• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

What games have you installed?

Half-Life Half-Life 2 Sven Co-Op (Co-Op mod for HL1. Pretty cool.) Causality Effect (Single player mod for HL2.) Day of Defeat: Source Counter Strike: Source (Bad hitboxes.) Red Orchestra: Ostfront (Laggy for me. Don't play.) Battlefield 2 Counter Strike 1.6 (Much better than Source.) Call of...
  2. C

Level Design RO-Goldap Update

Holy Jesus. That looks amazing. My dad thought it was a realy photo at first. Amazing. :eek:
  3. C

Half-Life 2: Episode 1

I dun like co-op with AI. Never had a good experience with it. Ever.
  4. C

GPU overheating

Get a zalman heatsink fan.
  5. C

I keep lagging.

Ok. I've found that it has nothing to do with the graphics or the sound. So it must be the router or something. I'm not gonna try to fool with it. RO's a great game, but I don't want to have to buy a new router just because of it. I might down the road, but right now, no way. I love RO. But...
  6. C

Can't play Red Orchestra ATM

Half-Life 2 is pretty fun.
  7. C

I keep lagging.

I give up. I'm just gonna not play RO. I appreciate all of the help, but seeing as nothing worked... Anyways. I loved the game while it worked alright, very good game. I hope maybe in the future we'll come up with something that'll make it not lag, cause I really want to play it. But as for...
  8. C

the no blur option does not penalize you enough,

I believe it is Dr. Strangelove. From the movie. On topic: Motion Blur = slightly odd. Complete blacking out of screen = person closing their eyes in a grimace because a bullet nearly hit them. I think a combination of the two would be alright. I know if a bullet whizzed by me I'd flinch.
  9. C

I keep lagging.

I installed those things and reset router/modem, but it didn't really help. And I don't think I could get my dad to buy another router just because I have a problem with one game. Especially since this one was $100.
  10. C

ESRB Ratings WTF

11. C

Level Design Industrial map

Wow. Looks very nice. Keep it up man.
  12. C

I keep lagging.

It is a Belken Wireless Pre-N router. Says version 2000.
  13. C

I keep lagging.

I'm not sure where to look for firmware for this router. I googled it, but couldn't find anything. Even if I did get it I'm not sure if I'd have to install the firmware on my dad's computer cause that's the computer that he installed the router on in the first place... I guess I'll look into it....
  14. C

I keep lagging.

I downloaded some drivers, and they helped an issue I had with Guild Wars loading the textures all blocky, but RO still sucks balls in the lag department. I'm going to try hooking my pc directly to the cable modem. EDIT: Hooking directly to the modem makes RO run like butter, much to my dad's...
  15. C

Using cover around you to conceal yourself

'Twould be impossible to do on Unreal 2.5. Maybe on 3?
  16. C

I keep lagging.

I have the Nvidia Geforce 6800xt. The forceware drivers don't work with it. I installed whatever came on the CD. I can't find any other drivers that are compatible. Help greatly appreciated. Edit: This thing - http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?XFX-6800XT
  17. C

I keep lagging.

For the graphics card? What drivers should I have then?
  18. C

I keep lagging.

Just tried without having teamspeak. It still lagged. Is there possibly anything I can do? It didn't lag, now it lags. I thought I fixed it, but I didn't. I've tried everything I could possibly think of, but I'm just fed up with the lag. I cannot understand why a crappy stock storebought Dell...
  19. C

I keep lagging.

I must retract my last statement. RO still lags. Mainly when I also use TS. I limited the bandwidth all the way down to 6kbs per second and I still got lag. I. Am. Pissed.
  20. C

I keep lagging.

Update on my problem: There is no problem. Something had gone screwy with my router, and it was running my PC on a separate IP that wasn't capable of running as fast, so everything's fine now. I played on the CiA/CoR server last night on Ambush Beta, pretty fun map. Thanks for all the tips guys.