• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Oldih

Please don't change the sight on the M16 TWI

Seems like I learned something new today.
  2. Oldih

Please don't change the sight on the M16 TWI

I doubt they will add any blur since even if they make it silky smooth by performance, there's a good chance of inducing headaches or how to balance the effect. Operation Flashpoint used 2D images for ironsights. While they still look quite impressive, in comparison neither Arma 2 or 3 have...
  3. Oldih

M16 melee

I could hit someone with a can of soda or beer in the head and induce notable blunt-force trauma despite being pretty light, hollow and brittle when compared to a solid object. You could fill a plastic bottle with water and functionally still deliver pretty nasty blow. There is also the very...
  4. Oldih

The issue of pixel skipping

Depending what kind of limitation we are talking about the general point is, software coding and logic sometimes leaps to black magic. Build engine (used for Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior etc) is able to essentially **** itself inside-out and have geometry collapse upon itself mid-game but it...
  5. Oldih

Thoughts on the direction of the game

Even if the assumption was incorrect, practically it had little effect to gameplay. Scrake ran through entire minefield of pipebombs and took few M32 barrages in its face. Maybe it's explosives aren't the best possible weapon type. Fleshie does the same, it blows up way before scrake did. Simple...
  6. Oldih

Thoughts on the direction of the game

I never considered recognition an issue in KF1, since it was sufficiently simple, most oddities or exceptions were learned over time and the under-the-hood data wasn't necessary to function. As time went on it became slightly noticeable because of perk changes, new weapons etc but it never was...
  7. Oldih

A word to the community

Welcome to the other (unfortunate) side of the Internet. Does early access protect from possible criticism? Especially under TWI's radio silence and some curious choices to say the least? No matter how retarded the reasons, if people are dissatisfied with something they just might be quite...
  8. Oldih

KF2: An honest perspective

To be fair, for a game that is pretty straightforward to get started KF2 does excellent job at withholding basic information that probably should be easy to access in-game.
  9. Oldih

User reviews on Steam...

General reception is based on average ratios of positive vs negative reviews. If a game had conjectural six million reviews total of which one million were negative, it still would be very positive reception. But how exactly it is unfair? Nerdrage and e-drama are nothing new but if someone...
  10. Oldih

When dose Early Assess End!?

I believe the reason is pretty simple why TWI's early access has taken more flak than average EA title. TWI is already established company with pretty good reputation on delivering, expanding and supporting content in long-term. Most EA titles are either due lack of resources and funding or...
  11. Oldih

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Pacific Assault was PC exclusive, so the console port point is moot. MoH : Rising Sun was set in the pacific as well was released prior PA and was console exclusive. To be fair I've never played PA but if it's anything comparable to MoH Breakthrough I consider myself lucky.
  12. Oldih

What are You Reading?

Anna Karenina
  13. Oldih

RO3 is coming in 2017!

Riding the something unseen for an FPS- train: -Franco-Prussian war 1870-71 -American Civil War -Napoleonic Wars -Korean War -Boshin War -Soviet invasion of Afghanistan My guess why not are the inevitable old wars are unsuitable because lack of mass (which is 50-50) or too obscure, too...
  14. Oldih

Tripware, please, do not ruin this game as you did with RO2 at the beginning

To my knowledge, Arma has never had organised competitive scene and has thrived always for the unusual - at least when compared to many other games, given even the original OFP had still content made on regular basis few years ago - modding scene and general sandbox emergent gameplay potential...
  15. Oldih

[Game] Insurgency 2 - Kickstarter

Back when paid Skyrim mods were the latest hot fad on Steam, someone put up horse genital pack for the suitable price of $99.99.
  16. Oldih

Things that the Squad dev team did well!

If we go by the common RO2 complaint (and 1 as well) how confusing and obtuse the game is to new players which also sparked the creation of action mode, I would not hold my breath.
  17. Oldih

Influx of aimbotting

What would denial help if you are already convinced with very flimsy basis? I recently got my first aimbot accusation in CS:GO and I replied "Yup, ogc cs beta 4 56.6k m0|)3|\/| edition still works. As failsafe I use spider-sense prefire 0.35 Clanbase Poland edition script." and the server...
  18. Oldih

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

It appears my browser crapped itself inside-out earlier on my end since by the time I posted that it did not show the text properly at the side, and imagine that picture with only text visible is BT-7. Oh well.
  19. Oldih

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

That looks more like PzIII to me.