• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Just a quick question

That is a shame. Thanks for the reply at least, got my PC upgraded so can probably run this game decently now, but I'll probably just try and play ROOST or DH now and then when it has players... I miss the days when the old games had full servers :( Nothing comes close to it even today in...
  2. G

Just a quick question

Hey guys, I haven't played the game for a few years and was just wondering if there were any Classic servers with a steady population around. Hope someone can let me know, thanks. I didn't see a questions and answers thread so put this here :IS2:
  3. G

Coop

Alrighty, thanks for the responses. One of my friends is still waiting for the coop mode so I'll check back every couple of weeks for him. Thanks again.
  4. G

Coop

Hey guys, just a quick question, did the coop ever get released for RO2? Haven't played the game or followed it so if one of you could fill me in, that'd be appreciated.
  5. G

Poll time: Is KF a horror-themed game?

I apologize for the length, it was long but I had a lot on my mind. Not sure why it was deleted but meh, you quoted it for me so thanks for that. That's as far as my apology goes though, when I wrote that I was hoping for a discussion and some counterpoints rather than unwarranted aggression. I...
  6. G

Poll time: Is KF a horror-themed game?

KF originally had a cast of Soldiers and Police officers struggling to contain a threat that was about to engulf everything; KF today is full of chickens, robots, and other fun things that I haven't personally experienced for quite some time. While not something I would call survival horror...
  7. G

How is this game being promoted in Japan?

I think you missed the point Praxius. It's the other way around. If you LOSE as the Russians you get the picture you mentioned, if you LOSE as the Japanese you see those photos. It's to highlight the atrocities the other side committed and point out the fact that in war no one's hands are clean...
  8. G

Rising Storm is now on the Steam store.

What I haven't seen mentioned yet and will mention just for perspectives sake; I recall early on during marketing for RO2 that there were also modding tools given away to groups of modders so rather than mods coming out years after release, they'd be out 6 or so months after release. Large total...
  9. G

Ohmwrecker's impressions on Rising Storm

I really think taking a look at the flamethrower from BC2 Vietnam would be good here. Specifically the sound. From that demo it seemed like the screaming went on for a second than *plop*, they fall over dead as if they took a bullet to the head. To improve that I think creating some animations...
  10. G

Ranking Tank Commanders/Crewmen:

That's actually horrible I hope you see that. The guy stated that he feels like he's working when doing this because he's compelled to unlock everything, he doesn't WANT to do it but he feels like he has to. That's a horrible way to get people to play your game. I also disagree with the...
  11. G

Anti - Tank Soldier on HERO = GIFT

Sweet, downloading that and sent my friend the info. Thanks for that guys :IS2:
  12. G

Anti - Tank Soldier on HERO = GIFT

Does Rifleman count? :P Otherwise, I'll see you in about... actually no I'll probably be dead by then.
  13. G

I guess I'm back in Action (Critical Crashes Gone)

Recently upgraded to an Nvidia gtx 680 and while playing RO2 my entire system froze. This happened twice. Same thing happened in Bad company 2 as well once. Guess now I know why, I installed the card myself so was worried I screwed up somewhere along the line. Either way the new drivers I...
  14. G

Some Interesting Stats

It should be noted that all or almost all official TWI servers run Action or Realism; mostly Action from what I could tell. It's also important to note that most new players do not use the filter or even know it exists, simply joining the first server they see. I joined an action server just to...
  15. G

Everyone loves a good debate... PC Gamer Article

And to be honest the criticism of RO2 being clunky isn't just from CoD players. RO2 is just a clunky game, even moreso then ROOST was. Why? The movement, the cover system "sticking you" to certain parts of it among other things, reloading, leaning, proning as well as getting stuck on certain...
  16. G

Complaints and Grievances

I'd actually like to thank Mets and Kekkonen as I enjoyed reading their posts and have to agree with a majority of what they're saying. I wouldn't mind that history lesson on the RO1 competitive scene Kekko :P The major point of the OP from what I noticed was just to point out the flaws in the...
  17. G

Turning Foliage on Low... Cheap?

Honestly, it's not a big deal. A few players with high system specs might exploit this but I doubt a huge amount of these players exist. To be honest it seems more like paranoia to me then anything. The whole, this setting is an exploit is really only true for people who can run the game no...
  18. G

Console commands?

Well let me clear a few things up and hopefully you'll have an idea of what the problem is. All of my friends own Ostfront on Steam as do I, we're using hamachi to connect to each other as if the server was lan. So I use the host game option to host it, setting it to a lan server. My friends can...
  19. G

RO RedOrchestra.PL FightNights still alive and kicking

Hello, is there a steam group for this? I'd join that and join for some games here and there when they're happening but I don't want to join a forum or anything for that. Heh, nothing personal It'd just be more convenient for me. If not I'll check this thread every now and then to see if you...
  20. G

Console commands?

Hey Zets, sorry for bumping a two year thread. Found this through google and I was hoping you or someone could help out here. I'm trying to host a server through hamachi so me and my friends can do a few games where it's just us versus a number of bots on the other team. Is there a console...