• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. GrimReality

Defensive Spawns - Too far away?

I'd like to understand the philosophy behind the spawn locations, relative to the Territory zones in this game. Mind you I came to RO2 without any prior RO gaming experience, so maybe this is normal for most of you, but it drives me nuts. It seems to me, that a team on defense should spawn...
  2. GrimReality

3D & Animation double sided mesh?

I'm trying to work on custom Russian and German flags for RO2 and I'm using a polygonal plane in Maya 2011 to model it. The problem I'm having is that when I export it as an FBX, and import that FBX into the SDK the flag is only visible from the front, and it's invisible from the back. Note: in...
  3. GrimReality

[Info] Please use the title prefixes properly

This thread is for everybody posting in this forum. The current prefixes & their uses: (no prefix) - For those miscellaneous reports, questions, and comments. [Fix] - Use when you have FOUND a way to fix something, not when you're asking how to fix something. [Question] - Use when you have...
  4. GrimReality

3D & Animation How can I share my prefabs for others to use?

Firstly, I realize I might be going about this all wrong from the start...so I'll start at the beginning. Also, keep in mind that I'm completely inexperienced with the SDK/UDK or any other dev tools... all I know are Maya, a little Mudbox, and Adobe programs... I have a custom mesh, actually a...
  5. GrimReality

Classic FPS game types?

NOTE - when voting, please just vote based on your opinion on the game types themselves, not on what your opinions are as far as whether this should be a job for the TWI devs or for the modding community. I don't know about you guys but I miss some classic game types of past FPS's. I know RO2...
  6. GrimReality

Classic FPS game types?

EDIT: This post is a duplicate... please delete. Thank you.
  7. GrimReality

How about a tank kill assist?

So it often happens to me that I'll be whittling away at a tank, get some good solid hits that show visible damage, but then somebody else comes along and delivers the final blow, yet I am rewarded none for softening up the target. If I can register the slightest amount of measurable damage to...
  8. GrimReality

Disallow Roles or Weapons without unranking a server

As you may or may not be aware, there is a setting for server administrators to "disallow roles" and "disallow weapons" ...this is a built-in way for server to run without specified classes and/or weapons... so, for example, all the MKB/AVT haters could indeed play without the aggravation of...
  9. GrimReality

[Error] Auto Balance Bug

EDIT: THE CAUSE OF THIS BUG HAS BEEN FOUND: FIX FOR SERVER ADMINS: Maximum Team Difference must be set to 2 or more, if it is set to 1 it will cause this bug. --------------original post below---------------- So you get autobalanced to the other team, but when you respawn... -you spawn...
  10. GrimReality

[beta classic mode] Sprinting & Stamina

wrong forum...sorry...
  11. GrimReality

Server Can I limit class selection and set levels for everyone on my server?

Trying to set up our server for a scrimmage and to make things as fair as possible. I'd like to manually force a specific number of available classes per team, and set all player honor/class/weapon levels to their max, so as a server admin am I able to do this? Obviously this is will make the...
  12. GrimReality

Mutator request: Disable all auto-taunts

Playing through our first RO2 scrimmage a few days ago there are several little things that this game needs for server admins to be able to tweak that it currently doesn't allow for. High among those is disabling auto-taunts. A group of clanmates trying to work as a team to sneak around an...
  13. GrimReality

New forum for New Maps & Mods

How about a forum specifically for Modders and Mappers to announce the releases of their projects? Things tend to get lost in the General Discussion forum and likewise under the RO2:HOS Modifications section there's not really a great place to post or find final/beta release info on user projects.
  14. GrimReality

Simple Functionality - remember what I picked last

A relatively small suggestion here... Let's say I picked the Rifleman class and chose a specific rifle and specific pistol and we play and the map ends and the next one comes up, I then pick the Rifleman class again but I've got to again pick the rifle and the pistol again because it resets to...
  15. GrimReality

Funny Screenshots - Share Yours!

I call this one "Hanging Around" And not one TK!
  16. GrimReality

Single Player - Cannot get past the squad commands tutorial level

Playing on the single player campaign I cannot order my assault squad to attack the first objective (the tank), all it will allow me to do is order them to MOVE to that location, but not ATTACK. What am I doing wrong? Or is this some sort of glitch? screenshot...
  17. GrimReality

Firefight for Gumrak

I know TE is the main squeeze for most RO players, but I'd love to see Gumrak (and any future tank-only map) to allow the FF gametype. It seems to me that whenever Gumrak comes on it tends to end very quickly because either... (a) the players are new/inexperienced with tanks and just trying to...
  18. GrimReality

RO2: My Impression (warning, it's mostly positive)

Coming from a long time Call of Duty:United Offensive view point I find that I have an entirely different perspective on this game than the majority in this community. I get the sense that a very vocal minority of the RO crowd is somewhat akin to war reinactors... you know, the guys who dress...
  19. GrimReality

North, South, East, & West...

I know it has been suggested before, but I'm bringing it back up myself because frankly it needs to be done. Honestly I'm surprised that given the way this community is with realism and team tactics that this hasn't been harped on even more. How can we have a "compass" on our HUD and not have...
  20. GrimReality

Adjust spawn locations for defending team in TE

The most frustrating thing I find when I'm playing as the defending team on a TE map is having to sprint the entire way from my spawn point to get to the objective area that I'm supposed defend, and by the time I get there, the enemy has already capture it. This is most noticeable on Commissar's...