beta. Played some 'classic' mode on the 40:1 server. Verdict: 100% better. A different game. Thanks for the extra work TWI, I'll start playing again, as long as there are some classic servers up (I'm sure there'll be a few regulars in...
  6. Richey79

Flipping exciting. This is more important than my Uni work

Ditto. The only reason I even bother visiting the forum any more.
  7. Richey79

Dropping the DLC-bomb

They're very reasonable points, but I can't justify spending money on a mod when I've no idea how long there'll be a decent player base for it. Maybe people will come back to a RO2 mod if it looks very good and the maps / gameplay are closer to how people wanted them in a RO sequel. Maybe not...
  8. Richey79

Twi please advertise beta

I'm getting a bit fed up of waiting for classic mode to be released, but with the amount of time that has elapsed, I'm hoping TWI have got a plan in place and this is all part of the roadmap.
  9. Richey79

When does the next update come?

Cheers for the explanation, Yosh.
  10. Richey79

Community poll

I enjoyed the game fairly well (oddly, more in beta than after), but I can't help but feel that I would have been happier with ROOST with better graphics and a couple of new engine features.
  11. Richey79

Can I really believe this?

They introduced proper recoil in a later patch. Perhaps time to reinstall and give the game another chance? Bis post-release support for that game is the best that I know of out of any non-subscription based game ever made. I agree the campaign was terrible (the free Eagle Wing add-on was much...
  12. Richey79

Threads closed, but I don't see an open thread about Acton Mode?

Could you point me in its direction, please? Surely this is important enough to be discussed in the General Discussion area?
  13. Richey79

Help! Bt homehub.

In my experience, the fix for the in-game browser that used to work stopped being effective some time ago. You may need to apply the older fix (just use Das Bose's link), then in Steam go to 'view' -> 'servers' and change the filter to RO2 servers. You can choose a server, click 'join' and the...
  14. Richey79

few new screens from in country mod

I don't visit the modding forums often, so posts like this are useful and enjoyable to me.
  15. Richey79

Clocks

Yes, I enjoyed the working clocks and watches in Black Ops. It's the little touches that add so much...
  16. Richey79

Just on my way out..

This thread made me feel pretty unhopeful about the game's future. I think there a lot of people like the OP, with 1.5 thousand posts on this forum who are now thinking about leaving the game. I now find it very hard to find a server that has more than 10 players on it: combination of lack of...
  17. Richey79

Pavlov was a man, not a woman....

Comrade Ivan said 'Za Stalina'. Send Comrade Ivan straight to the Gulag! Iosif Dzhugashvili is glorious Man of Steel, not lady boy!
  18. Richey79

new map servers empty

I'd love to help populate custom map servers. However, download by server redirect currently kicks me from the server every time. I can give some bandwidth to DLing these things, but not the TWI beta version of the game, nor multiple beta versions of a map that'll be updated every few days...
  19. Richey79

I live RO2.

Nicely trolled, Olivier. :p Just click through 'send Olivier a message via Steam' and then 'view Oliver's Steam ID page'. CRTs used to make me feel dizzy and sick. Glad to have got rid of mine long ago.
  20. Richey79

Medic Class - Is it feasible?

Pace of play in this game is way too fast for such an idea, at least until we have a wider range of community maps and mods. Have to say, I do miss the Arma / RO1 feeling that you genuinely want to keep your character alive. Problem's even worse with 9/10 servers running with suicidal...