• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Server I can join my server, but I can't start a game

Hello, I just recently purchased a server from Gameservers.com, and I'm having a small problem. I can join the game no problem, but the lobby never opens up, I just stay floating through the map. I can join other servers and get into the lobby even when I'm alone, so it's obviously something on...
  2. G

Level Design How to edit the current maps

I tried to edit some of the settings for the maps but I really didn't find what I was looking for. Basically, I just want to take the existing maps and remove objectives and remove the lockdowns. I have come up against two issues; 1.) I think I need to upload the files as .upk, which is not...
  3. G

Testing on RO2 accuracy rates: Findings and conclusions on sway, fatigue, and zoom

I ran some tests yesterday to see just how good aiming in RO2 was. The purpose was to compare how fast I could get accurate shots on targets at different distances while standing. I watched a few youtube videos and noticed that people in those videos were taking 5 seconds and more to align their...
  4. G

The Unofficial Red Orchestra 2 SDK Wiki

I figured we get this bad boy started. I will post a video tutorial in a little bit giving a very basic introduction to how RO2 map levels work. http://redorchestra2.wikispaces.com/ Please feel free to get in there and start posting content. Together we can probably start massing up...
  5. G

Funny developer comments in the Src code files

Figure I'd try starting this thread and post any funny comments I have found so far while reading the SDK code. Here's a good one; File: ROWeaponAttachment.uc Line: 1858 if (WorldInfo.GRI.OnSameTeam(Owner, PC) && (VSizeSq(HearLocation - FireLocation) < 10000) { // Don't do a...
  6. G

Fire & Maneuver Realism Mod

Update: Apparently weapon load-outs are in fact done through code as defaults. I will add this to my mod features. They are in bold in the Weapon Systems Goal The purpose of this mod is to modify gameplay so fire and maneuver tactics can work on a public server or private unit match, provided...
  7. G

Code Where is the code for the suppression effects and other stuff...

I just browsed a good 400+ .uc files and could not find anything that sounded like it has to do with the suppression effects. There was one that gave a morale bonus when near a Hero (ROHUDWidgetHeroSuppressionBonusIndicator) and I'm definitely going to be referring to that one cause I am...
  8. G

Questions about a COOP mod

I would like to make a mod that is COOP based. My main question is related to AI/Player ratio. Can I have a maximum of 64 total AI enemies and players or does AI enemies relieve the strain on the performance to the point where I can stretch the amount of either AI or players in the server...
  9. G

The cover system, some simple suggestions to make it really effective

I have to say that I enjoy having a cover system, however, there are a few tweaks that I think will help it shine a bit more. There are two basic types of cover in this game, as far as I'm concerned; down-up cover and side-side cover. My terms just basically describe how you get in and out of...
  10. G

Extremely slow loading maps...

My wait time for loading any map is loooooonnnnnnngggggg. Usually takes me about 4-5 minutes to load a map. Laptop Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz ATI 2600 HD Mobile 4 GB RAM 200 GB HD Vista Home Premium 64-bit I know my laptop is crap but these load times don't seem normal. I load other games fine...
  11. G

[Error] Unable to play the single player.

So far I have been able to play the multiplayer just fine, except for the fact that the browser stutters quite a bit when the servers list is being populated and that map load times are unbearable for me. I have a crap laptop so it's to be expected. But I cannot seem to play the singleplayer. I...
  12. G

Please allow server owners to adjust the suppression effects

It has come to my attention that the community is split on what type of suppression effects should occur when you get shot at. It is of my opinion that a video game will never reproduce the stressful combat situations that would force them to behave like a real soldier. To force players to...