• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Server Recommended place to buy dedicated servers used

Sorry, I forgot I had made this post. As much as I appreciate the offer, I live in the US and that would kill me on shipping. Also due to the limitations of my available colocation servers, I require rackmount servers.
  2. M

Server Recommended place to buy dedicated servers used

Looking to buy something used with an e3, i5, or i7 to purchase that will be good enough to run a 64 slot server since my current server does not cut it for RS2. Anyone know a good place that does prebuilt servers or used servers? Dell, HP, and Lenovo are all pretty expensive for new and...
  3. M

Server Suddenly high latency in all servers

Yep packet loss was on Level3's (the tier 1 for the server) end. They apparently had routes all across the american southwest completely ****ed up. Good lord they are the worst tier 1 I have dealt with. I have to deal with them at work and they are constantly doing route and signal changes that...
  4. M

Intel 82576 dual gigabit NIC. I have all management and non game server traffic on one port and all traffic for the game servers on the second. Peak data usage with all servers full is 13 Mbit/s. All settings are set to default and drivers have not changed in the entire time I have been hosting...
  5. M

Good idea. Will try. Also have discovered that my server is having minor packet loss issues at carrier from my location after finally getting my modem replaced with one that doesn't seem to be dropping packets like it's hot. May have to have a big fight with provider >_<
  6. M

I would buy that, but once again, server was handling about 210 people connected to it across all of the RS2 servers I host during the ENTIRETY of beta with 0 of these issues. This problem literally started out of nowhere after hosting servers throughout first beta wave the released server files...
  7. M

30% across 8 cores. I have a dual processor server. And no individual core is being held up in resource monitor. Also, yet again this problem started a week and a half ago with ZERO hardware or software changes. Literally just started happening across all servers in the middle of a match one day...
  8. M

The thing is though, it's not just my servers having issues. It's multiple servers across the board. Something is going ****y. Also I am hosting 4 64 slot servers and one 16 slot on a box with dual x5570s at 2.93ghz, I doubt it is a problem of not having the CPU power since the stable running...
  9. M

Hey all, I have heard this report from several members of multiple communities, but some time last week every person that connects to any of my servers and several other servers on the west coast has a base ping of around 100ms. I even have a base ping of 100 in my own server which is hosted in...
  10. M

Server Hosting Guides

You have to be signed into steam CMD as an account that owns the game I believe.
  11. M

Server Reserve Slots Question

No problem, glad it helped. Also, thank you for the reply.
  12. M

Have you gotten it to work on any of your servers? No matter what combo of settings I use, it doesn't seem to kick.
  13. M

Alright. Set a test server up with 2 slots and unlimited spectators. Member settings are as below: http://imgur.com/a/xvxvy Here is log readout for ROMembers: [0079.87] ROMembers: Login: Player=EvilRussianBear; Idx=-1; #P=0; #S=0; #M=0 [0079.88] ROMembers: PostLogin: Player=EvilRussianBear...
  14. M

Server Hosting Guides

There is no guide currently. But it's pretty much exactly the same as RS/RO2. Only some slight differences. I am too lazy to write up guide.
  15. M

That is not the function of reserved slots, but you could theoretically use admin to force switch people to other teams.
  16. M

Server Launching Server Issues

start .\Binaries\win64\vngame VNTE-CuChi?minplayers=0?maxplayers=64?port=XXXX?querypo rt=XXXX?webadminport=XXXX -seekfreeloadingserver See above. I don't use BAT files, but I think that adding in parameters works the same as the method I use. Not sure why queryport keeps adding a space in, but...
  17. M

Server Steam is required to play error?

Don't know if the last bit is required, but I have VNTE-CuChi?minplayers=0?maxplayers=64?port=XXXX?querypo rt=XXXX?webadminport=XXXX -seekfreeloadingserver as my startup code and it is working. Everything else, I just configured through webadmin or through configs when I got the base server up...
  18. M

Server Any Support or are we on our own here?

I may not be a tripwire rep, but if you add me on steam I can try to help you out a bit. I am currently running several servers with almost no issues. My steam name is MallicSmith and the avatar is of a husky jumping over some snow.
  19. M

Server Launching Server Issues

What are you using for your startup? Are you using a BAT file? Are you using something like firedaemon or serverdoc? Can we see what you have as your startup code? Also, not that I know whether this is actually an issue or not, but I noticed you have a space in your file directory path for...
  20. M

Alright will grab this next time I have a chance. Unfortunately I didn't have time to set up a small secondary server for testing this weekend. Will probably have to wait until launch to test. Kind of hard to test with bloated log files from my almost permanently full production servers.