• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. macready84464

Master Crafted and Battle scarred = worthless

Seriously what am I supposed to do with this thing? I can't break it down and I sure don't want to use it, all I'm left with is selling it on the marketplace but why would anyone want it? Sure would be nice if we could break it down into some useful materials.
  2. macready84464

Thoughts on the direction of the game

I can see the dilemma that TWI has been faced with making kf2 more than just an updated kf1 and experimentation and risks are a part of finding that happy place. I think the reason people were so outraged by the resistance changes were simply because it was so jarring to every perk but mostly...
  3. macready84464

Dear TWI, How can we, the Communiy, best help?

What he said. The WWAUT's help, but they only really address content being created for the next patch, what the community wants is someone to bounce information off of, a liaison between them and the developers. When Minecraft was in development Jeb and Notch were constantly talking with their...
  4. macready84464

I wish we could 'level' past 25 -Prestige levels-

I don't get the hate on a prestige system. It was mentioned frequently in KF1 and it always was met with arguments for and against it. A few of my friends like the grind, hell we bought extra KF1 copies so we could start all over again. I just don't see it as a community breaking feature. If...
  5. macready84464

Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters

It's not "fun" "for me" and everyone else on my "friends list." And difficulty has nothing to do with it, we don't enjoy it on any difficulty. First of all you came to the thread that I created. So picking and choosing which posts you decide to read while still responding to some posts is a...
  6. macready84464

The fact that it's not fun? If you bothered to read my other posts your own questions would be answered.
  7. macready84464

How about if it ain't broke don't fix it? I don't understand why people keep reiterating the current meta's form of cooperation. I didn't start this thread because I can't beat a map on normal or something, I started this thread because KF2 is just not fun. I don't need to beat a map to have...
  8. macready84464

What's wrong with the game being easier? You know on average only 1 percent of the owners of KF2 have even beaten a map on HOE? I want the game to be fun, and if you bother to read the entire thread you would see why. The game in its current state is an unguided mishmash of ideas and...
  9. macready84464

Hans melee is a joke

Had a game on Normal last night with 3 players and after 2 of us got ghosted by Hans we proceeded to watch our level 10 demo kite and shoot Hans for 15 minutes before finally dropping his last shield and killing him. And he was actually doing some good damage too, plenty of dynamite right under...
  10. macready84464

What are your Role Expectations?

You're actually right. Circle strafing was something really simple to learn and effectively allowed new players to see how to crowd control a scrake. At least against scrakes it was pretty balanced because there was always other **** walking up on you and other big zeds that would make circle...
  11. macready84464

This Berserker nerf is absurd.

What this guy said. The goal should be forcing the team to try interesting combinations of perks and loadouts making for fun results. Not worrying about which perk can get more kills. The current meta implies that every perk can be a trash killer and that only encourages competition amongst...
  12. macready84464

What are your Role Expectations?

And that's a bad thing. Whenever someone finds they're having fun with a perk (I've only found myself having fun with the firebug perk) TW seems to feel the proper response is to nerf it. If people are having fun with a perk, broken as it might have been with some things not working the way...
  13. macready84464

Killing Floor Trading Sites

Yup. I'm surprised they didn't have one ready to go once the trading floor hit.
  14. macready84464

Endless Wave Mode

They could approach it at least 2 different ways that I can think of. 1. Just have the same formula as right now with the wave system and trader breaks and just keep going past wave 10. Maybe having a boss every few waves after 11 or something. 2. Have 1 wave that never ends with a...
  15. macready84464

Too many bad medics

I really think that medics should be getting little or no xp for killing. Their incentive should be totally based on healing. I remember in KF1 medics couldn't wait to heal people, running around constantly with their dart guns topping people off if they were missing a sliver of health. Now...
  16. macready84464

This is more or less the TL;DR point I'm trying to make. The amount of players that really understand the mechanics and niches of game play in KF2 are regularly found in the higher difficulties. This leaves most of the newer clueless players on the easier difficulties and without a knowledge...
  17. macready84464

First off I'd like to thank everyone for the thoughtful replies. I really want to continue to discuss this and get as many points of view as possible. I
  18. macready84464

Decrypted a key and got junk :(

I know how you feel man, I've unboxed probably more than 30 things. Not sure exactly I haven't really counted, but I've unboxed a few cool things, nothing spectacular like a precious but that's luck of the draw. It's not for everyone but hey trading exists and once they have item crafting you...
  19. macready84464

There seems to be a growing sentiment that every perk is becoming a jack of all trades master of none. It took me a while to put my finger on what exactly was bugging me about kf2's gameplay compared to kf1 and that's the best way to describe it. I also see more and more evidence that perks...
  20. macready84464

Horzine Daily Mercenary Tasks (Daily Drop Criteria)

A daily bounty/quest system would be a boon to KF2's player base. Some people would log in simply because they like to do daily quests, some of those people would meet new friends during their quest and play more often. A larger player base increases interest and pulls new players in...