• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Crusher

Steam summer sale 2014

So far I'm not really impressed by the discounts going on, while past year 75% was all over the place for now it seems a lot of games have a smaller discount or aren't even discounted at all. Multiple games had better discounts in the past during midweek madness sales or previous winter or...
  2. Crusher

Tropico 5

I really liked Tropico 4 and I was surprised to find out Tropico 5 is available for pre-order today, I never heard any news about it until now. I can only find a trailer of it, I hope that's not a bad sign. http://store.steampowered.com/app/245620/
  3. Crusher

Maturity in games

As I've said in my "complaints about gaming today" thread most games lack maturity. I didn't want to derail the threat completely so I decided to make a new one about it. I can understand a lot of games are focused at teenagers, they play the most and they are the easiest to convince to buy a...
  4. Crusher

Let's complain about gaming today

1. You can't quickly open a game and start playing anymore, sure Steam is great but if you don't have it open it takes a while for a game to start, that and a lot of games have a bunch of useless features like collecting hats or skins that just get in the way of the game itself. 2. Progression...
  5. Crusher

Games too detailed?

Am I the only one who misses the time games were visually pretty simplistic. These days when I play a recent game I tend to get a data overload instantly and I can barely focus on the job at hand. The screen is full of details that are pretty to look at but just distract me from the actual game...
  6. Crusher

Steampowered slow these days

So for the past days the steam store and anything connected to steam has been very slow to load (a couple of minutes instead of seconds) and only if I'm lucky it manages to load roughly everything (besides some missing pics), other wise it only loads the text on a white background or it doesn't...
  7. Crusher

Gaming pc problems

My pc is from 2011. A week ago my graphics card crashed. There is a possibility I still have guarantee on it however it's possible I wont find the bill anymore which makes it impossible for me to take the guarantee. I hope however I will find the bill as it would remove the problem I have. If I...
  8. Crusher

[Game] What's your most favorite purchases of 2013

To counter the depressing "most disappointed purchase" we might as well have a "most favorite purchase" I've got a few Insane 2 Got in a bundle star, really fun arcadey racing game, didn't really expect it to be so much fun Brutal Doom Can't believe a mod can make me forget I'm playing a game...
  9. Crusher

Brutal Doom

BRUTAL DOOM - YouTube I've been playing Brutal Doom these days and I must say it's one of the most fun I've had in a while. I would say it feels like Hotline Miami in first person. It's challenging (if you don't put it on easy) but the kills are satisfying. If you have Doom I and II there's not...
  10. Crusher

Steam OS

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/ The secret thing Valve was working on appears to be an operating system dedicated to games because we all know how much Gabe hates Windows 8.
  11. Crusher

Death in SP games these days

For some reason these days alot of single player games respawn you when you die. For example in all bioshock games you are revived instantly with only a small loss of money as a penalty. I don't understand the idea behind it. It's not a multiplayer game, it's not a fair fight and it removes the...
  12. Crusher

space/flight sims and joysticks

A couple of days ago Freespace 2 was on sale on GoG so I bought it since I never had the pleasure of playing it. I have a joystick from when I used to play Echelon but my god, is it just me or is using a joystick really inaccurate in FS2? I can't seem to hit anything, I constantly overshoot my...
  13. Crusher

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

I didn't play Far Cry 3 yet, I might buy it when it's on sale, but that stand alone looks quite unique. It has a bit of a Hotline Miami vibe to it. Anyone's opinions about it? Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Official Trailer - YouTube
  14. Crusher

Bioshock Infinite and green man gaming

Last summer I got Bioshock 2 during the summer sales and even though I enjoyed it quite much I didn't finish it because I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know the story mattered so much in the bioshock Games. So I stopped playing figuring I will buy Bioshock 1 at one point and play that...
  15. Crusher

Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93045414&searchtext= This looks like fun, reminds me of breakneck and there aren't alot of racing action games like that anymore. Blur was allright but lacked some things. [Spoiler]Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage is a fast-paced addictive...
  16. Crusher

The "should I get this game" thread

Pure and simple, I've had times where I think about getting a game but I'm not sure about it, the reviews might be allright but there might be other factors. Figured i might as well make a thread dedicated to these moments. I'll start. Should I get command and conquer 3: Tiberium wars? It...
  17. Crusher

Promote custom maps

One of the unique things about RO1 was the large amount of custom maps. There were small maps, big maps, huge maps, city maps, field maps, town maps, combined, infantry, tanks, etc. Atm there are some custom maps for RO2 but not alot of servers use them. TWB cold steel has the cold steel map but...
  18. Crusher

Chat

Are there any plans on improving the chat? Like coloured names which shows what team you're on and perhaps also the location you're in because atm chat is really hard to follow since it's all white. I sometimes feel like having a talk with someone or order people around but good luck with that...
  19. Crusher

No timer

What the title says, no lockdown, no round timer just reinforcements because mostly the reinforcements are almost depleted when the round timer ends and it would allow more tacits like a more careful attack that takes longer but doesn't have that many casualities. Attackers might want to defend...
  20. Crusher

Mod style capture system

In RO mod for UT2K4 the capture system was a bit different than ROOST and RO2. To capture an objective you had to have more than one person in the cap, even if it wasn't captured by the other side. So when you wanted to capture let's say an apartment in Berlin you had to ask teammates to join...