• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

[Error] Static MGs Not Showing

About 1/2 the time I play, the static MGs don't show once "mounted". The dissapear, but can still be fired. I have most recently seen this on the Commisars House as Soviet on the right hand MG. I will try to repro. I've seen it (or rather not seen it) twice now.
  2. F

Player Name-Where to Set?

RO2 set my player name as part of some random entry or Steam name- how do we set our old RO player names so that's what we get in game in MP? I can't find the option anywhere.
  3. F

[Error] AI Tank Commanders Unbuttoning Bug

Catagory: Code, animation 1) Join a server with map TE-gumrak or TE Fallen Fighters 2) Switch to commander position, do not open hatch. 3) Switch to driver position. 4) Have another tester verify that commander is un-buttoned (hatch open). Reproducibility: Always (in my experience) Summary...
  4. F

Time Warp-Update News-Dec 31, 1969

In addition to the connectivity problems a few others are having, I just tried to get the newest update. It wouldn't show up, and when I checked the update news for RO, it was blank, and read the date Dec 31st, 1969 on it. Anything I can do to reset my ability to update via Steam?
  5. F

Re-install?

Steam keeps trying to get me to reinstall RO. I checked the files in my Steam folder, and everything is where it should be. Anyone else seeing this sudden oddity? If it continues, I'll reinstall-but that's a real pain.
  6. F

Shooting friendlies at spawn point

What is it with this? It seems to be happening a lot more in the last week or two. People either winging friendlies in the arm or leg, or worse-TK'ing them. I see a lot of this. It just happened again (thanks "The Lep"-your TK skillz rule). And this was on a so called "realism" server. For...
  7. F

Good review of AFV tactics in RO:Ost

A very good review of what works and what doesn't in tank combat: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/articles.php?p=2551&page=1&cat=59 The wish list is dead on. The need for smoke dischargers especially!
  8. F

Offer tank maps as infantry maps

I'd love to see Arad(and the other traditionally tank maps) as an infantry only map. This would make for some less cramped infantry fighting. Rifles and supression would play out in new, interesting ways. It would require some teamwork to attack the far flung objectives, so that might be...
  9. F

X Commandments of RO:Ost

I. Teamwork in all things II. Thou shalt give support to MG troopers and snipers. Thou shalt not shirk thine duty. III. Thou shalt not TK puposefully. IV. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors shooting position. Findest your own. V. Infantry shall attempt to flank. "Hey diddle diddle...
  10. F

An old geezers take on ROOST

I've been wargaming and studying this period of history for over 20 years now. I'm endlessly interested in it. I was excited when I saw there was going to be a full blown retail game of RO on the Wargamer.com site last year. The reality of the game exceeds my hopes. It's truly a great game...
  11. F

Bots and vehicles

Just wondering if the AI bots will be able to crew the AFV's with any degree of skill in offline mode. Any other comments on how well the bots operate welcomed as well. And yes, I will be playing MP mostly-but as a warm up, it's gonna be important.